I don't know if this guy has been talked about on here in a thread yet, but I just read his interview on P5s.com and he's a total ******. He makes some real asinine comments i.e. Erik Seidel's play is terrible in tournaments, DN is an just an OK player with an ego, the competition in the Aussie Millions was horrible, how online pros are much better than the live pros, etc......This kid won about 800k so now hes running his mouth like hes the next Doyle or something to that effect. The kid also weighs like 562 lbs. too, by the way.Discuss.http://www.pocketfives.com/E34FD387-DBB5-4...CE8ED609DE.aspx

I read the article.. don't mistake his confidence as arrogance.. he is just telling it how it is... seems to be a good player.. if i won that much money id probably be somewhat "cocky" as well
if you get a chance tongiht go back on aim for a few
I read the article.. don't mistake his confidence as arrogance.. he is just telling it how it is... seems to be a good player.. if i won that much money id probably be somewhat "cocky" as well
Definitely a difference. Read 2+2 mtt community, him and Shaniac get into it pretty bad. Some of the things gobbo says can only be classified as arrogant.

You are just reading too much into a simple interview. He told it like he saw it in every aspect, and there's nothing wrong with. If someone came on here saying Negreanu was arrogant by making statements like Fricke did, he would be defended.And way to throw his weight into this equation, that really makes people become arrogant assholes, don't you know?

No, f that nonsense. He's arrogant and unhumbled and I can throw in any type of statement about his weight that I want too. Tell him to get his heavy *** off the couch and put in some time on the stairmaster. Honestly, he's one of those kids who eats a lot and sits at home playing video games or on the internet. He said he played Magic all the time before poker and hates to exercise. Thats his fault, anyone who lets themselves get that morbidly obese deserves to me mocked. Am I being a ****? Yes. Will dicks like me motivate him to get in shape to shut me up? Maybe. But thats the way I see it.

gobboboy: He was reraising in position. He may have just had hands but I doubt it. Then good players adapt to that by 4 betting him, like I did with the Qh5h hand. I didn’t show that to say, “OMG I BLUFFED A PRO.” I wanted to send him a message that I knew he was restealing, and that I had him outchipped by a lot and he should just let me steal the blinds. He stopped after that.

what does ftl mean?
FTL= For the loseFTW=For the win
Will dicks like me motivate him to get in shape to shut me up?
No. You will end up getting sat on by fat people to shut you up. Your whole reasoning about weight is retarded. You can bring up anything about him being arrogant or stupid, and we can debate about that. Arguing about his weight problems is stupid, and his own problems to do how he sees fit with it, and if you have a problem with that, then well, that's something you just need to keep to yourself, because you're just going to piss off a bunch of people.For the record: Making fun of fat people only makes them more depressed about their weight issues and causes it to worsen. JS.
No. You will end up getting sat on by fat people to shut you up. Your whole reasoning about weight is retarded. You can bring up anything about him being arrogant or stupid, and we can debate about that. Arguing about his weight problems is stupid, and his own problems to do how he sees fit with it, and if you have a problem with that, then well, that's something you just need to keep to yourself, because you're just going to piss off a bunch of people.For the record: Making fun of fat people only makes them more depressed about their weight issues and causes it to worsen. JS.
No, you are missing the WHOLE point. If you read his interview, which you OBV. didn't, he gets asked a question about his weight and his health. He responds that he hates to exercise and what not. This is his whole problem and this was the point I was trying to make. He wins some money, makes retarded comments, and then says he doesn't have the motivation to get back in shape. So here is this overweight kid, who just won a huge amount of cash, and bashing others in an interview about their faults, but then blatantly tells the world that he doesn't have the motivation to get healthy. Not only is that hypocritical, but it is sad. Sad that a kid with some poker talent just allows himself to become morbidly obese. Thats the argument I was trying to make. If he was a down to earth, modest person, I would have said nothing about his weight, but his comments about his weight and his seemingly disregard for his own health is what truly makes this kid sad.
No, you are missing the WHOLE point. If you read his interview, which you OBV. didn't, he gets asked a question about his weight and his health. He responds that he hates to exercise and what not. This is his whole problem and this was the point I was trying to make. He wins some money, makes retarded comments, and then says he doesn't have the motivation to get back in shape. So here is this overweight kid, who just won a huge amount of cash, and bashing others in an interview about their faults, but then blatantly tells the world that he doesn't have the motivation to get healthy. Not only is that hypocritical, but it is sad. Sad that a kid with some poker talent just allows himself to become morbidly obese. Thats the argument I was trying to make. If he was a down to earth, modest person, I would have said nothing about his weight, but his comments about his weight and his seemingly disregard for his own health is what truly makes this kid sad.
And obviously you read the interview, got your panties in a bunch, and skeedaddled over here to make this thread before you finished and missed the following:gobboboy: Well, I don't want to die before I turn 21, and it is inconvenient sometimes. I bought a treadmill. I should use it. I am going to start running/walking half an hour a day.Like I said, I saw nothing wrong in that interview, he said what he felt, and I didn't see too much arrogance in it. And what he does with his own body is his own business.

He also said on 2+2 that this interview was via AOL and with a friend, so obviously that makes it a little different. Either way I thought the Ghostbusters splattered this guy all over downtown Manhattan yeaaars ago.

And obviously you read the interview, got your panties in a bunch, and skeedaddled over here to make this thread before you finished and missed the following:gobboboy: Well, I don't want to die before I turn 21, and it is inconvenient sometimes. I bought a treadmill. I should use it. I am going to start running/walking half an hour a day.Like I said, I saw nothing wrong in that interview, he said what he felt, and I didn't see too much arrogance in it. And what he does with his own body is his own business.
QFMFT
Like I said, I saw nothing wrong in that interview, he said what he felt, and I didn't see too much arrogance in it. And what he does with his own body is his own business.
I completely agree, I see nothing wrong with this also. He didn't say that Erik Seidel is a poor player, he said that Erik played poorly early in this tournament. He never said anything about him being an overall bad player. Also to the OP he did not say Negreanu was a "OK" player he said that he was "pretty good". You were misquoting him all around. And he is right Negreanu does have a bit of an ego, and he should have one for how successful he has become. Watch a couple episodes of HSP and tell me that Daniel doesn't have an ego.