• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt like it at first either. But now its one of my all-time favorite shows.
So when does it get good? I've watched a couple more and it's just way too cartoonish for me. Shawn almost constantly reminds me of Zach Braff, in a bad way.
So when does it get good? I've watched a couple more and it's just way too cartoonish for me. Shawn almost constantly reminds me of Zach Braff, in a bad way.
it gets good when you get a sense of humor.
It's definitely cartoonish, it's a silly show. You either like it for that or you...stop watching after a few more episodes.
  • 3 weeks later...

Some people may not know the new season started last night, so I'll spoiler this.

Pretty good episode, but it's great that they're finally together...I think another season of "will they won't they" would've killed the show. I'm sure they'll get some pretty good mileage out of them dating.

Some people may not know the new season started last night, so I'll spoiler this.

Pretty good episode, but it's great that they're finally together...I think another season of "will they won't they" would've killed the show. I'm sure they'll get some pretty good mileage out of them dating.

was thinking the same thing. i dont think i could have taken shawn messing it up again. he is way to smart and good with the ladies to blow it time and time again. overall i liked the episode. i laughed (out loud) a few times and i chuckled a few more. but at this point, i'd never stop watching.
I'm with you guys about the Shawn and Jules thing. What killed this episode for me is that I find the Canadians annoying and unfunny. But yeah, still a fun opening episode.
Yeah, they definitely could've done a much better job with the canuck casting. I am, however, a big fan of the dread pirate roberts.
  • 4 weeks later...

I feel like the last episode would have been much better if I had ever watched Twin Peaks. Pretty sure this week's police academy episode will be amazing.

I feel like the last episode would have been much better if I had ever watched Twin Peaks.
i had the same thought. but i still liked it. same with the police academy episode. the show is a little stale, but still entertaining. i dont have high expectations though. so taht helps.
  • 2 weeks later...

I kinda wish they would've killed Gus, just for the spontaneity. Or that the syringe wasn't designed to kill him right away and they got him to the hospital in time so Gus got to experience watching him die without actually killing him. I hated the fact that when shawn said "don't we deserve a long-winded explanation" he just gave it to him.

As it played out....eh. Mildly entertaining finale, I guess. Unless this episode was a pop culture reference that went over my head. I don't get what Lassie was doing at the end.

you wish they'd killed gus? are you fucking insane? gus cant die.
Just SOMETHING. I was all psyched up (no pun intended) for the scene, and then Shawn said "Don't I deserve some long-winded explanation." THEN the man in control, who was 2 steps ahead of them the whole time, GIVES them a long-winded explanation. I hate that!With time to think though, I much prefer fake-killing gus so that Shawn thinks he's dead until they go to the hospital.

well yeah. but i've come to grips with the writers limitations. 80's references and sexy female killer = script. sometimes i think they might be poking fun at themselves and their lack of original plot ideas.

Decent episode...I really hope that Mira Sorvino (was that her?) doesn't turn into another recurring character. The Yin/Yang thing is way played out by now.

Just SOMETHING. I was all psyched up (no pun intended) for the scene, and then Shawn said "Don't I deserve some long-winded explanation." THEN the man in control, who was 2 steps ahead of them the whole time, GIVES them a long-winded explanation. I hate that!
I mean...that was the joke.
  • 1 year later...
it seems unlikely. unless he just wants to leave the show.
They would have found a way to leave it open for his return. Plus, again, the tone of the show wouldn't really be helped by having a dead main character hanging over it.
Plus, again, the tone of the show wouldn't really be helped by having a dead main character hanging over it.
yeah thats right. unless the show is going in a whole new direction, he will live.
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...