New 7 Wonders

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but now for 7 its between the eiffel tower and the easter island statues.the statues pwn but i cant not vote for eiffel...can i?
i hear that, but on the same note, i can't even begin to imagine the creation of those statues or even the movement of those statues. sickly insane, right?you're right, this is a tough vote. but just based on sheer manpower it had to take, i would have to go with the easter island statues.i'm actually torn between them and the great wall IMO.
theyre having a global vote to choose the new 7 wonders.go vote @ http://www.new7wonders.comthe first 6 were easy:kremlinpyramidsstatue of libertycolosseumgerman castletaj mahalbut now for 7 its between the eiffel tower and the easter island statues.the statues pwn but i cant not vote for eiffel...can i?
F the French.

statue of Liberty? Eiffel Tower? seriously?!my list in no order:Petra, Jordanpyramids of Gizagreat wall of ChinaTaj mahalEaster Island statuesStonehengeThree Gorges Dam in china<----------I guess it's not on the list since it's not completed yet, but it should be

Sorry, but Machu Pichu>>>>>>>>>Kremlin
Kremlin still makes my list though.I'm still debating what my full list will be. Easter Island, Great Wall, Angkor Wat, and the Kremlin are currently there. We'll see how that final list looks in a little bit.

My list in no order:Pyramids at GizaThe ColosseumGreat Wall of ChinaStonehengePetra, JordanSydney Opera HouseThe AcropolisHonorable Mention: Mount Rushmore (shame it isn't on the short list), St. Peter's Square (Vatican City), The Winter Palace and Palace Square (Russia) Central Park (NYC).

My list in no order:Pyramids at GizaThe ColosseumGreat Wall of ChinaStonehengePetra, JordanSydney Opera HouseThe AcropolisHonorable Mention: Mount Rushmore (shame it isn't on the short list), St. Peter's Square (Vatican City), The Winter Palace and Palace Square (Russia) Central Park (NYC).
Solid list. I guess I don't get what is so amazing about the Sydney Opera House though. It's an amazing-looking architectural structure, but it just doesn't seem to have enough of a significance to make it a world wonder.

ok this might be a little biased but the kremlin contains four palaces four cathdrals some towers and enclosed by a massive wall. thats like 8 buldings in one. its the only selection where you are actually picking 10 things cause its a square in the middle of moscow full of unique russian buildings. therefore it deserves a vote OVER THE DAMN OPERA HOUSE. thank you

ok this might be a little biased but the kremlin contains four palaces four cathdrals some towers and enclosed by a massive wall. thats like 8 buldings in one. its the only selection where you are actually picking 10 things cause its a square in the middle of moscow full of unique russian buildings. therefore it deserves a vote OVER THE DAMN OPERA HOUSE. thank you
Well, I think a society where they found a way to make farmland essentially into the side of a mountain is a bit more impressive than that.I honestly think Macchu Picchu is the most impressive thing on this list.
a possibly explanation for how stonehenge was constructed, but by no means the only way. I thought it was pretty cool.
Very cool, but I'm relatively certain the Druids didn't have PVC buckets or pressurized garden hoses...j/k, we all know the aliens helped with the construction. They probably brought the hose. It's a cool video, but the most amazing thing to me is how they moved those stones from a quarry in Wales. People tried to duplicate the feat with a similar stone in 2000, and it sank to the bottom of the Bristol Channel.
http://wonderclub.com/AllWorldWonders.htmlapparently there's over 7 different groups of 7 wonders. kinda cheapens it if you ask me.after these new 7, I think they should just change the name to "The pretty long list of stuff thats old and cool"

The Great Wall of China should be number 1 on anyone's list. The next 6... well there's lots of good ones, arguments could be made for all really. Apart from the Statue of Liberty - That strikes me a very weak entry, possibly just so that America can have a Wonder of the World. If that's the case, why didn't they chose Mount Rushmore? That's much more impressive.

The Great Wall of China should be number 1 on anyone's list.
The Great Wall is overrated. First of all, it's not really a wall at all, but a series of smaller walls that were built at a lot of differing times and were only later joined. The wall that we see today isn't the ancient wall built by the Zhou, but rather a new wall built during the Ming in only the 17th century, so it's not even from the ancient world. The original wall, or walls, are mostly lost now. Second, it really served little purpose. It was totally ineffective in the defense of China (mostly because it had so many holes in it) so Mongolians and such simply slipped through it. Lastly, it can't even be seen from the Moon as some claim. So, I call BS on this whole “Great Wall” thing.
theyre having a global vote to choose the new 7 wonders.go vote @ http://www.new7wonders.comthe first 6 were easy:kremlinpyramidsstatue of libertycolosseumgerman castletaj mahalbut now for 7 its between the eiffel tower and the easter island statues.the statues pwn but i cant not vote for eiffel...can i?
1) I hate you, and don't understand why you're not banned.2) This is a good topic and the only time I've ever witnessed you actually contributing. nice job.3) Your list totally sucks, which is expected.The Great Wall should definitely be #1, it was built 400 years ago without power tools. That crap is 4,000 miles long... that's longer than the distance between New York and LA. I don't care if much of it has eroded, that's freaking amazing. Also Yorke, last time I checked the Taj Mahal didn't help defend India either, that doesn't make it less impressive. The Taj is a solid #3. The Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, and the Sydney Opera House shouldn't even be on the list, imo. All they needed was some money and a construction company. The Pyramids are #2 because of how amazingly huge they are and how old they are.