**official Mma Thread**

They need to find the best 3 judges in the business(with an alternate or 2) and pay them alot of money to do the job fulltime. I think right now judges are paid so little that its something they do in there spare time. If you have guys who make a living judging they can dedicate all there time to the sport. Of course if there only 3 judges you know who is judging each fight and opens itself up to some shady shit but if you can get 3 guys and scrutinize there personal lives and even drug test and hook them up to lie detectors regularly you can be pretty safe. Pay them enough that the jobs are highly coveted no one would want to ever risk losing them. Its been the same story with judging in boxing for decades.
the problem is the judges they use are all boxing judges who have no ide how to judge mma because they have never fought or trained in the sport
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Bisbing/Hendo is gonna be closer than people think I predict. But when it comes down to it I think Bisbing cant KO Hendo while Hendo can KO Bisbing. I think Hendo will decision him but if it is a close fight I wouldnt be suprised if Bisbing gets the nod.
i just hope dan comes out with a better game plan than "load up the right and throw it whenever you are close"
i just hope dan comes out with a better game plan than "load up the right and throw it whenever you are close"
Yea that Palhares fight was brutal to watch.Wow GSP up to -455 on the site I use. I got in at -250. I could arb it right now and lock in a profit, but I am not gonna. Gotta be getting close to the territory where there is value in Alves though.
Wow GSP up to -455 on the site I use. I got in at -250. I could arb it right now and lock in a profit, but I am not gonna. Gotta be getting close to the territory where there is value in Alves though.
wow that is a shit load of money getting laid on gsp
Call me crazy, but that was uncomfortable to watch and not really funny at all.
Sometimes I find uncomfortableness funny, this was one of those times.Anyway, Anyone know how long these PPV's last? It is listed for 6.5 hours on my tv guide, is that pretty standard or will it be over earlier? I ask so that I can plan my evening a little better. Thanks, T
Sometimes I find uncomfortableness funny, this was one of those times.Anyway, Anyone know how long these PPV's last? It is listed for 6.5 hours on my tv guide, is that pretty standard or will it be over earlier? I ask so that I can plan my evening a little better. Thanks, T
They start at 7pm pacific and they go off the air at 10pm. If there is time after the main event they show prelim fights.
They start at 7pm pacific and they go off the air at 10pm. If there is time after the main event they show prelim fights.
Thanks, so they must replay it immediately on the PPV then?
Thanks, so they must replay it immediately on the PPV then?
Not sure. I guess it depends on the cable system you use. I see if you order off of UFC.COM now they give you free access to all the unaired prelims. I always thought they should offer a full event ppv where you can watch the whole event from begining to end for a few dollars more. There was one event last year where all but 1 of the prelims made it to air before the event was over. But with 2 5 round championship fights on the card if we get to see 1 or 2 of the prelims it would be good.
If Alves doesnt make weight causing the fight to not be for the championship he should be hidden in prelims till his contract expires.
I read on junkie that he was apparently chugging water the moment he stepped off the scale. But who knows if that's true. I know his standup is generally regarded as superior to GSP's, but I just don't see him giving him any trouble. If GSP prevails do you guys think it sets up a superfight against AS? Or are they gonna make Silva fight the winner of Hendo/Bisping?
I read on junkie that he was apparently chugging water the moment he stepped off the scale. But who knows if that's true. I know his standup is generally regarded as superior to GSP's, but I just don't see him giving him any trouble. If GSP prevails do you guys think it sets up a superfight against AS? Or are they gonna make Silva fight the winner of Hendo/Bisping?
Both. If GSP wins I think he will need a longer than usual layoff to add some effective bulk(he has stated this). In the meantime AS can fight the winner of Hendo/Bisbing probally at the end off the year. Of course the fight will lose some luster if AS cant beat Forrest but still would be pretty big. The UFC entrance into the Toronto market is where the fight would take place imo. They would sell 60k seats and gross 10 mill easy there imo for that fight. If GSP wins tommorow there is really nothing left in the division for him. The only fight that was competitive was with Fitch but GSP had a 5 round shut out in that one. Then what Serra 3? Anthony Johnson was approaching top contender status but has had a set back injury wise and personal wise aswell. Everyone else would get dominated. If everything works out this could be yet another fight that elevates the UFC.
Both. If GSP wins I think he will need a longer than usual layoff to add some effective bulk(he has stated this). In the meantime AS can fight the winner of Hendo/Bisbing probally at the end off the year. Of course the fight will lose some luster if AS cant beat Forrest but still would be pretty big. The UFC entrance into the Toronto market is where the fight would take place imo. They would sell 60k seats and gross 10 mill easy there imo for that fight. If GSP wins tommorow there is really nothing left in the division for him. The only fight that was competitive was with Fitch but GSP had a 5 round shut out in that one. Then what Serra 3? Anthony Johnson was approaching top contender status but has had a set back injury wise and personal wise aswell. Everyone else would get dominated. If everything works out this could be yet another fight that elevates the UFC.
Good stuff. If GSP wins and they commit to having him take a shot at Anderson, how terrified will Dana, et al. be at the prospect of Silva losing to the winner of Hendo/Bisping? I mean, it would still be huge either way, but it seems risky to me letting Silva fight someone else after the UFC commits to GSP v Silva. I'm obviously half joking when I say this, but since putting in some time playing UFC undisputed 2009, I think i have subconsciously gained even more respect for GSP. He is just so ridiculously good on that game, he is almost like a created superfighter. It is just such a pleasure to fight with him. . .pretty much unfair to use him online, imo.
I read on junkie that he was apparently chugging water the moment he stepped off the scale. But who knows if that's true.
Most definitely true. Every other fighter along with him FWIW. When you cut 15+ lbs you have to start rehydrating immediately.I don't see Dana giving GSP to AS right away. I think he needs a couple of smaller MW's to fight before we see the fight with AS. Who knows though...they may go for the jugular right away.
Most definitely true. Every other fighter along with him FWIW. When you cut 15+ lbs you have to start rehydrating immediately.I don't see Dana giving GSP to AS right away. I think he needs a couple of smaller MW's to fight before we see the fight with AS. Who knows though...they may go for the jugular right away.
definitely not He wins and Silva wins, I'm nearly positive that GSP v Silva is the next fight. He won't want to chance GSP getting beat by a lesser MW. (nearly positive means I'm speculating out of my ass and going off of what I read)

