**official Mma Thread**

U are so baller!!!btw....what fight is that in your sig?
Pete Sell, Scott Smith. One of the most exciting endings ever.
James Irvin +170 Houston -200 <---- I think?
I think this one could be a good Irvin bet imo. Even after all of his fights now, I'm still not sold on Alexander. Both are strikers, so it will be fun to watch nonetheless.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Pete Sell, Scott Smith. One of the most exciting endings ever.I think this one could be a good Irvin bet imo. Even after all of his fights now, I'm still not sold on Alexander. Both are strikers, so it will be fun to watch nonetheless.
I am interested in Irvin too. I checked out a HL video and the guy can definitely bang, he has a decent clinch and heavy hands. He seems to have some very explosive takedowns (I saw him taking different guys down with doubles and singles). He has a couple of submission victories according to sherdog, one of which is a very nice transition from mount to an armbar that I saw in the video. I think if Irvin takes the worst of it standing, he can shoot on Alexander and take him down. I don't really think Alexander would be able to stop Irvin from advancing to the mount, a la Thiago Silva fight.Edit: I just read in an interview Irvin intends to keep it on the feet.

Pellegrino at +250 is awesome. His fight with Joe Daddy was very back and forth and close. He showed some awesome transitions and did pretty well in the fight. I think he wins this fight, because he can control where this fight goes. His wrestling is way better than Nate's and his boxing I feel is better as well. On the ground, it's going to be hard to submit Pellegrino unless he hurts him first. It's pretty difficult to submit any black belt without dazing them first.Those fights like Manny and Aurelio are tune-up fights basically. They're on the undercard, so whether they're competitive or not is probably not all that important.You might be right on the Din fight actually, I would avoid that fight as well because I'm not sure how Din's knee is coming off surgery. Neer at +240 is a good bet for sure.Most of those lines are really off to me, so you get lots of value betting pretty much every one of those fights you bolded, other than maybe the Irvin/Alexander fight.

I think this one could be a good Irvin bet imo. Even after all of his fights now, I'm still not sold on Alexander. Both are strikers, so it will be fun to watch nonetheless.
I am interested in Irvin too.
you have chosen... wisely.I had no idea this fight night was going to be this stacked. jesus, I was hoping to get a workout in before the main event but there isn't any on the card I'm willing to miss. damn it. and why the hell is clay guida on the "may not be broadcast" of an ultimate fight night? dudes one of my favorite fighters and I thought he won last time he fought. no?
you have chosen... wisely.I had no idea this fight night was going to be this stacked. jesus, I was hoping to get a workout in before the main event but there isn't any on the card I'm willing to miss. damn it. and why the hell is clay guida on the "may not be broadcast" of an ultimate fight night? dudes one of my favorite fighters and I thought he won last time he fought. no?
Huerta beat Guida late in his last fight in a fight that was going Guida's way. The next few UFC cards have stacked top to bottom cards. thats the advantage they have on there competition. Some of those guys on elitexc' last undercard dont belong on tv. what a performance by Diaz/
Huerta beat Guida late in his last fight in a fight that was going Guida's way. The next few UFC cards have stacked top to bottom cards. thats the advantage they have on there competition. Some of those guys on elitexc' last undercard dont belong on tv. what a performance by Diaz/
oh yeah i remember that. I'd still rather watch guida fight than half the other guys they have all the time.also, I love how it always seems that the free fights end up being more entertaining than the pay per view ones.

