**official Mma Thread**

this one doesn't hold that much weight because Lesnar was a NCAA HW champ in wrestling and I can garuntee you that if Cael Sanderson decided to fight at 185 that he would probably be pushed right to the top of the division real fast too because of his pedigree. Kimbo doesn't have that pedigree
I tottally understand that. My point was that people do have the right to criticise Kimbos competition for the amount of hype he gets.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Shoving the ref. I wanted to puke when he did that TWICE in the Tank fight, like he doesn't have to listen to no ref.
I'm with you on this
These guys, esp Tank, were all hyped up to be 100x what they really are.
I tottally understand that. My point was that people do have the right to criticise Kimbos competition for the amount of hype he gets.
But who are you criticizing?Promoters are promoting.Kimbo is fighting people.Who's in the wrong?If they are over hyped and selling fights, that means promoters are doing their job, yes?

I'm not a huge Liddel fan and he came out criticizing Kimbo as well. It's just jealousy. Is it Kimbo's fault that someone is paying him 6 figures to fight less than stellar competition? No. Would any fighter take the same deal? Yes.Kimbo has been training very hard with Bas Rutten. The guy is trying to do the right things to become a great fighter. I laugh at all these faggoty MMA purists criticizing him for doing all the same things their little heroes would do, or even what they would do in their own life. Just irritates the shit out of me. I would take triple my salary to do less work any day of the week. I don't need to earn my stripes. Fuck the stripes, gimme the money.As far as pushing the ref, sure, he was outta line, but don't ask these guys to be animals with pure agression one minute, then have absolute control when the ref says boo. Again, most fighters manage it, but that comes with cage experience.Also, plenty of these fighters with over 20 fights fought plenty of tomato cans when they were coming up. And again, every one of em woulda takes a 6 figure pay day to do it. So get off your high fucking horse. Sorry, I get fired up over hypocritical bullshit. Sports fans are notorious for that. Asking athletes "Where's your loyalty?" Eff loyalty, pay me my money. (to a degree, I mean 38 million and 40 million is the same thing)

You for saying that your tired of people critcising his competition
go on..**********Well said Ron.Colin Cowherd ? anyway, always says rabid fans care more about their teams than the palyers do. It's a job for them.
I'm not a huge Liddel fan and he came out criticizing Kimbo as well. It's just jealousy. Is it Kimbo's fault that someone is paying him 6 figures to fight less than stellar competition? No. Would any fighter take the same deal? Yes.Kimbo has been training very hard with Bas Rutten. The guy is trying to do the right things to become a great fighter. I laugh at all these faggoty MMA purists criticizing him for doing all the same things their little heroes would do, or even what they would do in their own life. Just irritates the shit out of me. I would take triple my salary to do less work any day of the week. I don't need to earn my stripes. Fuck the stripes, gimme the money.As far as pushing the ref, sure, he was outta line, but don't ask these guys to be animals with pure agression one minute, then have absolute control when the ref says boo. Again, most fighters manage it, but that comes with cage experience.Also, plenty of these fighters with over 20 fights fought plenty of tomato cans when they were coming up. And again, every one of em woulda takes a 6 figure pay day to do it. So get off your high fucking horse. Sorry, I get fired up over hypocritical bullshit. Sports fans are notorious for that. Asking athletes "Where's your loyalty?" Eff loyalty, pay me my money. (to a degree, I mean 38 million and 40 million is the same thing)
Totally agreed. I think most if it, like I've said, is jealousy, which is to be expected.

Can someone help me out with this. A guy I nknow says he will give me 8-1 if I take Bocek and Serra in a parlay. Both are in the +350 range so it sounds like a good deal to me. Am I missing something?

Can someone help me out with this. A guy I nknow says he will give me 8-1 if I take Bocek and Serra in a parlay. Both are in the +350 range so it sounds like a good deal to me. Am I missing something?
If I just did this right, the site I just checked had this at +2150.
Horrible.Two 350:100 is equal to 1925. Not 800.To convert the 350., to percent, take 100 / (100+350) = 0.222Now to win both, take 0.222 * 0.222 = 0.049383Convert that back to Odds and you get 100 pays 1925
Is it Kimbo's fault that someone is paying him 6 figures to fight less than stellar competition? No. Would any fighter take the same deal? Yes.
It's not the opportunity that is Kimbo's fault, it is his attitude. The image he portrays. Like it or not, he has the sport in his hands. And yet, he comes out to TV shows and is this big hard ass thug that gives one word answers. Fine, whatever, it's him, ok. Then what is to blame of him? His attitude inside the cage. His shoving of refs and blatant disrespect for their instructions is something that people see when they watch the man carrying the sport. They see these actions, and it reverts their thoughts of MMA right back to UFC 1.
Kimbo has been training very hard with Bas Rutten. The guy is trying to do the right things to become a great fighter.
There's a TON of questioning to that. Bas has been filming two movies, how much training is he doing with Kimbo. He also does MMA show on HDNet once a week. Plus, Bas was a stand up fighter, that's fine. But what was Bas's downfall? He didn't have an effective ground game. That's what Kimbo needs.
I laugh at all these faggoty MMA purists criticizing him for doing all the same things their little heroes would do, or even what they would do in their own life. Just irritates the shit out of me. I would take triple my salary to do less work any day of the week. I don't need to earn my stripes. Fuck the stripes, gimme the money.
See above. Kimbo's problem isn't taking the money.
As far as pushing the ref, sure, he was outta line, but don't ask these guys to be animals with pure agression one minute, then have absolute control when the ref says boo. Again, most fighters manage it, but that comes with cage experience.
There's the problem, IMO. Fighting isn't straight try to kill the other guy, there is real art in it. You have to be able to control it. Say a fighter leaves a hold on too long and kills a guy, that excuse just isn't viable, fighters have got to control their emotions. And it may very well come with experience, but with the whole image Kimbo portrays, I just believe that is his personality and attitude.

