**official Mma Thread**

Apparently it's Maia. Meh, no great option was there, can't complain no matter who got it. Should be Anderson via any strike he wants, but whatever. As long as Maia doesn't fight like Leites did.Thoughts on Nog vs. Mir and Wand vs. Busping? I like Nog. His sweeps vs. Randy were so sweet. Sure Randy is smaller than Cain, but Cain is still very green on the ground, or at least unproven. Bet Bisping +160, I like him fighting that boring fight from the outside like he did vs. Leben.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Apparently it's Maia. Meh, no great option was there, can't complain no matter who got it. Should be Anderson via any strike he wants, but whatever. As long as Maia doesn't fight like Leites did.Thoughts on Nog vs. Mir and Wand vs. Busping? I like Nog. His sweeps vs. Randy were so sweet. Sure Randy is smaller than Cain, but Cain is still very green on the ground, or at least unproven. Bet Bisping +160, I like him fighting that boring fight from the outside like he did vs. Leben.
Wont touch Nog/Cain cuz I am stumped there. I like the Bisbing bet. Wand has looked progressivly worse his last few fights. I believe this is his first cut all the way down to 185 too. I think Rothwell is worth a small play at +130.
Wont touch Nog/Cain cuz I am stumped there. I like the Bisbing bet. Wand has looked progressivly worse his last few fights. I believe this is his first cut all the way down to 185 too. I think Rothwell is worth a small play at +130.
On Rothwell as well. Surprised at that line.TONS of new lines at Bodog. Things I liked and got on early. Jon Fith -110Thiago Alves -120I see it going the same way as the first fight. Ricardo Almeida -135Matt Brown +105Brown loses by sub, Almeida subs guys like nuts. Almeida throwing around Grove really impressed me. Weight cut and return from injury are the only problems. Mark Munoz -140Kendall Grove +110Munoz will wind up on top. Don't think chances of him getting subbed are 40/60. Not much more to this, I don't think. Munoz's camping with the Nogs I think helps him a ton. On those two big, smaller plays wereLil Nog -250Forrest +180I know Forrest performs well against the wall, but Nog does everything, everything better. Nog is so technical he should continue to hit Forrest, whose chin has looked bad.Matt Mitrione +135 Kimbo Slice -165Lot of people jumped this huge. Not sure about that. I think Mitrione stands, but still isn't +135. He's with a good, smart camp, something Alexander wasn't. And is much bigger/stronger. Kimbo mentioned he knew he would be able to wind up throwing Alexander because he was so much bigger, won't be the case here. Rashad Evans +105 Rampage -135Rampage just doesn't deal with speed well. Guys that make him get on his horse frustrate him. Even Jardine was able to use his limited movement and keep Rampage from getting off. If Rashad has truly found his wrestling, he wins. Don't think Rashad is a super stud, but think his style is strong in this fight. Rampage just seems to me to fight off the bottom of his feet. Other lines I found interesting wereGracie +375Hughes -500Florian -275Gomi +215Nelson -340Struve +260Machida -185Shogun +155
My picks. Saturopolis.....not even going to try and spell it correctly.BaderVelasquezSilvaFwiw, Silva is the riskiest play imo. If he is in shape and brings his A game, I love him in this fight.
Sweet!Cain has to get the first shot at Lesnar imo.

Went against judgment and bought this card. Turned out decent.Not completely sure on how things work after fights, but I'm assuming there's no way that the Bonner fight gets changed to a No Contest?

Went against judgment and bought this card. Turned out decent.Not completely sure on how things work after fights, but I'm assuming there's no way that the Bonner fight gets changed to a No Contest?
Didnt get it. How did Wandy look?

He looked all right, it was a very close fight. Bisping was saved by the bell twice, almost choked out in the 2nd, and Silva almost KO'd him in the 3rd. He looked like he was gonna soccer kick him in the final seconds. Silva got taken down several times, but escaped rather easily. Silva did most of his work in the final :30 of each round, except in round 2, Bisping took him down but was caught in a guillotine just as the horn sounded.

