New 7 Wonders

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because something was built a long time ago doesnt mean its all that great. the acropolis is just a ruin, so are many of the other entries. some ruins are cool ..like the colosseum, others are not that great. the great wall is just a wall. its not even that tall. it was a failure at its intended use and a ton of people died while being forced to build it.

theyre having a global vote to choose the new 7 wonders.go vote @ http://www.new7wonders.comthe first 6 were easy:kremlinpyramidsstatue of libertycolosseumgerman castletaj mahalbut now for 7 its between the eiffel tower and the easter island statues.the statues pwn but i cant not vote for eiffel...can i?
F the French.
You do realize that the Statue of Liberty was built by the French, right?
F the French.You do realize that the Statue of Liberty was built by the French, right?
Lol. Only after they saved our asses in the Revolution, of course. I guess we're even now.
Anything the French built can't be considered impressive.The indoor ski slope in Dubia is cool though
The ski slope is pretty sweet. Got kicked off though. Couldn't "control my speed." :club:
The ski slope is pretty sweet. Got kicked off though. Couldn't "control my speed." :club:
Might be going this summer for a week, do they let you snowboard?
The Great Wall is overrated. First of all, it's not really a wall at all, but a series of smaller walls that were built at a lot of differing times and were only later joined. The wall that we see today isn't the ancient wall built by the Zhou, but rather a new wall built during the Ming in only the 17th century, so it's not even from the ancient world. The original wall, or walls, are mostly lost now. Second, it really served little purpose. It was totally ineffective in the defense of China (mostly because it had so many holes in it) so Mongolians and such simply slipped through it. Lastly, it can't even be seen from the Moon as some claim. So, I call BS on this whole “Great Wall” thing.
Goddamn Mongorians!

I think the Statue of Liberty should certainly make the list for significance. It's the modern day Colossus of Rhodes and the most well-known monument of the greatest modern superpower. Yeah, Mount Rushmore is way bigger and took more to build, but it's not in a highly visible location and it's just faces of great Presidents...not a symbol of freedom that has welcomed people to the US for well over a century.Also, the Colosseum is cool to look at from the outside, but I was underwhelmed by the interior. It's smaller than I expected and just not very interesting. That said, I suppose you should certainly have a symbol from one of the most influential empires in the history of the world.

Its the sickest bridge in the world built by the french, I don't think it should be a wonder of the world but the french have a lot of very impressive feats. The TGV,, l'arche de triomphe and aren't they involved in that particle accelerator project I never really understood the animosity between the US and the french its pretty ruthless. Didn't they help you guys colonize and then you helped them during the war, they said thanks with a statue yet there is bad blood I don't get it. Inferiority complex? jk

I never really understood the animosity between the US and the french its pretty ruthless.
It's a primarily a matter of perceived French arrogance. There are times and places where they've acted culturally superior to Americans (which is not to say we haven't returned the favor). That said, in my visit to Paris, I found the people to be fairly welcoming.

I hear they don't treat tourist very well in Paris, kind of stuck up a bit. French Qubecers love to make fun of the french in everyway possible as often as possible but we get along great, lots of them live here and lots of Quebecers go there. We respect each other as nations but when the Lance armstrong doping stories started from the french I found the the whole thing disapointing. It's probably friction from political view points that drive you guys away from each other. a shame really.

My top seven wonders:Paris Hilton's celebrity statusHow Brit got fug so fastFKed's careerWhy I love lesbians$20 (and up) lap dancesPaula Adbul and/or michael jacksonwhy House and The Office pwn all other tv shows.I guess I forgot RonMex's e-gheyness.

It's a primarily a matter of perceived French arrogance. There are times and places where they've acted culturally superior to Americans (which is not to say we haven't returned the favor). That said, in my visit to Paris, I found the people to be fairly welcoming.
yah my brother said the same thing. Some of them will demand to know what you think of American foreign policy...I could see why.
yah my brother said the same thing. Some of them will demand to know what you think of American foreign policy...I could see why.
Yeah, I don't think the French (and the rest of the world for that matter) hate Americans so much as they hate our government.
F the French.
Ummm...The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the USA from the French. Saying "F the French" is like saying "F the Statue of Liberty", which is like saying "F my own country and it's ideals of freedom and equality for all". You just ate your own tail.
Ummm...The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the USA from the French. Saying "F the French" is like saying "F the Statue of Liberty", which is like saying "F my own country and it's ideals of freedom and equality for all". You just ate your own tail.
F the statue of liberty and F mount rushmore and F equality and F the constitution and F you. This game is fun :club:
I respectfully disagree. The statue is a monument to american freedom, regardless of who gave it to us.F the french.Go to google, type in "French military victories" and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button.'nuff said.
I respectfully disagree. The statue is a monument to american freedom, regardless of who gave it to us.F the french.Go to google, type in "French military victories" and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button.'nuff said.
:club::D :D I was like : I'm gonna make him STFU when I google this.frenchmilitaryvictoriestz1.jpgnapoleon did try and almost took over the world though
lol when i went to france i was asked this like 5 times at least
Yeah, I don't think the French (and the rest of the world for that matter) hate Americans so much as they hate our government.
true and i hate it too
I hate our government, too. But I hate theirs a lot more.
what?! theirs doesnt do anything. yours banned online poker
F the french.
f.uck you, bi.tch