wtf is up with Steve Mazzagatti? Hes made some super questionable decisions lately : 1)Deducting a point in the Lesnar fight 2)Tonights Alexander fight (though imo it was justified) 3) Then just now in the Thiago/Karo fight... I think calling that fight was definitely premature.obv pulling a Tim Donaghy

wtf is up with Steve Mazzagatti? Hes made some super questionable decisions lately : 1)Deducting a point in the Lesnar fight 2)Tonights Alexander fight (though imo it was justified) 3) Then just now in the Thiago/Karo fight... I think calling that fight was definitely premature.obv pulling a Tim Donaghy
He has always been a shitty referee in my opinion...
alvesparisyan.gifI'm undecided on it. It was a brutal knee that should've put Karo away. Maybe it didn't catch him flush on the chin or something, but he did eat 3 extra punches, I remember the last one being square on the chin too. Karo was up fast as hell and didn't seem remotely stunned.
I disagree. I watched the replays and rewound them myself as well, and in both of those stoppages, the fighters dropped from the initial blow then went limp for a second when on the ground. How many fights can you think of where I fighter came back from something like that? Probably not a lot. Sure, they recovered when the guy was pulled off of them. It's a lot easier to argue with a ref and throw your hands in the air to the crowd with double vision and a light head than it is to dodge a flurry of bombs. They are trying to make this sport mainstream and take it out of the dark ages, and limp, unconscious fighters taking fists to the head won't allow them to do it.Basically, my long winded, new to MMA opinion, I think they were good stoppages. Very close, but the right thing to do.
wow, I hope tommy speer can regain the ability to talk and read again
You think he had it in the first place?

Certainly Mazzagatti called the Alexander fight right. He was as conscious as Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage. These guys are fools for pretending they could still go.As for Karo, he did fold like a lawn chair. From the reverse angle (the angle the ref had), it looked awful. The punches on the ground weren't really connecting, but like Ron Mexico said, what were his chances there? He could have easily just mounted him there and killed him. It was done. Karo is an idiot though. He's a great fighter, but an absolute classless human being.

You think he had it in the first place?
Damn you stealing my joke.His pre fight interviews seems to support your allegation.Also, I think Houston was in some serious denial. Give Sandman his props.Note the fans didn't boo the Kyro stoppage. He's gets too many D's. I saw that one as much more controversial. Kayro is inline to get a title shot soon and he's a vet. Steve has to take that into consideration. I've rewound it and really only thought the knee and first punch connected. Alves was smart to keep the flurry up though. Had it not been stopped, he was at risk of gassing. But then Kayro and that gut may have only been able to hold him down for the victory.I made a small amount, again.Took Thiago, Anthony Johnson - Wow!, Kennylost Pelligrino, Boetch (Hamill looked good to me. I'm late on that train. altitude killed the fatter man though), Alexander, Edgar, CoxNate's fight was a throw back to Gracie for me.Seems Nate vs Kenny would have been the proper matchup, given Nates accomplishments on the show. Kenny was a big step for Lauzon, imo.Anyone see why Lauzon did not finish the heel hooks?
I disagree. I watched the replays and rewound them myself as well, and in both of those stoppages, the fighters dropped from the initial blow then went limp for a second when on the ground. How many fights can you think of where I fighter came back from something like that? Probably not a lot. Sure, they recovered when the guy was pulled off of them. It's a lot easier to argue with a ref and throw your hands in the air to the crowd with double vision and a light head than it is to dodge a flurry of bombs. They are trying to make this sport mainstream and take it out of the dark ages, and limp, unconscious fighters taking fists to the head won't allow them to do it.Basically, my long winded, new to MMA opinion, I think they were good stoppages. Very close, but the right thing to do.You think he had it in the first place?
I think just about anyone would agree with the alexander stoppage. The Parisyan one was way to quick though. Mazzegatti is always quick to stop. Just look to the Diaz fight where Pelligrino had him pinned down and got several uncontested shots in but Diaz was still not out then came back and won the fight. Its the diffrence between good and poor referrees. I think every fighter in a match where wins and losses means so much would rather the ref really assess the damage and maybe take an extra shot or 2 then have one who is quick on the draw. One thing to look for is if the fighters arms are still deffending. Karos arms were still up, Alexanders were at his side.
Anyone see why Lauzon did not finish the heel hooks?
heel hooks are REALLY hard to finish with obv. for a number of reasons. some people just won't tap to em. the position (your arm in relation to the foot and often times your body in relation to theirs) has to be perfect, as opposed to an arm bar or knee bar. and you're obviously exposing your legs. the first one looked like kenny had enough room to turn into it. he had the right position in the second one but it looked like his arm slipped up over the heel. at least that's what i thought happened to each of them.my question: did anyone else think diaz's triangle was too shallow? it looked to me like it was halfway up KP's head and that his arm was in his cheek. i was surprised when he tapped.

