Qq Utg Wtf Ugh

100 + 10 home game. 10k to start. 2nd level blinds at 50-100. I've been playing squeaky tight, I didn't play a hand for the entire first level and raised pf once with ak and folded to a pf reraise. I have about 8.5k and villain has about 18k after being on the better end of some sick coolers.I raise utg to 400 w/ QhQd.. Get 3 callers and villain in bb raises to 1400.I repop it to 3500 and the limpers fold .. villain gives me the once over and flat calls. Flop 10 8 5 rainbowVillain checks , I bet 1500 , Son of a ***** raises all in and I puke. Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated as is Copernicus' avatar.

Hmmm...You're playing squeaky tight, villain repops 3.5x the initial 4xBB raise, flat calls your re-re-raise while giving you the once over? Absolutely everything says AA. He may be acting, but do you want to find out? Overplaying QQ is a huge mistake here. Your flop bets, after his check, is super weak and you should be punished for it. Folding is your punishment.You really should have checked for a free card and hand the action back to him, while giving HIM the once over. Heck, maybe you spike a Q on the turn, in which case you can check if he checks, or repop him if he bets.

What's your read on villain's play? Is he observant enough to know how tight you've been playing? If he is that observant, I don't think he'd re-raise here out of the BB without AA/KK/QQ/JJ maybe AK but it depends on your reads. I'd just call his re-raise PF because while it sucks to possibly let some of the others behind you into the pot, it sucks worse when you isolate yourself against a better hand than yours.Once this same flop comes down, BB will have the lead and probably bet something, you have to be very observant with how he acts on the flop to try and figure out if your overpair of queens is good here to raise or not.

Avatar Is Us!The hand is all read, of course. The critical questions are whether he could be bullying with his big stack, and whether AK is in his range. JJ+AK (22) >55+88+ TT+KK+AA (21) If either answer is yes then you go broke with that flop.

Hmmm...You're playing squeaky tight, villain repops 3.5x the initial 4xBB raise, flat calls your re-re-raise while giving you the once over? Absolutely everything says AA. He may be acting, but do you want to find out? Overplaying QQ is a huge mistake here. Your flop bets, after his check, is super weak and you should be punished for it. Folding is your punishment.You really should have checked for a free card and hand the action back to him, while giving HIM the once over. Heck, maybe you spike a Q on the turn, in which case you can check if he checks, or repop him if he bets.
I still puke if I check the pot and he fires at a turn blanket.
I still puke if I check the pot and he fires at a turn blanket.
Agreed, but if you don't check for the freebie, what kind of a bet will you make? I guess it's cheaper to lose 1500 on a flop probe than making a "real" bet, but it's very weak to bet 1500 (into an 8K+ pot?) and, if I was the villain, I'd take it as an invitation to push. As unfortunate as it seems, I think QQ is beaten here, regardless of flop texture.
Agreed, but if you don't check for the freebie, what kind of a bet will you make? I guess it's cheaper to lose 1500 on a flop probe than making a "real" bet, but it's very weak to bet 1500 (into an 8K+ pot?) and, if I was the villain, I'd take it as an invitation to push. As unfortunate as it seems, I think QQ is beaten here, regardless of flop texture.
What should I bet here if I have AA?
If my math is right, there's 12,800 in the pot after he puts us all-in, and we have 3.5k left. Even if his range is TT+, we're still 33% to win the hand on that flop, I think we have to call.
I have 4.5 after the flop bet with blinds at 50/100 for another 15mins. and then 75/100... really slow structure.
Avatar Is Us!The hand is all read, of course. The critical questions are whether he could be bullying with his big stack, and whether AK is in his range. JJ+AK (22) >55+88+ TT+KK+AA (21) If either answer is yes then you go broke with that flop.
What do you think of my pf rr?
I have 4.5 after the flop bet with blinds at 50/100 for another 15mins. and then 75/100... really slow structure.
You said you had 8.5k pf, bet 3500 and then another 1500 on the turn. 8.5k-5k = 3.5k. And 15 min levels live is a VERY fast structure.
too small to do what?
You're laying 6-1 odds for villain to call. You're not getting villain to fold any hands here, especially with 2 cards to come.
You're laying 6-1 odds for villain to call. You're not getting villain to fold any hands here, especially with 2 cards to come.
It's invitational and/or a show of weakness
too small to do what?
Well what are you hoping to accomplish with that bet? You're certainly not maximizing value when you're ahead. That bet screams weakness, and now you're going fold with 60% of your stack in there and getting 3.6:1? You have 5k on the flop, and there's 7.8k in the pot. With the other guy's stack, I still like the push. I suppose you could bet 3.5k on the flop, and then get it all-in on the turn. By re-re-raising pf, getting away from QQ on this flop is a bad play. If you were going to fold QQ on a T high flop, then just call his re-raise pf.
We were talking about if I had AA and if I did have AA why would I want him to fold?
Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated as is Copernicus' avatar.
QFT, lol. ChrisRichey's is drool-worthy as well; and throwemaway's deserves honourable mention for the sometimes overlooked dimension of facial beauty (btw, throwem, I've been meaning to ask: is that someone famous?).

Without a read on the villain I think pre-flop you should either push or call after reraise. I don't like the small re-reraise. Pot is too big for you to pass on now and re-reraise is too small I believe for villain to be too pressured to laydown pre-flop. Also, what if a dingle nut who called your raise decides to call the rereraise (you said you were super tight and you get 3 callers to your 4* raise, so lack of respect for raises may bring some more junk in). Villain has bigger stack and may not need much incentive to put you to test on most flops. At least it comes head up. He called and did not push so I say he has somewhere in the QQ-TT range or AK(obviously not likely QQ). I would like to say he does not have AA as he should know you are committed and no point in holding back a push now but there is the SLIGHT chance of KK to a lad who thinks they can make the smart laydown to AA. No A or K on the flop. I say you have to push. Seeing more cards gives you more excuses to fold a pot you have committed to already. Push and put him to the test. He checks, you make little bet into big pot, he pushes. Now what can you do but call. What can he have that beats you. The only hand I can see him having that beats you is TT. I think he has it. If he had AK or JJ or KK I think he would have pushed. Check raise tells me he has set of tens. More, if you do think there was a chance of him having the KK. Why put yourself to the test when you can give him the tough decision(he may think you have aces or TT). You already know you are taking this hand the rest of the way with this flop anyway. If the case is you have QQ and he has TT then I cannot see either of you getting away from this hand without all money going in. After seeing results The only way I see the money not all going in is if you had called the reraise PF and 5 of you saw the flop, if real heavy betting you could get away from hand if you believe an OP to yours or the limpers hitting a set is very likely. Poor reraise and call of you reraise by villain. You pushing preflop may not have prevented this result though. He did take long time to call you rereraise preflop so only possible explanation is that he may have thought he had a read on you that said 'hero has no pair'. Still poor play on his part. A reraise push Preflop may have made him drop. I guess all I can say is the weak bets resulted in you having a weak stomach. No worries, I have done the same and I'm sure many others have too. Learn and move on.And although I haven't posted in long time, just lurked, I must say, Copernicus still rocks. His advice is always sound. Without a read, you are going a little blind. I say that when that happens go aggressive.