On Bisbing, Mir and huge on GSP. So pumped for tonight but I am on call for work so I have my fingers crossed not to get called away. Enjoy the fights everyone and GL for those with action.Some really good news for us Western Canadians and anyone in the Pacific Northwest of the US.http://forums.mmajunkie.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15208I am so there if it goes down. The problem is though Vancouver city council still hasnt approved MMA in the city. Vancouver has historically had far left councils so it scares me that some bleeeding hearts would hold up a major event like this. Rampage dry humping Dana!2006.jpg

Also, what a dick lesnar is.
This is my first UFC PPV I've seen, and I thought it was freaking awesome. Brock Lesnar is the man in my book. Why shouldn't he flip off the crowd when they are booing him? Also, I'm definitely ok with his bad sportsmanship after the fight. Mir was talking a lot of shit before the fight, why should Brock shake his hand and be grateful afterwards? I don't see it as bad sportsmanship, I see it as Mir being held accountable for his shittalk. Awesome Lesnar quotes:"I'm going to drink a COORS LIGHT!!! Because Bud Light won't pay me.""I might even get on top of my wife tonight!!!"Also, I counted 8 punches after Mir was out that the ref let the fight go on. Seemed a little ridiculous.
Also, what a dick lesnar is.
Superdick. I had no opinion of him until tonight. But that just really made me hate him.
Just me or was that one of the worst decisions I've ever seen in UFC? What blind judge scored it 30-27 for the japanese guy????
Had no issue with the final result, but definitely not a 30-27.