**official Mma Thread**

while I certainly see some good from this, it's not all good.Dana says...Pride will adopt the same rules, so no kicking a man when he's on ground, and there are other limitations Pride does not haveFor the most part, Pride will run separately, in a ring. And a "superowl" combining fighters will occur sometimes.Oh, and quit splitting the fighters and standing them up!It's like they want ji-jitsu and other grappling to go away.I know it's a balance and many fans prefer the striking.. screw the casual fan.. I want best fighter.And, man, I can't spend $900 a yr on this!.Gotta buy the next one, several decent fightsMaybe I'll pass on the England card
the rules thing is the only thing I can see here that is really a negative, too. and really, thats only a negative to current pride fans, but I do see the point in making universal rules. it would be too difficult to occasionally combine the two series and come up with common rules while doing so; this takes care of that.and REALLY, about that 900 bucks thing. why the hell can't they offer a season pass or something? if they're gonna run 2 damn cards a month, I really need some kind of discount. I'm gonna have to sell my car just to keep watching mma.but really though, this is spectacularly exciting.On another note: Liddell vs Rampage in UFC 71, 05/26/2007. I mean, we all knew it was gonna happen eventually, but does anybody think this is a wee bit too soon for Rampage to get a shot against Liddell? I mean 1 fight and he gets a title shot? Sure he's proved himself elsewhere, but damn. This just seems a little unfair to all the other light-heavyweight contenders out there that want a shot at getting beaten by Chuck. Oh well.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

but does anybody think this is a wee bit too soon for Rampage to get a shot against Liddell? I mean 1 fight and he gets a title shot? Sure he's proved himself elsewhere, but damn. This just seems a little unfair to all the other light-heavyweight contenders out there that want a shot at getting beaten by Chuck. Oh well.
Nah, we're cool with it.Sincerely,Brandon "The Truth" VeraandDiego "Nightmare" Sanchez

Wow, I'm really surprised at Rampage getting a shot this quickly. He looked average to a touch above average in his first fight. I'd have liked to see another bout or two (preferably against someone i've ever heard of - unlike his first match) before he got a chance at the belt.

Wow, I'm really surprised at Rampage getting a shot this quickly. He looked average to a touch above average in his first fight. I'd have liked to see another bout or two (preferably against someone i've ever heard of - unlike his first match) before he got a chance at the belt.
I am sure that Dana looked at it from the point of view that Rampage is the only active fighter left that has beaten Chuck in the past that Chuck did not avenge the loss. Its not like Rampage is a 20 yr old punk that just started fighting at this level.

Ultimate Fighter Marathon today on Spike for anybody sittin around with nothing to watch.

Ultimate Fighter Marathon today on Spike for anybody sittin around with nothing to watch.
I would've seen this but I was too busy watching the Ultimate Fighter marathon. question though, why do they only ever show season 3 and 4? they never show 1 and 2, and those are the ones I want to see the most. bollocks.looks like season 5, which is starting Thursday (girlish yelp of "yippie"), should be a good one, getting back to the newcomers. I'm pretty stoked about that.

All 16 fighters will be in the lightweight division. Which will either be sweet or pretty crappy. I'm not sure which yet.

All 16 fighters will be in the lightweight division. Which will either be sweet or pretty crappy. I'm not sure which yet.
really? I hadn't heard this yet. should be some scrappy little bitches in there. I think it'll end up being good.and who else is looking forward to the Sanchez/Koscheck fight more than any of the other ones? I think this is gonna be the fight of the evening.
Nah, we're cool with it.Sincerely,Brandon "The Truth" VeraandDiego "Nightmare" Sanchez
eh, vera screwed himself over by thinking that he was worth more then he is before having the chance to beat slyvia
eh, vera screwed himself over by thinking that he was worth more then he is before having the chance to beat slyvia
Contract dispute?Or was he pissed about not getting his shot, before Monson and then Randy?Hey, what's your take on the Pride purchase?my sense is it will have little impact on UFC initially; but make Pride less intense, due to rule changes

Looks like Nick Diaz's little brother is in UF5 as well, and he is a punk (as expected) and (almost?) gets in a fight in the house. But I agree the lightweights are gonna be some scrappy bitches! Sometimes I just don't like it as much though, flipping around on the ground like jumping beans and all. I prefer two people slugging it out, but I can definitely appreciate the Jiujitsu.http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/ultimatefighter5/

