My Worst Beat Ever

im in for 2k and was sitting with 1700. The game has winded down to 3 players with all of us straddling on the button to whatever amount. Im on the button and straddle for 30 in the 5/10 NL game. SB raises to 50 and the BB a very aggressive player who will fire 3 bullets on a bluff raises to 150. The BB has about 3k in front of him and the SB has 500. I smooth call with AA on the button hoping the SB pushes and maybe even an isolation push from the BB. I call 150 and the sb folds. 350 in the pot right now. Flop comes K 8 3 rainbox. BB leads for 300. Earlier in this session he played the hand the same way pushing hard on the flop and showed 9 high so i figure he might fire on the turn again. I call and the turn comes a 5. There is 950 in the pot and he pushes all in. I think for a bit even though i know im calling and i call 1250 or whatever it is. Rivers the K. THis was the last hand of the night too. If i won this hand I wouldve been up 1400 on the night. I wasnt too pissed because ive been 2 outered before. THen the SB who held onto his cards flips over KQ. CASE ****EN KING...1 outered for 3500. PRETTY ****EN SICK HONESTLY...CAN I PLAY ANY BETTER

2 kings + 3 queens = 5 outsIf this is your worst beat ever you have a long way to come and should not be playing 5/10 nl. Shorthanded nl is a very volatile game, and if you didn't want to lose whats in front of you then re raise pre flop or raise the flop. The way you played the hand is fine, so stop crying. Complaining about getting it in with 5 outs and one pull of the deck as your opponents only win is sad.

If you push all in after the flop and he calls, there is still a good chance he hits that 3rd king. You should have ate some lasagna or had a gyro before you played that hand.

Oh, and after you ate your lasagne and alledgedly straddled for 30 from the button... you should have pulled the SB up for an illegal bet.He can't raise to 50. That's a raise of 20, when it would have to be at least 30.This did really happen though, didn't it. :club:

That is nothing...I saw a sick one outer this last weekend:Game = $2/$5 NLHPlayer A has KJ heartsPlayer B has 79 heartsBoard is 10h 8h X Qh when all of the money goes into the pot (pot = $1,300).Why would Player B push all of his chips in?Because he saw the one outer (6h) coming.Now that was sick!

That is nothing...I saw a sick one outer this last weekend:Game = $2/$5 NLHPlayer A has KJ heartsPlayer B has 79 heartsBoard is 10h 8h X Qh when all of the money goes into the pot (pot = $1,300).Why would Player B push all of his chips in?Because he saw the one outer (6h) coming.Now that was sick!
i think who pushed first is important to ur story...as is their chip stacks.....just sayin
Oh, and after you ate your lasagne and alledgedly straddled for 30 from the button... you should have pulled the SB up for an illegal bet.He can't raise to 50. That's a raise of 20, when it would have to be at least 30.This did really happen though, didn't it. :club:
actually its a legal raise 5-10 blinds 30 is a 20$ raise so re-raising to fifty is legal as its another 20$ raise. Common mistake though

We should have a quote of a really bad beat ready for threads like this (for example, I remember reading about a hand on 2+2 where someone lost a huge bad beat jackpot to a one-outer on the river that somehow killed his hand)