nevermind, he'll take offense. i'll ask a question instead.how the HELL do you get herpes on your neck?

I get why you think that, but it's wrong. I said I hate the 'thug' image he portrays. You associated that with him being black.
Boy, you really turned that around on me. You just blew my mind. Maybe I'm racist. Nice work. Carry on

I already described that the image that he puts off is what I don't like about him, shoving refs and such. I don't really know how I ever mentioned how that has to be racist, you just threw that out there as if it were some assumption, so looks like you've done the nice work here.Anyway, who do you guys see being next in line for Anderson?

I already described that the image that he puts off is what I don't like about him, shoving refs and such. I don't really know how I ever mentioned how that has to be racist, you just threw that out there as if it were some assumption, so looks like you've done the nice work here.Anyway, who do you guys see being next in line for Anderson?
Probally Okami(who he will destroy). Wanderlei is supposed to be on his way down to 185 but will probally fight Dan Henderson first. Bisbing maybe if he impresses on Saturday. Anderson looks like his frame could easily add 20 pounds and he should be at 205 dominating imo.
There's a TON of questioning to that. Bas has been filming two movies, how much training is he doing with Kimbo. He also does MMA show on HDNet once a week. Plus, Bas was a stand up fighter, that's fine. But what was Bas's downfall? He didn't have an effective ground game. That's what Kimbo needs.
this is patenly false. Bas has an excellent ground game. There was no way anyone became a King of Pancrase at the time that Bas was KOP w/o having a top notch ground game. The rules then were heavily favored to grapplers as one of Bas' best weapons(his fists) weren't allowed because you couldn't do closed fist strikes
this is patenly false. Bas has an excellent ground game. There was no way anyone became a King of Pancrase at the time that Bas was KOP w/o having a top notch ground game. The rules then were heavily favored to grapplers as one of Bas' best weapons(his fists) weren't allowed because you couldn't do closed fist strikes
Point taken, I guess I was wrong there. All I remembered about Bas was early Pancrase with the Shams. Plus I mean I guess all they work with Kimbo in training is ground, but just working six hard months shouldn't have anything close to a BJJ stud.
Point taken, I guess I was wrong there. All I remembered about Bas was early Pancrase with the Shams. Plus I mean I guess all they work with Kimbo in training is ground, but just working six hard months shouldn't have anything close to a BJJ stud.
you don't have to be a BJJ stud in MMA to be competetive. What Kimbo has to do is be able to get good enough at the ground game to be able to stuff takedowns and have adequete submission defense to utilize his fists properly. It took CroCop about a year to develop excellent takedown defense to where he was able to consistently stuff Kazayuki Fujita's takedown ability, and Fujita was an All-Japan wrestling champion in collegejust go back to the Pre-Closed fist Pancrase and watch the tapes. In Fact, Bas' striking ability is what set him apart from the other guys, and Bas was able to compete with Masa Funaki in some ground battles, and Funaki was well ahead of his time as far as submission ability went. I'd personally go as far as saying that in the professional fight game since the early 90s, Funaki is probably the greatest Japanese submission artist. I still will never get over how he put a sick triangle on Guy Mezger in a fight when Mezger just leaned slightly forward in Funaki's guard
you don't have to be a BJJ stud in MMA to be competetive. What Kimbo has to do is be able to get good enough at the ground game to be able to stuff takedowns and have adequete submission defense to utilize his fists properly. It took CroCop about a year to develop excellent takedown defense to where he was able to consistently stuff Kazayuki Fujita's takedown ability, and Fujita was an All-Japan wrestling champion in college
Yeah Fujita is a stud, but I think Kimbo really needs to use Marc Laimon's strat of just getting back up. He's pretty strong, and if he can just get back up or stay alive until the next round he should be ok rather than needing to finish people.

stumbled across this on youtube, a "flying scissor heel hook" executed against none other than Anderson Silva back in his Pride days, man this is an unreal submission -- worth watching, only 1:34 long