Rumor Regarding Chexx Inc.

Probably unhelpful, but I'll mention it anyways: about 16 or 18 months ago, when I was first playing poker online (or rather, first started winning), and before I had neteller, I made a withdrawal by check. My local bank told me they could not accept the check. My other bank (a much larger one) accepted it no problem. Okay, I warned you that would be unhelpful. Also though, Lee Jones isn't going to steal all your money. I think The Stein had one of the more sane comments in this thread (edit).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youteller.com/Haven't read the whole thread so I dunno if this has been posted...but this could be a v good thing hopefully...Either way, like hoosier says, its getting worse every day, and its scarry as fck...As a poker player I cant make plans too far ahead of time, but by know i'm almost positive I'm moving to LA.
http://www.youteller.com/Haven't read the whole thread so I dunno if this has been posted...but this could be a v good thing hopefully...Either way, like hoosier says, its getting worse every day, and its scarry as fck...As a poker player I cant make plans too far ahead of time, but by know i'm almost positive I'm moving to LA.
Why not Vegas?
games suck..plus in LA u get a more "normal" life imo...with online poker Vegas > LA with no online poker LA > Vegas imo.
isn't the cost of living in socal a pretty big rake? just curious.
Yah kk, it's ridiculous out there. I moved to vegas from there. Here is an example, kind of funny...http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.as...mp;lnksrc=00002http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.as...mp;lnksrc=00002Guarantee the second one isn't the nicest neighborhood.
Yes, very large. Rent for a decent apartment is 1200 a month. Our house 6 years ago cost around 900k.

Dear Neteller Support (insert poker site, etc.. for specific situation)Please remit all funds due to me in the form of cash mailed to my address registered on my account. I don't care if it's US dollars. I'll take euros, pesos, rubles, and even Canadian money. Please due so immediately or contact me to explain the reasons my wishes will not be met.Thank You

Dear Neteller Support (insert poker site, etc.. for specific situation)Please remit all funds due to me in the form of cash mailed to my address registered on my account. I don't care if it's US dollars. I'll take euros, pesos, rubles, and even Canadian money. Please due so immediately or contact me to explain the reasons my wishes will not be met.Thank You
Let's not get carried away with the currencies you'll accept here....
For people with tens of thousands online and worried that you will not see it, doesn't a trip to Canada and an opening of a new bank account solve the problem.
Nice try but it's not that simple. Most banks require some proof of address, not to mention the difficulty overcoming the lack of being a citizen. More hassles than it's worth.Find a Canadian friend, tfr or dump him the money, have him w/d, send you his canadian check, deal with the 4 week collection process your bank will charge you and get your money. Small fee involved for sending a check to collections. Also, bank tellers don't look at who issues the check. They take them and stick them in their work. If it's made payable to you, they'll take it. The only chance of it getting returned will be because of no funds. Signed,Your friendly bank employee.Option B: Suck at poker. That was my approach.
Yes, very large. Rent for a decent apartment is 1200 a month. Our house 6 years ago cost around 900k.
In San Diego... 600k isn't even a starter home and 1200/month for an apt would be in a seedy area with one bedroom or maybe a studio. However, I much prefer the southern California lifestyle to Vegas. You have the beach, mountains, resorts, golf courses, nightlife all relatively close and everything is more laid back down here in SD.
It's a good thing I didn't say it then. However, if other e-wallet companies avoid the mistakes made by Neteller and other e-wallets, they will thrive. Has E-passporte been touched yet? No. They may not be as efficient as Neteller but they are still in business with US customers. When a company comes along that is efficient as Neteller is/was, they will dominate the market much like Neteller did. I'm Canadian. I still use Neteller. I move thousands around on a daily/weekly basis and still have no problems. Everyone should take precautions with their money. I did long before Neteller shutdown to US customers. I never keep money in Neteller. I never have. I just use it to move money from site to site. I feel that the sites are the safest place to keep my money other than my bank and I still feel that way. I'd feel that way if I was American. Your money is safe on the sites, you just might not be able to touch it for a while. These issues will get resolved sooner rather than later.New payment processors are coming. Pokerstars is apparently working on providing the services itself.The sky is not falling, people just need to be patient.
Once again, do you really believe what you are saying? Just because E-passporte is working now and other e-wallets are doing business now does not mean tomorrow the US wont go after them. They will. All of them will be shut down. Eventually, whatever method they use to receive funds will be cut off. Its very easy for the federal reserve bank to shut off EFT and ACH's to certain customers and that will happen. Its a guarantee and extremely easy. Go back a few months and everyone said, "well, we can just always use Neteller - they will never go out of business and will be totally safe. US can't touch them." Remember these comments in a few months when, E-passporte (i would never give my money to a company thats named that anyway!) is cut off or raided.The sites are the ones who are being hurt and who need to step up. If PokerStars is in fact doing it, then I applaud them (but also realize it is very temporary - if you dont think it is, then you are naive and gullible). ACH and EFT's will be cut off - its a guarantee. I think you will be able to send them checks and maybe wire transfers - but they will have to keep changing the receiving address/account I'm sure. I have no idea how they will deal with withdrawals though. Too easy for the govt to cut it off. I'm glad I live in LA and get to play live 3-5 days a week and play excellent guaranteed tournies at Hustler.And honestly, I don't feel bad for any "pro" this affects. Playing poker is not a RIGHT. Its a privilege. And, before just a few years ago, online poker didn't exist and people survived. You will too. I promise.
And honestly, I don't feel bad for any "pro" this affects. Playing poker is not a RIGHT. Its a privilege. And, before just a few years ago, online poker didn't exist and people survived. You will too. I promise.
do you consider your job a 'privilege'? how would you feel if the gov't made it illegal to flip burgers?
do you consider your job a 'privilege'? how would you feel if the gov't made it illegal to flip burgers?
Yes, I do consider my job a privilege. I don't HAVE to do it. No one forces me to do it. I want to do it. And, I know, if I didn't have this job, there are tons of other burger places I could go.