fuuuuuuuck.....so I just finished watching this. Here's my story.I got to the Venetian like at 4:30, my intentions were to get there earlier but I guess it worked out. By the time I got to the book, I was ready to bet $540 on Guida $500 on Pellegrino, $100 on Gray, $100 on Boetsch, $200 on Johnson and $200 on Lauzon.Unfortunately when I got there they were unaware that the fights started at 4 pm pacific so they canceled the betting because they weren't aware that the fights weren't airing or something, it pissed me off. Anyway I only got to make a $200 bet on Joe Lauzon who I now know lost. So sick he had the first round for sure, and I think he protected himself insanely well while mounted, I don't think the stoppage was legit considering hardly any of the punches went through and he had shown that he was able to get away from the mount. Anyway that was that. I still think I would have lost some money on the card if I had bet the whole thing. I wasn't betting the Houston fight but I was surprised by Irvin, you guys were right and I was way off but my mistake was that I somehow forgot Irvin had that knee vs Terry Martin or whatever his name is, I thought he'd start out slow and get KO'd. I think the stoppage was legit there.As for the rest of the fights, I was right about diaz, he's just too crafty on the ground and he's real good on his back even if Pellegrino was winning I still think Nate was a fav. That said I think getting +250 on Pellegrino was HUGE value which is why I was gonna bet big on him. Matt Hammil is awesome I like the dude a lot, glad he won.Gray, there's no way he was a dog in this fight, evemoney at best, he's got some legit talent and trains with a sicko team.I don't know how guida did, anyone know?and Johnson looked SICK, like I said before he was HUGE value in this fight, Tommy Speer sucks imo.I'm just pissed Joe didn't win, I thought one of those heel hooks was gonna end it. Sigh.(watching TUF right now, can't wait for this season.)

CLAY GUIDA VS. SAMY SCHIAVOROUND 1 -- A slow start as the fighters access the situation. Guida is patient as Schiavo lets his hands fly and throws quick combinations. Guida waits for an opening and then scores the takedown. Guida then easily takes the mount position. While in the dominant position, Guida delivers short punches and elbows. The barrage continues with big left punches before the ref finally steps in to halt the fight. Clay Guida def. Samy Schiavo via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1, 4:15.(from mmaJUNKIE.com)