Not really, no. It's pretty much the same thing as the Anthony Johnson/Kevin Burns fight from a year and a half ago. Burns poked Johnson in the eye so badly he needed surgery to repair it, and the fight was stopped giving Burns the win. I'm sure the UFC will do the same thing here that they did with that fight...get them healed up and give them an immediate rematch.
My picks. Saturopolis.....not even going to try and spell it correctly.BaderVelasquezSilvaFwiw, Silva is the riskiest play imo. If he is in shape and brings his A game, I love him in this fight.
Very well done. Now a month break before 3 UFC events in a month... also heard Fedor won't be on CBS April card, which I supposed means they are setting up a summer date with Overeem.
UFC headed to big screenLAS VEGAS (AP) -- The UFC is headed to the big screen.The mixed martial arts league has reached a deal to showcase its main events at over 300 movie theaters, starting with UFC 111 on March 27. The UFC announced the deal to The Associated Press on Monday.Although the UFC experimented with big-screen presentations for its fights in Britain for several years, this stateside deal follows the financial success of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s victory over Juan Manuel Marquez in 170 movie theaters last September."I'm always interested in distribution, in finding new ways to get UFC to people," UFC president Dana White said. "My philosophy is always that we haven't scratched how big this is going to be, because we haven't got it into the mainstream yet. This is just another way to do that. I'm anxious to put it out there in theaters and see what happens."Up to 20 screenings will be hosted by various UFC fighters, including events in Chicago and Minneapolis.Georges St. Pierre will defend his welterweight title against Dan Hardy in UFC 111's main event at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., with Frank Mir fighting Shane Carwin for the interim heavyweight title.White said he isn't worried about harming the UFC's pay-per-view revenue by making the fights available for the price of a theater ticket that will cost less than buying the fight at home. He believes boxing hurt itself in recent years by making its biggest fights only available on pay-per-view instead of creating alternative ways to watch, including the UFC's extensive business on the Internet.White expects the same fans who watch fights in bars or at parties will be intrigued by a huge screen and surround-sound."It's another way to get the product in front of people," White said. "We'll do everything."Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/...l#ixzz0gfPOI7XRGet a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
UFC headed to big screenLAS VEGAS (AP) -- The UFC is headed to the big screen.The mixed martial arts league has reached a deal to showcase its main events at over 300 movie theaters, starting with UFC 111 on March 27. The UFC announced the deal to The Associated Press on Monday.Although the UFC experimented with big-screen presentations for its fights in Britain for several years, this stateside deal follows the financial success of Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s victory over Juan Manuel Marquez in 170 movie theaters last September."I'm always interested in distribution, in finding new ways to get UFC to people," UFC president Dana White said. "My philosophy is always that we haven't scratched how big this is going to be, because we haven't got it into the mainstream yet. This is just another way to do that. I'm anxious to put it out there in theaters and see what happens."Up to 20 screenings will be hosted by various UFC fighters, including events in Chicago and Minneapolis.Georges St. Pierre will defend his welterweight title against Dan Hardy in UFC 111's main event at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., with Frank Mir fighting Shane Carwin for the interim heavyweight title.White said he isn't worried about harming the UFC's pay-per-view revenue by making the fights available for the price of a theater ticket that will cost less than buying the fight at home. He believes boxing hurt itself in recent years by making its biggest fights only available on pay-per-view instead of creating alternative ways to watch, including the UFC's extensive business on the Internet.White expects the same fans who watch fights in bars or at parties will be intrigued by a huge screen and surround-sound."It's another way to get the product in front of people," White said. "We'll do everything."Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/...l#ixzz0gfPOI7XRGet a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
Another page out of the Vince Mcmahon playbook. Would be pretty cool but I perfer a house party atmosphere with beer and good food.

Surprising too because I always thought Benevidez's stand up was so sloppy and lunging in nature. If Faber loses, I see them putting Torres and Faber together in a "Superfight" for their next PPV, if they do a second one that is. I guess it depends on the success of the first. But each would be in a must win situation. Although, who knows, both seem to make their respective weights with relative ease, so I don't know who was raise or cut. Maybe 140 catchweight? Maybe I'm talking out of my ass? I think that 135lb belt is gonna get passed around like a stripper at a bachelor party for a while.

Surprised by Torres getting dominated, but won Benevidez at +300. This was supposed to be the huge 135 fight everyone wanted and for some reason Torres was -450. Lost Bowles, but was a good night.Man, the Jens speech was awesome. Going to be watching that for a long time.

Pulver announces retirement, really not that surprising. Didn't get a chance to watch him as much as many of you guys did, but that speech was something.Head back to the WEC analyst gig.

I watched the fights with my gf last night. After Jens lost I said, watch, he is going to retire........again. He really seems to love the sport. Great speech.I had a strong feeling that the underdogs would do well. The lines seemed pretty odd. Wish that I had action on this card.

I know this is an MMA thread, but I have a dilemna that is related to the martial arts, not mma specifically.When I was in my teens I trained in kenpo and hapkido.Recently I've decided that I want to start training again, but I do not want to train in MMA.My reasons for training. I love the tradition/spiritual side of the arts. Self defense. Get into shape.The most effective style for self defense is krav maga imo. However it is completely lacking the spiritual side. It's a modern art. And facilities have rotating instructors. Much like a health club.I really like traditional schools. But I do not believe they are going to be as effective as krav maga in a self defense situation.So now I ask myself, what should I do. And of course the question then becomes.......which is more important, tradition or self defense.......Sigh.Thoughts/Suggestions?

hehe I knew there would be alot of Serra refrences to give the appearance that Hardy has a shot. I know its a lopsided main event but I am pretty pumped for this card for the first time in a while. The Versus card on the 21st is a nice appetizer too.

hehe I knew there would be alot of Serra refrences to give the appearance that Hardy has a shot. I know its a lopsided main event but I am pretty pumped for this card for the first time in a while. The Versus card on the 21st is a nice appetizer too.
there is a pretty good countdown show on VS for that show. Lots of Bones Jones and Vera doing his usual talking act. If that guy was half as aggressive in the ring as he was in the interview (vera) his last 3 or 4 fights wouldn't have sucked so bad. He's so afraid to let his hands and feet go. Maybe he's afraid of getting knocked out. Bones is gonna take it to him. They even got me a tad hyped for Gonzaga vs Dos Santos.