**official Mma Thread**

i think chuck is washed now, but shogun hasn't been impressing me eitheri'm fully riding dustin hazletts nuts though, a big fan of his rubber guard work
Difficult to think of many people at welterweight with jitz as good as Hazelett.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Maia is dangerous and an interesting matchup, but he has to beat Leites first. If Leites gets it down, I really do think he's in good shape to win this fight. The opening line of Chuck/Shogun will be very interesting.
Pretty sure Chuck is around a 2-1 favorite. I think they're both washed up. I mean Shogun was losing a fight to Mark Coleman! I have to go with Chuck on this one. Chuck won't gas.
Pretty sure Chuck is around a 2-1 favorite. I think they're both washed up. I mean Shogun was losing a fight to Mark Coleman! I have to go with Chuck on this one. Chuck won't gas.
I thought exactly the same way about the Shogun Chuck fight at first but I am starting to think if I can get Shogun at +180 or better I will bet him. Chuck fits more into what Shogun can thrive on a stand up striking battle. It was the grappling with the 2 bigger men in Forrest and Coleman that gassed Shogun in there fights something that he wont contend with against Chuck. Plus the fact that if Shogun loses he is pretty much done with the UFC. Its been a long time since Chuck has KO'd anyone.
I thought exactly the same way about the Shogun Chuck fight at first but I am starting to think if I can get Shogun at +180 or better I will bet him. Chuck fits more into what Shogun can thrive on a stand up striking battle. It was the grappling with the 2 bigger men in Forrest and Coleman that gassed Shogun in there fights something that he wont contend with against Chuck. Plus the fact that if Shogun loses he is pretty much done with the UFC. Its been a long time since Chuck has KO'd anyone.
I'm not sure if I want a piece of this fight either way. I agree with some of the things you said. However, this is a similar fight to the one Chuck had with Vanderlei. Chuck can actually dictate where this fight goes because of his wrestling. Both of these guys have been really hit or miss lately. Mostly miss.Essentially this fight will come down to who wants the win more......

Gonna be out of town next week so I am betting the next card this week. I already bet Gonzaga biggish but think I will stay away from Rampage at -400. Any value in Jardine at +250? Also looking at Hammil at -160 but havent pulled the trigger on that one. Maybe something smallish on Day as Grove didnt look good against a washed up Tanner. I want to bet Anderson Silva -450 right now but dont really want to tie up a big bet for that long.

Gonna be out of town next week so I am betting the next card this week. I already bet Gonzaga biggish but think I will stay away from Rampage at -400. Any value in Jardine at +250? Also looking at Hammil at -160 but havent pulled the trigger on that one. Maybe something smallish on Day as Grove didnt look good against a washed up Tanner. I want to bet Anderson Silva -450 right now but dont really want to tie up a big bet for that long.
I definitely like Jardine at that line. He seems to step it up in big fights. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he took this one.
meh the line dropped on Gonzaga from -200 to -175 so I did the only thing to do in that situation and doubled my bet :club:
I thought that Sanchez looked quite good, especially his stand up. Considering how bad he used to be, he really won that fight on pure standup ability. Yes, he didn't get a knockout, but nonetheless he was very impressive.
Beating Stevenson in a stand up fight is nothing to be proud of. I don't remember him knocking anyone out or even stunning anyone since he has been in the UFC. He is more of a gullotine choke guy.It seemed to me Sanchez was very cautious being his first time @ 155 and didn't want to gas. I think in his next fight you see the same super aggro Sanchez like he was @ 170.
Havent read it but BJ pushes this issue to set up a 3rd fight in a year or so where he gets destroyed again but makes alot of money.
BJ comes from a wealthy family and doesn't need the money. Seems to be grasping at straws and making an attempt to save face IMHO.
BJ comes from a wealthy family and doesn't need the money. Seems to be grasping at straws and making an attempt to save face IMHO.
Rich people always want more money. Hell everyone wants more money. A 3rd GSP fight will bring in more money than anything available at LW for him right now. His Fight with Sherk had about 500k buys, estimates on the GSP fight were North of a million and maybe as high as 1.3 million buys. A large chunk of a main eventers salary is tied to ppv buys.
Nevada Commission to review the case of GSP and BJ March 17, any shot they give BJ a no contest?
I dont, if you watch the fight in between they(officials) were wiping off GSP's back. What little bit could of come off of Nurses's hand from rubbing his back is very little to none.case closed