im in for 2k and was sitting with 1700. The game has winded down to 3 players with all of us straddling on the button to whatever amount. Im on the button and straddle for 30 in the 5/10 NL game. SB raises to 50 and the BB a very aggressive player who will fire 3 bullets on a bluff raises to 150. The BB has about 3k in front of him and the SB has 500. I smooth call with AA on the button hoping the SB pushes and maybe even an isolation push from the BB. I call 150 and the sb folds. 350 in the pot right now. Flop comes K 8 3 rainbox. BB leads for 300. Earlier in this session he played the hand the same way pushing hard on the flop and showed 9 high so i figure he might fire on the turn again. I call and the turn comes a 5. There is 950 in the pot and he pushes all in. I think for a bit even though i know im calling and i call 1250 or whatever it is. Rivers the K. THis was the last hand of the night too. If i won this hand I wouldve been up 1400 on the night. I wasnt too pissed because ive been 2 outered before. THen the SB who held onto his cards flips over KQ. CASE ****EN KING...1 outered for 3500. PRETTY ****EN SICK HONESTLY...CAN I PLAY ANY BETTER
You could have raised pf. If the guy is as crazy aggressive as you say - the SB would push to your raise with any hand that he would push with if you just called. He knows the guy is aggressive too and that you could very well be making a play at him and his thought would be tripling up. There are very few instances that limping with AA is a proper play and this is not one of them. And, I hope this isn't your worst beat ever, because if it is, that's pretty lame. You lost to a 6 outer.If you're really interested in a true case king on the river for a bunch of money story I'll post mine. Remember, better players take more beats than poor players, but seeing you didn't realize he had 6 outs I'm not sure what side of the glass you're on.
We should have a quote of a really bad beat ready for threads like this (for example, I remember reading about a hand on 2+2 where someone lost a huge bad beat jackpot to a one-outer on the river that somehow killed his hand)
the hands were something like this:997c8ckcqcflop is 9h 9c 8cturn 10criver jcthe guy with quads lost something like 50 or 100k bad beat jackpot when he got "rivered".

are u guys dumb or something the sb folded after the BB raised it to 150 and i called on the button. THE sb had kq he folded but had a king. THE BB had AK and rivered the case king 1 ****en out not 5 outs not 6...1 ****en out for a 3500 pot

are u guys dumb or something the sb folded after the BB raised it to 150 and i called on the button. THE sb had kq he folded but had a king. THE BB had AK and rivered the case king 1 ****en out not 5 outs not 6...1 ****en out for a 3500 pot
in your original post, you never stated BB had AK, and you just made it more obivous you are bsing us because why the hell would the SB 'hold on to his cards' there are only 2 of them, not like he was gonna forget. Next time when you are telling a bogus bad beat story maybe you should add what your opponent actually held dumbass
I think for a bit even though i know im calling
nice slowroll by the way, thats what you get for doing it too

are u guys retarded. Why would i want to re raise preflop when the sb can move in and the BB who has AK can isolate me by raising me and then its a dream situation. The sb held onto his cards cause its a private cash game and he just wanted to show what he mucked later moron. ANd a straddle you can straddle to whatever the **** u want tough guy and 30 is what i made it so ur obviously some sit n go ***** who has no clue..u dumb nit

are u guys retarded. Why would i want to re raise preflop when the sb can move in and the BB who has AK can isolate me by raising me and then its a dream situation. The sb held onto his cards cause its a private cash game and he just wanted to show what he mucked later moron. ANd a straddle you can straddle to whatever the **** u want tough guy and 30 is what i made it so ur obviously some sit n go ***** who has no clue..u dumb nit
if you ever grow a pair and wanna go HU on stars, gimme a hollar, ill set up a private tourneybut you wont, so you probably arent going to

Eddie, having found out that you're actually only 16, I think you should learn to be less of an *******, lest you get you loud-mouthed *** kicked around the block. You seem to have a set of your own, with which you may or may not have knocked up your trailer trash girlfriend. Instead of busting other people's nuts for asking some simple questions and not agreeing with you, why don't you go take care of your own business and try not being an *******.

Eddie, having found out that you're actually only 16, I think you should learn to be less of an *******, lest you get you loud-mouthed *** kicked around the block. You seem to have a set of your own, with which you may or may not have knocked up your trailer trash girlfriend. Instead of busting other people's nuts for asking some simple questions and not agreeing with you, why don't you go take care of your own business and try not being an *******.
a) you cant read obviouslyb)when did i address anybody asking a question. OP was calling everyone an idiot, even though he never posted his opponets hand during his OP(which smart people would do in a bad beat post) all i did was point out to him that he didnt post the hand right then he called me a moron, to which i just told him we could play HU anytimec) If you gonna make posts telling people to stop being an ***.....try not being one yourselfd) do you ever post outside of bad beats? or do you just live here?