Dumbest Move Ever

I'm sitting with about $140 at a really loose 1 2 NL table. Brain damaged hippie child is to my right and makes it $10 to go. Folds round to me on the button with 8d8c - decide to call.Blinds fold and we're heads up. Flop comes J 9 7 with two diamonds. Checked to me and I fire in a 3/4 pot bet. Flower child calls.Turn is the 6 of diamonds. Check again and this time I check having no clue what Tiny Tim has - and I'm fairly confident he has no clue either.The river is the deuce of diamonds. Dopey hems and haws then asks me what I have left. I tell him around $115 and he counts it out and pushes in the big bet. At this point I really have no clue what to do. It is even possible he has a big diamond in his hand and doesn't realize there is 4 to the flush on board. I decide to put my cards face up on the table and see what his reaction is to my 8 high flush. Every one at the table is looking at him when he says it would only be fair if he showed me his cards too then proceeded to flip up an 8 and a 5 for a straight.I was able to withhold my laughter long enough to call his bet before the table had to take a break to recover from laughing at him.

I'm sitting with about $140 at a really loose 1 2 NL table. Brain damaged hippie child is to my right and makes it $10 to go. Folds round to me on the button with 8d8c - decide to call.Blinds fold and we're heads up. Flop comes J 9 7 with two diamonds. Checked to me and I fire in a 3/4 pot bet. Flower child calls.Turn is the 6 of diamonds. Check again and this time I check having no clue what Tiny Tim has - and I'm fairly confident he has no clue either.The river is the deuce of diamonds. Dopey hems and haws then asks me what I have left. I tell him around $115 and he counts it out and pushes in the big bet. At this point I really have no clue what to do. It is even possible he has a big diamond in his hand and doesn't realize there is 4 to the flush on board. I decide to put my cards face up on the table and see what his reaction is to my 8 high flush. Every one at the table is looking at him when he says it would only be fair if he showed me his cards too then proceeded to flip up an 8 and a 5 for a straight.I was able to withhold my laughter long enough to call his bet before the table had to take a break to recover from laughing at him.
Why do you describe this guy with such distain?? If this was me writing I would describe this guy like this:So my new best friend in the world, who really is an awesome guy proceeded to call my bet...............etc
Why do you describe this guy with such distain?? If this was me writing I would describe this guy like this:So my new best friend in the world, who really is an awesome guy proceeded to call my bet...............etc
I was a nice to him as possible - at least til his money ran out.
I'm sitting with about $140 at a really loose 1 2 NL table. Brain damaged hippie child is to my right and makes it $10 to go. Folds round to me on the button with 8d8c - decides to call.
No raise?
I was a nice to him as possible - at least til his money ran out.
When someone who I feel looses their money I try to be as nice as possible to them for obvious reasons. But beyond the fact that it is good for the game many people play poker for entertainment and are'nt that good at it, so I want them to have a good time, if they play bad poker that does'nt make them a bad person or deserving of my barbs. Sure when they suckout in huge pots I feel like I want to smash their face in, but I know that is just my knee jerk reaction and at times I actually feel good that these guys make money sometimes, that good feeling of winning can feed the game for many other sessions after. Knowing this I won't give money to guys that I feel are weak but sometimes I give them a little action in a pot so that they feel like Im not picking on them, I'm a strong believer in you have to give action to get it, and I try to make the atmosphere as fun as possible so that everyone is gambling and having a good time and the losers keep coming back.
Your such an *******. The guy obviously had no clue at poker so you decide to assume you are a greater life form than him?It makes me sick
True. Buddy didn't have much game. Also true. I am a much higher form of life than him though I'm sure there's someone out there who appreciates whatever redeeming qualities he may have.Word of advice. If taking money off of hapless losers (or in your case just reading about it) makes you sick you might want to go hang out at the Dr. Phil forums instead of here with this bunch of gamblers.

I was playing at the Excalibur (1/2 NL) last week and had Kd-10d. No raises preflop and I just limp in.The flop comes Ac-Qc-4h.Checks around. I bet $12 with the straight draw; 1 player calls.Turn is the Js.Guy checks to me. I bet $25 on the straight (wanting to push out the club draw). Guy calls.River is 2c. Now the board shows Ac-Qc-4h-Js-2c (3 clubs)Now the other guy bets $50. I was scared of the flush and now it may have come. I think for a little bit and decide that he's just trying to push me off the hand, so I call.He says "Ace high flush" and turns over Kc-4s. I am just about to muck my cards when I notice that he only has a 4 card flush. Either he thought his hand had 2 clubs, or maybe he thought that the Jack was a club. The other option is that he was trying to push me off the hand and knew he didn't have a flush and was hoping I'd just muck my hand before I noticed (I always double check both hands before throwing anything away).He looked really embarrassed that he did that, so I'm thinking he just say his cards wrong.I know that if I were to have mucked my cards, then he would have won the pot, but my question is....is there a rule against deliberately mis-stating your hand for purposes of deception?

I know that if I were to have mucked my cards, then he would have won the pot, but my question is....is there a rule against deliberately mis-stating your hand for purposes of deception?
If he calls out "ace high flush", you muck and he tables K high the dealer/floor is allowed to make an effort to retrieve your cards - if they are clearly identifiable. I suspect he could also be penalized if it were done repeatedly.
Moron, ever think of this possibility?Hippie raises pre-flop with the intent to steal/make play. Flops gutter. Calls flop bet intending to make a big play on turn or river (ever think he had a read on YOU?) Hits his gutter, you lose. Pretty standard bluff play in my opinion, and you SHOULD have folded to the all in river bet with an 8 HIGH FLUSH!
Your such an *******. The guy obviously had no clue at poker so you decide to assume you are a greater life form than him?It makes me sick
You seem angrier than usual. You should consider rubbing one out to calm down.
You seem angrier than usual. You should consider rubbing one out to calm down.
Yeah, I am angrier than usual today. Don't know what it is. Although there seems to be a much higher percentage of stupid noob posts. Anyway, I think I'm gona go to bed soon so apologies to anyone I offended today.GN everyone
yeah, I'm not actually too sure about this, but if it is an honest mistake, no big deal, life goes on. But a guy doing it purposely is way out of line.
I did it one time on accidnet playing Omaha, and it can be relatively easy to do. I called out a queen high flush and the other guy was like ...wtf? I noticed ASAP and felt embarassed as hell. Everyone laughed.
Moron, ever think of this possibility?Hippie raises pre-flop with the intent to steal/make play. Flops gutter. Calls flop bet intending to make a big play on turn or river (ever think he had a read on YOU?) Hits his gutter, you lose. Pretty standard bluff play in my opinion, and you SHOULD have folded to the all in river bet with an 8 HIGH FLUSH!
The moron bit is a little over the top but nonetheless I have to agree that I would have mucked my 8 high flush facing an all in bet however . . . the whole point of the story was that Dweezil showed me his hand BEFORE I had acted.Reading for comprehension is good.