**official Mma Thread**

I dunno. Forrest won 2nd 10-8, and the 5th 10-9. I thought 1 went to Rampage 10-9. I thought 3 and 4 were too close to call and could go either way. Apparently the judges split those rounds between them The scores seemed about right to me, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it ended up a draw.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Not a super sexy card, but I do think Forrest won, and Rampage admitted as much after. It always saddens me when they don't totally sell out in the last round and go for knockouts, especially if behind. Glad I watched at a bar and didnt spend the cash, although the bar was annoying, so next time I'll do it at my or someone else's house.

I thought at best it would be a split decision going to Forrest, but I guess thats why I aint a judge. Now that Anderson Silva is in the 205 this will be very interesting! I think his best match up will be against Machida and that would make for a very interesting fight!

Not a super sexy card, but I do think Forrest won, and Rampage admitted as much after. It always saddens me when they don't totally sell out in the last round and go for knockouts, especially if behind. Glad I watched at a bar and didnt spend the cash, although the bar was annoying, so next time I'll do it at my or someone else's house.
I agree....maybe the most boring card I watched in awhile. Every fight that I saw was basically bore city. Other than Kochek opening up that sik gash and Joe Daddy's guilletoine, this was a snoozer....and I usually never say that.I was STUNNED that Rampage lost. Not that he didn't get the decision, but how he never got much going. I think he def won Rd. 1, but if the refs scored round 2 Forrest 10-8, then it was easy to see this as unanimous. I think even if u could give rds 1,3,4,5 as split...which I think was more 3-1 Forrest, he controlled rd 2 so much that he had to win. Other than 1 punch and opening a cut over Forrest eye, Rampage didn't do much damage at all. I am a huge fan of Rampage's, but obv that Leg got hurt bad and I am not sure how anyone saw him winning that fight.

I thought it might be a weird decision. In boxing, you have to dominate the champ to get the belt and Forrest definitely didn't dominate, but I did think he did enough to win, and fortunately, I guess the judges saw it the same.Although, I wonder if Forrest pulls the tape from TUF and tries to get Rampage's purse. Rampage did bet his purse that it wouldn't go to decision. Uh oh.

Although, I wonder if Forrest pulls the tape from TUF and tries to get Rampage's purse. Rampage did bet his purse that it wouldn't go to decision. Uh oh.
A few of the fighters would do that (Ortiz) but I dont think Forrest would, he seems to be a genuine guy and I dont think he would take some ones bread and butta. Plus shouldnt Forrest be near the end of his contract? Huge ReWrite in the works!

I'm not going to type that this cardwa a let down because it's the "anything can happen factor" that keeps me coming back, not the actual fight... well,, unless it becomes a trend.but I will say Cote v Almeida was a huge let down. Almeida "I won the first round, now if I can only get a take down or two in one of the next two rounds, I'll win a decisions. That Patrick hits hard" Almeida was definately not ready for 3 2 rounds. I'm saying to my wife, "He's tired", while Joe is saying "Almeida looks real relaxed". Only to catch on in the replay of the 2nd round summary that "almeida was totally exhausted by this point". Yeah, I guess that's what "relaxing" can doKos is pretty much a bad ass.

