is it possible to be just plain and simple running cold? i mean, if u have lucky streaks, u have to have down streaks right? im just trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my game right now. usually have a pretty steady increase of profits with no problem, but past 3 or 4 days NOTHING loose 4 win 1 break even, loose 4 win one. loose 6 and call it a night... just dont see how my play can go from + $500 a week to going negative.

is it possible to be just plain and simple running cold? i mean, if u have lucky streaks, u have to have down streaks right? im just trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my game right now. usually have a pretty steady increase of profits with no problem, but past 3 or 4 days NOTHING loose 4 win 1 break even, loose 4 win one. loose 6 and call it a night... just dont see how my play can go from + $500 a week to going negative.
If you are a good poker player you will never lose.

Yes it is possible to run real cold. Yes there is likely something wrong with your game.Yes you may be playing worse because you are getting frustrated.There are a million variables regarding why you may be winning 1 day and losing another. Generally we call this varience and try to limit and play through it. It is a combination of alot of factors, including but not exclusive to, what the deck is doing to you.

When the weight of the world has got you down,And you want to end your lifeBills to pay, a dead end job,And problems with the wifeWell don't throw in the towelCause there's a place right down the blockWhere you can drink your miseries awayAt flaaame-iiing Moe's (Let's all go to flaming Moe's) Where liquor in a mug will warm you like a hugAnd happiness is just a flaming Moe awayHappiness is just a flaming Moe away

Do we have some sort of quota in this forum for ppl to post about down streaks, and wondering if they are real or not? Every day we get a couple new threads about this, then they get flamed and are eventually drowned out by a new thread that says the same damn thing.If you lose race after race or get hit by a 3 or 4 outer more than 80% of the time, YES YOU ARE RUNNING COLD...if you dont realize that this is a part of poker then why are you putting money up just to get upset when you lose it?It happens, to even the best players in the world...all the time! Thats why poker is at least loosely categorized as a type of gambling...theres not many things foolproof in this world other than Belgian beer and hookers.

If you play poker long enough you will have some pretty huge down-streaks. Even top players go through streaks where they lose a good chunk. The worst of the down-streaks happen when bad leaks you are not aware of are made worse by bad luck. When you are going on a bad run it is always better to assume there is something you can improve on before you blame it on bad luck.
is it possible to be just plain and simple running cold? i mean, if u have lucky streaks, u have to have down streaks right?
yes.
im just trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my game right now.
i guarantee you there is.
usually have a pretty steady increase of profits with no problem,
you were running good.
past 3 or 4 days NOTHING loose 4 win 1 break even, loose 4 win one. loose 6 and call it a night... just dont see how my play can go from + $500 a week to going negative.
varaince. if you don't have the stoumach for it, its time to take up connect four. 20% of the people here have been running worse than you are currently running for twice as long. suck it up. goodluck.