I'm just playing a tourny and I had an idea. Both me and my brother play professionally. What if we joined our bankrolls and played our games but everything we won/lost would be split. This would encourage me to play more foucsed because I'm not just suffering if I make a bad call, my brother is too. Just wondering if anyone does this, and whether this would work?Thoughts?

you could start a "crew"I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.If either of you go busto, having someone else to stake you in a smaller game to rebuild would be a good agreement to have, but that's as far as I'd go with it.

I dont like it. Poker isn't a team sport and although i understand that you feel your play might improve because of it added focus due to being involved with someone else however you will find that eventaully something will give and an argument will start regarding how you play a certain hand ect ect. imagine the feeling you will have if your playing great and winning a decent amount only to see your brother downswinging and losing whatever you are winning. I see many problems coming from this.I think a better way would be to constantly talk about strategy together but keep your rolls and your results seperate.

If you both pro players and make a living at it, why change something that's working. Especially for something that if goes terribly wrong could ruin your brotherly relationship.

I kinda do this with a friend we split any tourny winnings of 1000 or more profit 70/30... we have been doing it for 3 or 4 years never a problem.. i made good money in last years pca he came in something like 12th i think.. give or take a couple spots.

Having a partnership in poker really doesn't sound like that bad of an idea at all (more hands, less variance). Maybe you should give it a try by sharing maybe 5-10% of eachother and work up from there just to see how it affects you both. Of course you would need to set some strict guidelines i.e. limits played, # hands played, stoplossess, etc. and maybe even make it a legal document before I would even try. If you do decide to go through w/ this, I would love to hear how it works out. Good luck.

Not really a new idea..Doyle and Johnny Moss and that other dude they played with all shared their roll. Worked for them Obv, but you probably aren't that good

i dont think id do it, maybe if you put like a limit on how much you each could lose in a day, cuz id hate to be the guy who had his whole bankrool diminished cuz my friend/bro went on tilt.

I currently play online with a partner using this method. We both put in half of our starting bankroll and we will split whatever winnings we go up. We did what exactly what you are suggesting because we both thought we had bad money management and would focus better if we were working together. We started just over 2 months ago and so far we've increased our bankroll by 50%. I hope it continues.

I currently play online with a partner using this method. We both put in half of our starting bankroll and we will split whatever winnings we go up. We did what exactly what you are suggesting because we both thought we had bad money management and would focus better if we were working together. We started just over 2 months ago and so far we've increased our bankroll by 50%. I hope it continues.
It took you 2 months to grow your bankroll by 50%?Are you playing waaaaay overrolled?

What a coincidence - in the latest Bluff magazine, Paul Wasicka has an article about this very idea. It's the issue w/ Jen Harman on the cover, and the article is located on page 104 and titled, "Joint Sessions."