HAHAHAHAHA FUCK ALL YALL MOTHAFUCKAAAAAASSSSS
My Picks - You have 10 picks American Odds Fractional Odds Decimal Odds Place Your BetsMoneyline Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson -600 Mixed Martial Arts .......8uMoneyline Robbie Lawler -245 Mixed Martial Arts .......6uMoneyline Jorge Rivera +200 Mixed Martial Arts .......3uMoneyline Marcus Davis -115 Mixed Martial Arts .......5uMoneyline Brandon Vera -170 Mixed Martial Arts .......5uMoneyline Nate Marquardt -165 Mixed Martial Arts .......6uMoneyline Thiago Alves +160 Mixed Martial Arts .......5uMoneyline Chris Lytle +250 Mixed Martial Arts .......3uMoneyline Forrest Griffin +200 Mixed Martial Arts .......4uMoneyline Fedor Emelianenko -450 .......7u
well at least I nailed that one. I need to rewatch the Forrest fight; but my thoughts were: He didn't clearly win any roundm really; but I would have scred it 47-47.
I'm not going to type that this cardwa a let down because it's the "anything can happen factor" that keeps me coming back, not the actual fight... well,, unless it becomes a trend.but I will say Cote v Almeida was a huge let down. Almeida "I won the first round, now if I can only get a take down or two in one of the next two rounds, I'll win a decisions. That Patrick hits hard" Almeida was definately not ready for 3 2 rounds. I'm saying to my wife, "He's tired", while Joe is saying "Almeida looks real relaxed". Only to catch on in the replay of the 2nd round summary that "almeida was totally exhausted by this point". Yeah, I guess that's what "relaxing" can doKos is pretty much a bad ass. well at least I nailed that one. I need to rewatch the Forrest fight; but my thoughts were: He didn't clearly win any roundm really; but I would have scred it 47-47.
Kos did well and dominated the fight but I dont think it was that great of fight... I think there should have been a Ref timeout to check the cut a few times at least when they were laying in a 1 inch puddle of blood.. After all that bleeding the guy was drained and Kos took advantage anyone would have done that. Good fight compared to the rest of the card but not "badss" contention...
Kos did well and dominated the fight but I dont think it was that great of fight... I think there should have been a Ref timeout to check the cut a few times at least when they were laying in a 1 inch puddle of blood.. After all that bleeding the guy was drained and Kos took advantage anyone would have done that. Good fight compared to the rest of the card but not "badss" contention...
The skills he's acuiring along with the athletism already there, coupled with the fact Pierre couldn't finish him, and I'd put Kos in top 4 WW.edit to add... well, who knew http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templa...3&zoneid=15
The skills he's acuiring along with the athletism already there, coupled with the fact Pierre couldn't finish him, and I'd put Kos in top 4 WW.edit to add... well, who knew http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templa...3&zoneid=15
He may become a top 5 soon, but I think Pierre is a TOTAL different person now. We will see how it goes.. I think a rematch is coming soon maybe a fight or two.Edit: to Edit Post: WOW that is quick, but I think he will have a hard time with Fitch and Pierre now, it will be a while before he is ready to own the belt.
He may become a top 5 soon, but I think Pierre is a TOTAL different person now. We will see how it goes.. I think a rematch is coming soon maybe a fight or two.Edit: to Edit Post: WOW that is quick, but I think he will have a hard time with Fitch and Pierre now, it will be a while before he is ready to own the belt.
I'd suggest Kos has improved more than St Pierre since they met. He had more to learn.Also, some fighters get a mystical level of respect (Anderson Silva), and I think it's close than you think.But yeah, I don't see Kos beating Pierre more than 2/7 times if that at this time

what a weird showI had forrest winning only round 2, but even if that was so, I had jackson winning rds 1,3, 5 and at best rd 4 was a 10-10 rd, but I still had jackson winning it. Hell, both my friend and I had him winning itI'm also shocked at teh almeida decision. Cote did nothing while on top and ALmeida was using attack BJJkoscheck was an absolute beast and that was the best he looked in a long time. Seriously, popping open 3 nasty cuts in one fight is pretty scary

what a weird showI'm also shocked at teh almeida decision. Cote did nothing while on top and ALmeida was using attack BJJ
I saw back peddling BJJ for 2/3 rounds. I give Cote ring Control, aggression (if anyone could be given it), and more damge from strikes, to win Rnds 2 & 3.When joe said Forrest was definitly ahead and Goldie sorta disagreed, I said to the wife "yeah, I'm with Goldie, it's not clear for Rampage". I need to watch it again, that's all. Rampage had too many close rounds to hope to get 3 of them, and even then, it's a draw

Rampage's striking was explosive when he got off, but he was far less active than Forest throughout the fight, and Forest clearly controlled the pace and the octagon. Forest even controlled round 1 until Rampage got the knockdown. I thought it would be closer, and had it 2 rounds each after 4, though Forest may have had a 10-8 2nd, and the first may have been scored even on some cards.

