is it possible to turn $10 into $10000 online???

Of course it's possible.For every 100 desparate idiots who buy in hoping to strike it rich but loses their entire buy in, there's 1 desparate idiot who wins big. And when you hear the story of that one particular desparate idiot who made it big, you dont hear about the other times when he was one of the 100 others. Those times were 'just for fun'.

Not depressing at all. I watch TV half that much and certainly didn't win 5000 watching TV.
If tv consisted of almost identical clips being replayed ad nauseam like poker hands play out, you certainly wouldnt be watching it all that much. A great deal of the appeal of poker comes from the potential for profit. There's no chance we'd be concerning ourselves over the game if there wasnt money on the line. It would take a pretty dull person to be genuinely interested in the game, if there was never anything of value on the line.
I don't think that's depressing, I think its inspiring! It might be discouraging if $10k a year was all that one could expect to make, but I look at it as showing what dedication, persistence, perseverence and hard work can accomplish. I mean, seriously, to go from $4 (four bucks!) to $10k in a year? That's an amazing return. It's not a good living, but it displays the skills necessary to earn one. After all, anyone who demonstrates the aforementioned dedication, persistence and perseverence, now combined with hard earned experience and armed with a bankroll capable of withstanding $15/$30 is almost surely going to be able to continue to beat his game of choice and earn some "real" money.
There's a finite limit to how far perseverence and dedication can take you. I think that it's great that he won 10k - far better than most. Making the leap from breaking even to being up 10k in a year is a lot different from making the leap from 10k a year to making a reasonably comfortable income, if you keep the number of hours played constant. Keep in mind that almost everyone at the 15/30 tables is likely capable of crushing the lower limits where he made his 10k. He cannot be an "average" player at 15/30 and be profitable. In fact, the _average_ player is clearly down quite a bit, nevermind making a comfortable income.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea...Why not put a challenge out there. If you can turn $10 into $1000 in 4 weeks will someone be willing to put up the $9000 to back you for the WSOP?You give them 90% of your winnings. You get 10%. With a $10 million first prize you still walk away a millionaire. If you lose, you lose $1000.I would consider investing $1000 into someone that could turn $10 into $1000 in 4 weeks. Now, if you find 8 others you are set.
assuming you're serious, how would you feel about backing someone who turned 20 dollars into 8000 playing strictly multitable tournaments, and only 2 a day on average? *pointing feverishly at myself*and yes, i realize that sounds silly, not to mention poor bankroll management, but i'm not talking about my entire roll, just my pokerroom account. i decided to throw 20 bucks into pokerroom to play a few multis after my friends told me they were lucrative. i'd say a 30% final table rate over 300 tourneys of over 100 entrants is lucrative, indeed. but do NOT consider this an invite to come take my dead money at pokerroom. =)

Something else not to forget about would be some deposit bonuses. Some places you can get as much as $500 for a new account (provided you meet the terms and conditions). This could help supplement your winnings if you moved your cash around a bit, although it might be a bit more trouble than it's worth.Shock

Turning 10 dollars into 10,000 in a few months is definitely possible.I had $25 dollars in my account and I turned that into over $10,000 in under a month. It was not easy though. I started out in the 6 dollar sit-n-go's, and slowly moved my way up to the live tables. After that I went to 2/4 and then 5/10. After a week or so of playing for 6-7 hours a day, I moved up to the 15/30 and then gradually 25/50 where I regularly play now (Add alot of stress on my eyes for staring at the computer screen all day and alot of backpain from sitting down so much).If you are motivated to achieve a $10,000 mark, then you must set realistic goals everyday though. Each week, I set an amount that I was determined to reach (i.e. Week one: $500 Week two: $2000 Week three: $5000.. and so forth)Im not saying it is easy, but it is definitely attainable. It all depends on how much effort you are willing to put into it.I hope this information was useful for you. Good luck.

If you are motivated to achieve a $10,000 mark, then you must set realistic goals everyday though. Each week, I set an amount that I was determined to reach (i.e. Week one: $500 Week two: $2000 Week three: $5000.. and so forth)
Setting goals like this is foolish, IMO. It's like setting goals for how often you roll a dice on an even number in 10 throws. The shorter the timeframe, the less control you have over the outcome when one of the determining factors of the outcome is chance.-adam

Well, this deff. can be done. One of my friends, who I got into online poker 2 months ago, started in betfair poker from the 0.10 pounds single tables tourneys and moved up slowly the limits. In two days he got from 3 euro wich he won firstly in a freeroll to 2300 euro (from when he reached the 300 euro mark he moved to the cash tables). He got to 7000 euro, got 4000 out lost the rest, except 23 euro. With those he got to 9000 euro again (with a win in the 14k pounds guarantee and a 2nd in the 2k guarantee). He lost most of it, except 125 euro. From those he got to 17.800 euro in 2 weeks time, all to come to almost an end yesterday, when he played 150/300 limits tables and lost around 15000 euro, going badly on tilt (plus he wouldn't want to listed and get 10k out and play with the rest DOH). Now he's trying to slowly rebuild to what he once had, but with more patience (I hope it lasts and doesn't make more big errors like yesterday).

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY PERFECTLY BY THE BOOKA good win rate is about 5-10BB/100, we'll be generous and give you a full 10 for the limits up to 5/10, then 5 BB higher than thatSo...25 BB/Hr until 5/10 then 15 from there onAm I being too generous for the low limit games/high limit games? Are the BB/100 rates a little high? I know they are very generous but I think they are manageable.
Not a snowballs chance.Try 3-4bb/100 below 1-2 and 2bb/100 from there onEven that will take some doing
If tv consisted of almost identical clips being replayed ad nauseam like poker hands play out, you certainly wouldnt be watching it all that much. A great deal of the appeal of poker comes from the potential for profit. There's no chance we'd be concerning ourselves over the game if there wasnt money on the line. It would take a pretty dull person to be genuinely interested in the game, if there was never anything of value on the line.
Bah, you could say the same thing about baseball or any other sport. Poker is highly entertaining even with no money on the line.
Once youve grinded out 10K, do you really want to put all of that towards a entry into the WSOP? I wouldnt make a direct buy in until I had 200K+...Satellites, Satellites, Satellites
This is the best idea I've read yet. I turned 6K into 16K in 2 months. Do I want to risk the 10K gain in July? No. I won't be the shooting star, but I won't be on the rail either.I don't know if 200K is a necessary bankroll for a one-time shot, but if I planned on playing many 10K buy-in events, it sounds about right.