Rumor Regarding Chexx Inc.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as I saw the title, I said "Fuuuuuuuuuuuck . Fedex delivered my Chexx inc. check about an hour ago. If the bank rejects it, I'm going to have a breakdown.
I just deposited 2 of these Chexx checks and the bank accepted them. Hope they dont get back to me saying they got declined.
I just deposited 2 of these Chexx checks and the bank accepted them. Hope they dont get back to me saying they got declined.
I think I'm just going to cash it with my bank and run with the loot. How's Antigua this time of year?

i signed up with epassport a few days ago. verified my deposit almost instantly using my online access to my bank account. deposited and immediately transferred to stars. it all took less than 15 minutes.i sent stars an e-mail a week ago and asked them to confirm that i will always be able to withdraw via check. they responded yes. that's not to say that this hasn't changed anything, but they told me i will ALWAYS be able to get a check.

Yes I understand we are all morons and such for having $ in poker sites or Neteller, etc.etc.The fact is that some of us play for a living and need to keep a certain amount of $ online to comfortably play/scout potential games. I made this post to try and see responses about potential withdrawl methods, and to make this rumor public knowledge to some of the pros who frequent this forum. Enough with the "you deserve it, I don't feel sorry for you" posts.
If you read what I said I was'nt saying you deserve it at all, what I was saying is that up to the netteller debacle nobody really knew what was going down and did'nt really see this coming. But after this you really have to expect that sooner or later all of these companies are going to shut their doors, so if people are still leaving large sums of money floating at some of these 3rd party/poker sites you are asking for the chance to post a "dam lost all my money online" post in the near future, and Im not gonna feel bad for anyone at that point. But again like I said up until now I'm sympathetic.
If you read what I said I was'nt saying you deserve it at all, what I was saying is that up to the netteller debacle nobody really knew what was going down and did'nt really see this coming. But after this you really have to expect that sooner or later all of these companies are going to shut their doors, so if people are still leaving large sums of money floating at some of these 3rd party/poker sites you are asking for the chance to post a "dam lost all my money online" post in the near future, and Im not gonna feel bad for anyone at that point. But again like I said up until now I'm sympathetic.
Yea for sure I agree its now time to gtfo.
Chexx Inc is used by Pokerstars right. Anyword on Bodogs Payouts? They use a company called Pay(something). I cashed a check by them last week and jsut requested two more checks from them.
Chexx Inc is used by Pokerstars right. Anyword on Bodogs Payouts? They use a company called Pay(something). I cashed a check by them last week and jsut requested two more checks from them.
Everything is all good with Bodog as far as I know. I've deposited a couple checks from them recently and it seems ok.

I e-mailed bodog about click2pay, they said it would still work. Put in a withdrawal last night, we'll see.Personally, I'd take those chexx inc checks to the liquor store and cash them there w/ a 1% fee, rather than have the bank come back at me later w/ all kinds of fees and non-acceptance.

I e-mailed bodog about click2pay, they said it would still work. Put in a withdrawal last night, we'll see.Personally, I'd take those chexx inc checks to the liquor store and cash them there w/ a 1% fee, rather than have the bank come back at me later w/ all kinds of fees and non-acceptance.
1% is an EXPENSIVE fee for checks coming from a poker site.

Hoosier,I know you play online for a living so i figured you could answer this question. If i have money on Full Tilt and planned on getting money out by asking for checks every couple weeks... will this still work or does Full Tilt also use this Chexx company? If not Chexx, does anyone know who FullTilt uses? Also, i thought checks were exempt from the legislation concerning poker that was passed with the Port bill. For instance, banks could cash checks that were from online poker/pay pal type companies because it would be way too difficult to monitor where checks were coming from. Maybe i am wrong?

I would think if the checks aren't accepted/are invalid , that stars would rectify the situation. 1% is like tipping $50 at mcdonalds. It's not necessary.
I don't know about you but I would rather not be cashing checks at my bank that could tie me into "illegal" activity that easily. Your check may still be able to be traced to you at other places too but not as easily IMO. As of right now they are not pursuing any players but as of a month ago they were'nt pursuing neteller either. Maybe its just me but I would be very very careful if I was an American moving a lot of money on poker sites right now.
I don't know about you but I would rather not be cashing checks at my bank that could tie me into "illegal" activity that easily. Your check may still be able to be traced to you at other places too but not as easily IMO. As of right now they are not pursuing any players but as of a month ago they were'nt pursuing neteller either. Maybe its just me but I would be very very careful if I was an American moving a lot of money on poker sites right now.
I doubt the hooch store can cash checks for larger amounts of money.
Hoosier,I know you play online for a living so i figured you could answer this question. If i have money on Full Tilt and planned on getting money out by asking for checks every couple weeks... will this still work or does Full Tilt also use this Chexx company? If not Chexx, does anyone know who FullTilt uses? Also, i thought checks were exempt from the legislation concerning poker that was passed with the Port bill. For instance, banks could cash checks that were from online poker/pay pal type companies because it would be way too difficult to monitor where checks were coming from. Maybe i am wrong?
To answer your first question, I've never received a check from FTP, so I don't know who processes them. FTP now has a ridiculous wait of 25-30 days to receive your check, so I wouldn't recommend withdrawing one every couple of weeks unless you don't mind waiting.As far as I know, checks are exempt from the legislation. Unfortunately, the US gvt is putting pressure on the check processors to stop doing business with online poker sites. It wouldn't be hard for the government to throw around laundering terms. So while there wasn't anything written in the legislation regarding checks, the government can still easily scare the biggest processors.
uhhh its not illegal to play online poker. (in some states yes)
I agree, I'm about 70% done. I withdrew all of my money off Mansion this morning and I just got my FCP check today for $400 from Chexx, Inc. I'm cashing that mofo with the quickness to Bank of America, which I think will be OK for now because my buddy just deposited a $2K Chexx, Inc. check from Stars into his account at their bank and it went through, no problem.I still have a sh*itload of money of FT, though. I have no idea when or how I'm getting that out.
uhhh its not illegal to play online poker. (in some states yes)
Without getting into details the issue is that what is going to happen is not clear at all. Im sure in withdrawing money from these sites there is illegal elements. If you are winning this money from sites deemed illegal by the gov't and not paying taxes on it and not reporting it to the IRS than there I'm sure is some legal issues present here. In many states it is illegal to run a game with a rake, but technically it is not illegal if you are just playing in that game, but when the game gets raided they still seize your money, so saying that its not illegal may not get you in jail but it does'nt get you your money back.You say that it is not illegal, but do you really want to take unnecessary risks??? Your getting screwed right now, if you want to go on believing that everything is going to be ok and that it is not illegal that is fine, and you may be right but the gov't has screwed people over for much less than this many a time.