I saw back peddling BJJ for 2/3 rounds. I give Cote ring Control, aggression (if anyone could be given it), and more damge from strikes, to win Rnds 2 & 3.When joe said Forrest was definitly ahead and Goldie sorta disagreed, I said to the wife "yeah, I'm with Goldie, it's not clear for Rampage". I need to watch it again, that's all. He had too many close rounds to hope to get 3 of them, and even then, it's a draw
cote didn't do much when in a dominant position. For me, that negates having that position while Almeida was attacking and going for the finish. its subjective, but cote didn't impressthe rampage/griffen fight was so close now watching on replay. Now looking at it, it looks like a draw to me, but outside of rd2, there was no clear winner in each round IMO. on watching the replay, both my friend and I were disucssing each round, and in the end I gave it a drawoverall, I'm cool with Forrest winning as it validates TUF and validates teh fighters and evelvates forrest
cote didn't do much when in a dominant position. For me, that negates having that position while Almeida was attacking and going for the finish. its subjective, but cote didn't impressthe rampage/griffen fight was so close now watching on replay. Now looking at it, it looks like a draw to me, but outside of rd2, there was no clear winner in each round IMO. on watching the replay, both my friend and I were disucssing each round, and in the end I gave it a drawoverall, I'm cool with Forrest winning as it validates TUF and validates teh fighters and evelvates forrest
I agree watching the replay it could have gone to a draw, but at least a split decision. I dont think either fighter won out right, I think that Rampages leg was a big factor and all the shots too it. I think if forrest did more to the leg in round 3 and 4 and not as much of the head kicks it would have been more clear, even if they were checked or weak at least it would have been damage. Rampage needed to move in all the times Forrest kicked through and did that slow ballet 360 and I think we would have had a different outcome. I wanted Forrest to win but was pretty much 50/50 go into the fight knowing it would have taken a KO or something like the leg strike or submission to win.Silva entering the 205 is going to toss it up. He is a total different fighter than the rest of the 205, and his next fight I think he will walk through like he did Chris Leben. It will be interesting to see what the rest of 08 and 09 has for line ups in the 205.

Regarding Silva at 205, my impression is it's a one time deal. Dana needed a big name to headline the July 19th PPV to try and take attention away from the Emilianenko-Silvia Affliction PPV, and Silva was one of the only guys he had available to ask, since the guy had no one left to fight in the immediate future, and he didn't get banged up in his last fight.The fight is at 205 against a guy who really has only a puncher's chance against Silva's level of competition, and it's simply so Silva doesn't have to kill himself making weight after an abreviated 4 and 1/2 week training camp. He walks around at 215-220 between fights.

So I just placed 50 on Serena and 50 on Federer. :ts If any of you want to make some good money I suggest Venus and Nadal.Unless I see something I really like at the weigh-ins tonight here are my bets for Sat30 on Almeida...at even though..he's -145 now...obv won't matter if he doesn't win20 on Gurgel20 on Aurelio10 on Buckholz....i'm 6'4", 200 and fairly thin/solid....6'4" and 155 is just stupid sick...Hill has got to lose sooner or later..hopefully soon5 on McCully...this is the only bet I made after reading Perfomify's column and agree with everything he said on this one. As everyone here just discussed, this is a time I think betting the underdog just because he is such a huge underdog is wise. I don't expect him to win this fight even 50% of the time, but +400 is just too big to pass up on this one. I am SOO confident I put 5 on it :club:.Obv like the betting dogs on this card.
yeah, ahhhh..OK...ouchI told all of you how much I suck at non-golf sports betting so you better have taken me up on the reverse bets. Almeida/Cote should have been a draw at worst and a decision for Almeida at best. Almeida clearly won round 1, Cote clearly won round 2, and round 3 was a draw at best. I'm sorry, but you can't give the round to Cote because he landed 3 leg kicks. Almeida was constantly landing the jab and got the takedown at the end of the round and iirc had the mount. He went for a sub and Cote fell into his guard. I just don't see how you can give that round to Cote in any possible way. 10-10 at best for Cote.Gurgel just plain got stupid. Twenty seconds left in a fight he was going to win and a BJJ BB gets caught in a triangle. Inexcusible.Aurelio just got completely dominated. Buchholz pulled it out..yeehawMcCully..meh..just overwhelmed.Joedaddy looked pretty good and I just can't believe someone as experienced as Tibau gets caught in a guillotine when you are not severely hurt. Koscheck looked really good and dominated a lot more than I thought he would.All 4 people I watched the fights with as well as myself did not think Forrest did enough to take the belt. We were all rooting for him, but just didn't think he did enough to dethrone a champ. Forrest def dominated round 2, but I am not even sure it was a 10-8 round. He really didn't do shit from the mount and a 10-8 round is a complete ass whooping. It was far short of that. Rampage said he would never take 9 months off again, but after the surgery he is going to need on that knee he might be forced to.
... did not think Forrest did enough to take the belt. We were all rooting for him, but just didn't think he did enough to dethrone a champ. Forrest def dominated round 2, but I am not even sure it was a 10-8 round. He really didn't do shit from the mount and a 10-8 round is a complete ass whooping. It was far short of that.
This is pretty much how I saw it. Before the fight I said to some friends that if it was close the judges would likely side with Forrest as oppossed to the champ b/c it was such a full circle thing for the company. I'm not saying there was anything shady at all as clearly Forrest was in it and many others think he won outright but often close calls like this seem to go to the champ.