Maybe we should consider buying PP stock? Euro Poker News: EU May Challenge US Over ActParty Poker's Stock Up Over 10%In response to the US Department of Justice’s recent aggressive overtures towards the online gaming community, the European Union has stepped up its own saber-rattling. The Internal Market Services division of the European Union has raised the possibility of legally challenging the United States over the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act. Many in the EU feel that the act is overly protectionist and monopolistic.Charlie McCreevey, European Commissioner for Internal Market Services, was recently quoted as saying, “It is probably a restrictive practice and we might take it up in a different forum.” The next step would be to report the matter to the European Union Trade Commissioner.The market has viewed this as a positive development, with PartyGaming’s stock being the largest beneficiary. The stock is up almost 10% since news of the potential legal action against the US came out.For those in the United States considering buying the Party’s stock, which is down over 70% since the UIGEA, the ticker is PYGMF.PK. The stock is currently trading at $0.50.

Yah kk, it's ridiculous out there. I moved to vegas from there. Here is an example, kind of funny...http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.as...mp;lnksrc=00002http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.as...mp;lnksrc=00002Guarantee the second one isn't the nicest neighborhood.
That is exactly why I (reluctantly) moved out of CAPaid 180k for a 4bd 2ba 2k sf on a 1/3 acre lot here....couldn't buy the lot, much less the house for thatmoney in CA
That is exactly why I (reluctantly) moved out of CAPaid 180k for a 4bd 2ba 2k sf on a 1/3 acre lot here....couldn't buy the lot, much less the house for thatmoney in CA
This is all true, but just as the cost of living is higher in CA, the avg salaries are higher. And many areas of Los Angeles appear to be immune to market fluctuation (at least where I live) and either stay constant or go up, but have only had down year in the last 20 (Palos Verdes, in case you care).

The worst thing to do is to scare away the already shrinking tank. So here's some good news.At the same thread at 2+2.

1p0kerboy Resonse from PokerStars:Hello paranoid customer,Thank you for your email.At present, we are continuing to send cheques to US based players, andwe plan to continue doing so without any problems. We use multiplecheque processors and do not expect any interruption in the provisionof service to our US players.If you have any further questions, please let me know.Regards,JacobGame on?
So I sent an email to PokerStars and got the similar response. You can still deposit and you can still withdraw and take it to your bank(s).Stay positive if you want to live...Game on?
This is all true, but just as the cost of living is higher in CA, the avg salaries are higher. And many areas of Los Angeles appear to be immune to market fluctuation (at least where I live) and either stay constant or go up, but have only had down year in the last 20 (Palos Verdes, in case you care).
barstow here I come :club:
Once again, do you really believe what you are saying?
Yes I do and I have good reason to believe it. Your statements have no basis in fact. They are inaccurate and quite frankly ignorant. You probably one of those people that thought the world was going to end at midnight of Y2K. No electrity, or all computers would be rendered useless. If you really believe online poker is dead/dying, so be it. You're wrong but you are entitled to believe that. Meanwhile, I'll keep playing online everyday.Your last paragragh was pure gold. For everybody else, just relax, take a deep breath and be patient. The solutions are forthcoming. Everybody who had vast sums of money on Party panicked and wondered if they would lose it, did everybody get their money? Yes! As I said before, the safest place for your money besides your bank is the poker sites themselves. I certainly wouldn't be in any rush to cashout. Even on the slim chance Delphi is right and online poker dies, you'll still get your money just like when Party shutdown to US customers.