I'm sorry, when you are one of the best jiu-jitsu players in the sport and you can't hold your high guard on someone, BJ has no chance of catching him. Sure he was overpowered, but how can you say he never catches GSP when he's the best in the sport? We don't know if he was going to catch him, and that's the problem.

I'm sorry, when you are one of the best jiu-jitsu players in the sport and you can't hold your high guard on someone, BJ has no chance of catching him. Sure he was overpowered, but how can you say he never catches GSP when he's the best in the sport? We don't know if he was going to catch him, and that's the problem.
But the situation was dealt with in the cage when it was spotted. I believe between rd 1 and 2. BJ's camp knew what had happened and knew that GSP had been wiped down its crap imo to acknowledge the problem, agree to go on and then file a complaint and make it as an excuse for not winning.
in the response for St-Pierre's camp they explain that the game plan of GSP was to win the fight on the ground. In their first fight GSP got beat up in the 1st round and managed to win with his ground game in rounds 2 and 3. So again this fight was going to be won by GSP on the ground. Knowing BJ's strength on the ground they practiced avoiding his dangerous rubber guard. His plan was to ground and pound BJ, and he executed perfectly, Bj was overwheled. GSP's skill on the ground was showcased even more by his ability to pass BJ's guard, something that no other fighter had been able to do. They also talk about why they were rubbing him the way they did, it was for breathing techniques, the hands he rubbed his back with didn't even have vaseline on it, and any amount that made it onto GSP other than on his face was very minimal and didn't have any effect on the fight.BJ didn't lose becasue of vaseline, he lost because GSP fought a better fight than him. And he wasn't a bit better, he dominated him.

GSP's video did nothing for me. It's a breathing technique, I'm not sure anyone denied that, the fact is he rubbed a substance on his back. Also, who cares what GSPs strategy was? Through the Vaseline, you made it harder for BJ to use his biggest weapon, his jiu-jitsu. GSP probably wins the fight anyway, but guaranteeing a guy like BJ won't catch him if he isn't greased seems silly.

, but how can you say he never catches GSP when he's the best in the sport?
bj is good, but you are stretching things here a bit

I think GSP probably would have won this fight regardless with his gameplan that he was using, but I also don't think we should dismiss that he may have cheated. The breathing thing he does could be something he actually believes helps him, but it would be pretty convenient to cheat and add vaseline while they're doing it. They would have the built-in excuse as to why they were doing it if they were ever caught like in this situation. BJ is also not the first to complain about it. Sherk has made complaints, Hughes has done the same, Mayhem as well.There's no doubt in my mind the vaseline would have helped GSP in this fight. It wasn't only the fact that BJ couldn't hold his high guard or do any rubber guard stuff, he couldn't control GSP's posturing either. Now, maybe GSP really has evolved into some super fighter that can smash world class BJJ players at their own game, but I find it a tad bit weird that nobody seems to be able to control his posture and hold his head down. Anyone that's ever grappled before knows that sweat makes things hard enough as is, but adding even a tiny bit of vaseline makes just about any guard useless. A light wiping with towels isn't going to remove vaseline either, that stuff is hard to get off. Also, if you watch the first fight, GSP was able to do nothing in BJ's guard. BJ controlled his head and GSP wasn't able to posture up like he did the 2nd fight. Yeah, it was a couple of years ago, but I find it a bit hard to believe that somebody could evolve that quickly on the ground.