**official Mma Thread**

Some interesting stuff going on. Most people are focusing on GSP being greased during the fight. That's an issue for sure, and we will have to see how that plays out.But nobody is talking about the fact that BJ quit. Anyway you slice it, HE threw in the towel. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of BJ. I also like GSP. I had no clue who was going to win before the fight, so I avoided it. BJ called GSP a quitter etc. And nobody seems to notice that BJ essentially tapped in between the 4th and 5th round.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Even more of a story to me is all the talk of BJ retiring. Apparently he appeared on Hawaiin TV and said if he won he was retiring with both belts but doesn't want to go out on a loss so is unsure about his future.

Two greasing videos. I want this to go away, but that looks awfully intentional. I say ban that guy and Jackson, who Keith Kizer claims to have seen do the same, from being inside the octagon between rounds but still let them work corners, I mean it seems like SOMETHING has to be done about it.
Yea the greasing was bad but do you guys think BJ would take a rematch with GSP? I dont think so.Gonzaga -155 is screaming at me. What do you guys think?
Good point about BJ not taking rematch. I think he wants to now dominate 155 forever and go down as one of the most dominant champions ever rather than more dominating losses.Love Gonzaga too, but will watch as many of Carwin's fights as I can before making a bet. But it's just so easy seeing this fight going ~1 minute of Gonzaga fading and frustrating him, suckering him into a takedown, dominating into a finish.

This gave me a chuckle2cftg0m.gifOf course theis would imply that BJ actually made a offensive move against GSP. He was way to tennitive to have a chance. He looked scared to me from weigh in stare down to the pre fight intros. Even the final scene from episode 3 of primetime when he is leaving Hawaii he seemed to have a look of doom in his eyes.

I have a quick question about MMA fighting in general maybe some of you answer for me. Why is there rarely a bloody nose? Do they do something to their noses that prevents it most of the time (thinking nose packs or something but they wouldn't be able to breathe so that seems unlikely)? Or are the fighters just good enough that they never really take a direct blow to the nose? Years of abuse has conditioned their noses to take the punishment? Something else?Just something I thought about today and figured someone might know the answer.

I would guess if you have been fighting MMA long enough you have had your nose broken at least once. There are a lot of bloody noses, but I have never heard of anyone using "nose packs" or anything of the sort.Maybe someone in the know can give a definitive answer.

BJ accepts GSP's challenge for a third fight. I cant see this actually getting done but if the numbers of 1.3 million buys was correct the UFC probally will be willing to make it happen so soon. I dont see the end result changing if it does occur.

isn't a parlay when all three have to come in? That seems risky in an MMA event. GL
Yea I liked the 2 favorites but not enough to put enough money to make a decent score so I looked for a underdog to parlay them with and Luigi stood out as decent value. Didnt put a ton of thought into it just wanted a little action on the card.
just wanted a little action on the card.
This is why I've never once gambled on any sporting event in my life. I fear that once I do, I won't be able to watch any of it without having action on it.I mean, I do a weekly football pool for $10 a week and have once in a blue moon done the super bowl pick a box thing, but never have put money down on a team to win. I'd likely turn to a degen. Well, a bigger degen.

On Danzig and Lauzon tonight. Also, here is a pic of the guy Cain Valazquez is fighting (lol). I would REALLY like to see the Tibau/Clementi and Pellegrino/Emerson fights, hopefully they get bumped up on time, I can't see the Valazquez fight going past, say, 12 seconds.denis-stojnic.jpg

Ahh couldnt resist. parlayed up Luigi, Mac, and Joe for about +800 on a small bet.
0-2 so far - you are close to winning the reverse parlay! That Mac/Neer fight had potential to be fight of the night. Wish it didn't end halfway through. I was hoping Mac would pound his face in the way Neer was acting.

solid action card. No complaints at all from me. Neer seems like a douche, but he's tough.Lauzon's style makes for excitement, but he needs to get a more vicious ground and pound. I think when he's on top, he's strictly looking for subs, which is cool too. I love the subs. Food and jiu jitsu

Fun fights to watch. You could tell Lauzon has trained with BJ, he's looking awesome. Other fights were good. Neer should be fun to watch and Danzig I thought would be able to avoid subs, lost small on the card was on Lauzon and Danzig, oh well.

I thought it was a good night of fights. I just watched the Clementi/Tibau fight on ufc.com and I don't think I have ever seen Clementi schooled like that. It didn't look like he was in the fight at any point.Cain's opponent has a damn solid chin. Cain was teeing off and it just didn't look like it was fazing him.Danzig just looks small to me for 155. I thought the Veach/Grice was a horrible stoppage. Grice was defending himself significantly more than Veach was earlier in the fight. The ref let Veach take soooo much damage and then stopped the fight as soon as Grice hit the mat. Me no comprendo. Thought Anthony Johnson looked solid.No action on that card as nothing stood out at me. In hindsight I won huge though.

solid action card. No complaints at all from me. Neer seems like a douche, but he's tough.Lauzon's style makes for excitement, but he needs to get a more vicious ground and pound. I think when he's on top, he's strictly looking for subs, which is cool too. I love the subs. Food and jiu jitsu
His ground and pound is some of the best around. He just didn't use it this fight, but if you watch his other fights, he's very good at it.

Anybody else feel like Sanchez is going to be a force at 155lbs? He's already beaten the #1 contender in the division and he was like a top 5 in the UFC's WW division. He'll actually be a big fighter for his division (instead of a relatively small one compared to guys like finch/gsp/alves) so I could see him coming into title contention at a later date. Also, WW is stacked compared to LW.

Was a good move down from Sanchez should account for Stevenson, I also see Sanchez just been too strong for some of the guys at 155. Probably the least exciting card UFC have put out in a while but the overseas ones seem to be like that, only other fight I'll show a bit of interest in is the Koscheck V Thiago fight