Looks like Nick Diaz's little brother is in UF5 as well, and he is a punk (as expected) and (almost?) gets in a fight in the house. But I agree the lightweights are gonna be some scrappy bitches! Sometimes I just don't like it as much though, flipping around on the ground like jumping beans and all. I prefer two people slugging it out, but I can definitely appreciate the Jiujitsu.http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/ultimatefighter5/
that casting video was hilarious. and yeah, I like the striking too, but eh, they can't all be light heavyweights. this season will be a good change I think. Different without being stupid like last season. I mean really, last season was just silly.
Contract dispute?Or was he pissed about not getting his shot, before Monson and then Randy?Hey, what's your take on the Pride purchase?my sense is it will have little impact on UFC initially; but make Pride less intense, due to rule changes
contract dispute, as in Vera thought he was worth more then he was considering he wasn't all that proven and was asking in the realm of 40K+40K per fight w/o the HW titleI think the PRIDE purchase is great for UFC, it was also inevitable too. It was really just a matter of whether Calvin Ayre would buy it or the Fertittas. UFC will be able to create a lot of new matchups and they now have a ton of talent at their disposal. I'd love to see nogueria make his way to the UFC. One guy that will be interesting is Josh Barnett. Him and UFC split under not so good circumstances back in 02/03

Ok I've got a question. What the hell is Josh Koscheck? Is he black? white? mixed? friggen filipino? I can't figure it out. He's one weird looking dude.

Ok I've got a question. What the hell is Josh Koscheck? Is he black? white? mixed? friggen filipino? I can't figure it out. He's one weird looking dude.
i think he's a halfie
it's free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11, Bitch
whaaaaa????? how is it free? really?and my little comment on the new season of TUF... whats with all the Jens Pulver hate? I really like the guy, but it seems like none of the fighters do, and even the poll thing they had during the show showed 80% would rather be on BJ Penn's team...? What the hell? Little Evil's awesome, and BJ's a tool in my opinion. I can't be the only one, can I? Whatever.Free?
whaaaaa????? how is it free? really?and my little comment on the new season of TUF... whats with all the Jens Pulver hate? I really like the guy, but it seems like none of the fighters do, and even the poll thing they had during the show showed 80% would rather be on BJ Penn's team...? What the hell? Little Evil's awesome, and BJ's a tool in my opinion. I can't be the only one, can I? Whatever.Free?
According to the advertisements nowIf you have Spike TV and live in Ameirca (and maybe some other countries - but country seemed to matter)BJ just has mad skills.What a jerk though "Raise your hand if you want nothing to do with Jens..."**********Tonight:I predict Koschkek upset. Decision or Stoppage from GnP, when Diego won't tap.I think Diego wins at least 7/10 times;; but not tonight.GSP in 2nd round tko.

Here's hoping that there's a friendly fcp'er who will be able to post updates on the UFC card tonight for those of us who are stuck working on what is one of the biggest sports nights I can remember for a very long time.

According to the advertisements nowIf you have Spike TV and live in Ameirca (and maybe some other countries - but country seemed to matter)BJ just has mad skills.What a jerk though "Raise your hand if you want nothing to do with Jens..."**********Tonight:I predict Koschkek upset. Decision or Stoppage from GnP, when Diego won't tap.I think Diego wins at least 7/10 times;; but not tonight.GSP in 2nd round tko.
yep, that just solidified my distaste of BJ Penn. He just seems like an ass.I'm going with Koscheck too. He's been on fire in his last couple of fights and I think he can really give Diego a run for his money. Either way, it should be an awesome fight.you think Serra's gonna make it to round 2? I think thats veeeery generous.and I'll try to post some updates, but usually by the 2nd fight I'm plastered beyond control, so I can't make any promises.

I'm back in Indpls visiting my wonderful wife; so I won't be interrupting to post updates...darn COMCAST DVR... every time I have to call up there because the order didn't go thru.It's recording; but there's no picture..says "Your Order was not Completed"I think Serra will be about knocked out in the 1st round but it'll be Mazzagati and he won't notice it. :club:

oh shit, I forgot. Um, Kendal Grove won, Swick lost (to a Jap), and Koshcheck and whats his name are getting ready to fight. Some filler fight on now. Not interesting.

oh shit, I forgot. Um, Kendal Grove won, Swick lost (to a Jap), and Koshcheck and whats his name are getting ready to fight. Some filler fight on now. Not interesting.
Thanks SZ, keep em comin

Josh Koscheck vs. Diego Sanchez: worst fight of the night. DISAPPOINTMENT. Koscheck wins by numbers. Diego was scared and wouldn't even try to go in for strikes. He deserves 3 loses for this piece of shit he wants to call a fight. Biggest letdown I've seen in UFC history.