my question: did anyone else think diaz's triangle was too shallow? it looked to me like it was halfway up KP's head and that his arm was in his cheek. i was surprised when he tapped.
I thought it was deep as shit, but then again I probably don't know as much as you. I thought it was deep before he locked the foot in, and I think nate knew that as well otherwise he wouldn't have celebrated early. Which btw, was hilarious imo.
CLAY GUIDA VS. SAMY SCHIAVOROUND 1 -- A slow start as the fighters access the situation. Guida is patient as Schiavo lets his hands fly and throws quick combinations. Guida waits for an opening and then scores the takedown. Guida then easily takes the mount position. While in the dominant position, Guida delivers short punches and elbows. The barrage continues with big left punches before the ref finally steps in to halt the fight. Clay Guida def. Samy Schiavo via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1, 4:15.(from mmaJUNKIE.com)
Sigh, I knew at -270 this was the best bet ever. I wish I had 270k to bet on it.
fuuuuuuuck.....so I just finished watching this. Here's my story.I got to the Venetian like at 4:30, my intentions were to get there earlier but I guess it worked out. By the time I got to the book, I was ready to bet $540 on Guida $500 on Pellegrino, $100 on Gray, $100 on Boetsch, $200 on Johnson and $200 on Lauzon.Unfortunately when I got there they were unaware that the fights started at 4 pm pacific so they canceled the betting because they weren't aware that the fights weren't airing or something, it pissed me off. Anyway I only got to make a $200 bet on Joe Lauzon who I now know lost. So sick he had the first round for sure, and I think he protected himself insanely well while mounted, I don't think the stoppage was legit considering hardly any of the punches went through and he had shown that he was able to get away from the mount. Anyway that was that. I still think I would have lost some money on the card if I had bet the whole thing. I wasn't betting the Houston fight but I was surprised by Irvin, you guys were right and I was way off but my mistake was that I somehow forgot Irvin had that knee vs Terry Martin or whatever his name is, I thought he'd start out slow and get KO'd. I think the stoppage was legit there.As for the rest of the fights, I was right about diaz, he's just too crafty on the ground and he's real good on his back even if Pellegrino was winning I still think Nate was a fav. That said I think getting +250 on Pellegrino was HUGE value which is why I was gonna bet big on him. Matt Hammil is awesome I like the dude a lot, glad he won.Gray, there's no way he was a dog in this fight, evemoney at best, he's got some legit talent and trains with a sicko team.I don't know how guida did, anyone know?and Johnson looked SICK, like I said before he was HUGE value in this fight, Tommy Speer sucks imo.I'm just pissed Joe didn't win, I thought one of those heel hooks was gonna end it. Sigh.(watching TUF right now, can't wait for this season.)
Pellegrino was dominating Nate the entire fight, he just got very sloppy on that slam and left his head in too deep. I thought he had the fight won when he was pounding on Nate with his arm trapped in the 1st. Regardless, Nate's got a sick triangle and one of the best guards around.I think Boetsch just flat out gassed like a lotta fighters on the card tonight. That Denver air is certainly no joke and lots of fighters didn't look like themselves today.Edgar looked gassed out there as well and I was pretty surprised he wasn't pushing the pace out there. He still had some good transitions, but it looked like Gray was just too strong for him, which I think was the case. Gray looked huge in there compared to Edgar and that wasn't something I factored in so much before the fight, but it turned out to be huge.That Johnson KO was amazing. I knew he was going to light up Speer if he could stuff his takedowns, which he did easily. He's a very good athlete and quick with heavy hands. He's going to be a contender at 170 if he keeps getting better.I was real pissed that Joe lost as well. He definitely won that 1st Round and I think he just got tired out there, which is why he gave up the takedown without a sprawl even and got his guard passed. That stoppage sucked in my opinion, those were pitter patter shots that Florian was throwing and nothing was really landing. I can see why the fight was stopped, but I still don't agree with it. Joe didn't have a single mark on his face. I also don't get why they restarted the fight on the feet when Joe got the takedown in the 1st and got elbowed in the back of the head. I still can't stand Kenny, because he tried to make it seem like he beat Joe up, but that obviously wasn't the case. I'm also sick of his stupid elbows that he throws to cut fighters rather than hurt them. It was pretty unimpressive for Florian to have mount for a good 2 minutes and do absolutely no damage.The Karo stoppage was also bad. Karo had his hands up defending himself eventhough he did get rocked hard by that knee. They should have let that continue. I only like the stoppage when the fighter has their hands to the side and head rolled back, that wasn't the case here.

Some intersting fights tonight.The one thing that stands out his how many times Nate Diaz was getting hit in the face and the ref did nothing, whereas they stopped the Karo fight. Again, I'm biased here. I don't really like Karo. But I think he is tremendously talented, and I would like to see him fight top level competition. Obviously this loss will slow that process once again. Rampage on TUF was hillarious. Some of it was intentional obv. But the guy is just funny.