I thought the Rampage/Forrest fight could have gone either way, but If I was to pick a side, it would be Rampage. I gave rounds 1 and 4 to Rampage, 2 and 5 to Forrest and Round 3 is a toss-up which I would give the slight edge to Rampage. I really didn't mind the Forrest getting the nod so much, but the scores were just terrible. Regardless, they'll probably fight again really soon, so it will hopefully get settled then.Almeida/Cote was just weird. Almeida looked great in the 1st round and it appeared as though he just gassed in the latter rounds. I felt it still should have been a draw. Round 3 was a wash for me since neither fighter did anything really. Cote landed 3 leg kicks and Almeida landed a couple punches and got a takedown. Still, that must have been the least amount of damage anyone has ever done to win a fight.Kos looked great, most damage I've ever seen him do on the ground. Most of that was strategy on his part and pinning Lytle on the fence not allowing him to move and scramble.Stevenson's got the sickest guillotine. His grip strength must be rediculous, finishing Tibau in a guillotine with the arm in is surprising.Tyson still can't finish anyone and he wasn't really trying to either. Aurelio just doesn't have good striking or takedowns and doesn't have very good athleticism either. He had a real nice guard, but Griffin was being smart and being very passive when he did get in his guard and didn't allow himself to get caught in anything.Overall, it was one of the most boring cards ever, so hopefully the next one is much better.

Regarding Silva at 205, my impression is it's a one time deal. Dana needed a big name to headline the July 19th PPV to try and take attention away from the Emilianenko-Silvia Affliction PPV, and Silva was one of the only guys he had available to ask, since the guy had no one left to fight in the immediate future, and he didn't get banged up in his last fight.The fight is at 205 against a guy who really has only a puncher's chance against Silva's level of competition, and it's simply so Silva doesn't have to kill himself making weight after an abreviated 4 and 1/2 week training camp. He walks around at 215-220 between fights.
Both Dana and Anderson have stated that he is going for the 205 belt and Dana has changed his mind and going to allow for the first time a fighter contend in 2 weight classes at the same time. Looks like its more that a 1 time deal.White indicated that the UFC middleweight champion’s arrival at 205 isn’t a one-trick pony. He feels that Silva wants to continue defending his current belt, while working to capture light heavyweight gold at the same time. And for the first time in the promotion’s history, he’s okay with that. Never before has a UFC champion been allowed to chase another belt in another weight class. “He wants to hold both the 185 and the 205 pound belt and he wants to defend them both. Normally I won't let guys do stuff like that because it's just… stupid. I'll let Anderson Silva do it,” White told MMAWeekly.com.
I dunno. Forrest won 2nd 10-8, and the 5th 10-9. I thought 1 went to Rampage 10-9. I thought 3 and 4 were too close to call and could go either way. Apparently the judges split those rounds between them The scores seemed about right to me, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it ended up a draw.
I just can't see how Forrest won the 2nd round 10-8. He hurt Rampage's leg, got a takedown, got mount but didn't do any damage. Rampage was covering up and Forrest was just throwing pitter patter shots to score points. I think you should have to do a ton of damage and almost finish him in order to get a 10-8 round.