No reads except that I know that they know that I'm agressive playing 5/6 first hands. In total won 30 over those hands. As for the check on the flop. I don't doubt that many people will disagree with it. But I believe that there is more value in checking this. Here is the reason. It looks like I missed the flop. I didn't. I bet turn, he cannot put me on AK. And if I bet agressively, I'll get paid off like crazy. I did the same thing in a different game I was playing. I had AJ of clubs. Raised it up to 6. BB called. Flop came Jh 9c 8c...he checks I check. If a club falls, he cannot put me on flush because I'd bet the flop, right? Well anyways...he double me up with 9 10 when a flush card came on turn and brick river.. He had 910..anyways...it's a play i started implementing lately. Thoughts?PokerStars Game #8235088759: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2007/02/01 - 21:34:02 (ET)Table 'Scutum V' 6-max Seat #5 is the buttonSeat 1: mNoele ($215.60 in chips) Seat 2: ilan vaknin ($12.55 in chips) Seat 3: GabeTheKid ($149.10 in chips) Seat 4: sickmoney111 ($52 in chips) Seat 5: KTEN24 ($171.75 in chips) Seat 6: sputnik3000 ($380.70 in chips) sputnik3000: posts small blind $1mNoele: posts big blind $2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to GabeTheKid [Ac Kh]ilan vaknin: folds GabeTheKid: raises $4 to $6sickmoney111: folds KTEN24: folds sputnik3000: folds mNoele: calls $4*** FLOP *** [Jd Kc 9s]mNoele: checks GabeTheKid: checks *** TURN *** [Jd Kc 9s] [8c]mNoele: bets $6GabeTheKid: raises $12 to $18mNoele: calls $12*** RIVER *** [Jd Kc 9s 8c] [Kd]mNoele: checks GabeTheKid: bets $32mNoele: raises $94 to $126

Bad. This flop is way to connected to even consider doing this. Letting hands like QJ draw for free is just bad. Also I dont think you get that much more action in a spot like this.That AJc hand seems iffy as well. When you flop big hands in raised pots you want to build a big pot. The check just doesnt allow that to happen. A much better spot for this is if you have AK in a reraised pot and the flop comes down A82. Since people will most likely put you on KK-JJ.

:club: You've gotta bet the flop! Especially with the possibility of a straight draw if the turn closes the gap between J and 9, which it did.The top hand now may not be the top hand by the river. Slowplaying gives the other guy a chance to come back, so you don't slowplay unless you're sitting on the nuts and few, if any, possibilities exist to crack them in the next 2 cards.

My general approach is to bet a lot of flops like this, even if a don't make top pair. My opponent can therefore doubt that I have AK despite the bet.Checking the turn creates the same deception and keeps us from playing to huge a hand with one pair. The villain often will lead the river if he has a monster, and we are not obliged to raise with trips on this board.

I agree with everyone else here that it is a mistake not betting this flop as well as the other hand where you had AJ. By slow playing this hand in this fashion you have no idea what villian could have if he pulls a move on you like he did on the river here. in addition you are letting draws get there for free. Checking a flop of A72 rainbow with AK has some merit however in this spot you are just asking for trouble. Thinking that because you chekced the flop villian will think " he has nothing" is just wrong on some many levels. Also betting these flops when you do have something also protects your cbets when you don't have something. As far as your river decision i have no idea because he could have everything from jacks full to complete air. The way you have played the hand has left us in no mans land here

I don't think there's a chance that our villain has air, considering we've shown a lot of strength through this hand. I'm thinking 8's full. Too bad you didn't bet the flop and get him out of there.

I don't think there's a chance that our villain has air, considering we've shown a lot of strength through this hand. I'm thinking 8's full. Too bad you didn't bet the flop and get him out of there.
Yep. Bet the Flop. However, I am thinking made straight with a stinking Q/10
Yep. Bet the Flop. However, I am thinking made straight with a stinking Q/10
Eh, betting that big when the board pairs? Of course, the question is academic if we agree we're beat.

Will you at least explain weird flop check? I don't think there are any flops except those against certain players that I'd check if we get it head up. What are you trying to accomplish? Are you hoping to get more value out of AJ, KQ or QJ? Most of the time you can just bet and expect to be called anyway by any king. Checking the flop both gives your opponent a chance to turn a big hand he and it loses you value when he has a reasonable holding.I would guess you won and are going to come back in here and say that your brilliant slowplay allowed you to catch up and crush him but that's retarded

I don't see what the villain could've had that the checked flop helped other than 88, so the slow play didn't hurt. Either we were behind all the way or ahead all the way. I'm guessing we caught KQ here, although I think we win a bigger pot by betting all of the way.EDIT: Villain's raise puts us all in, so we're not getting a bigger pot.