400 Plo8, Broadway Wrap + Weak Flush Draw, Call Or Squeeze?

400 plo8, ring all stacks between $300 and $500 hero limps in MP with Aclub.gif Qheart.gif Jheart.gif 2heart.gif after one other limper. three other players limp behind, sb completes and bb checks. pot is $28, seven players. flop is Kspade.gif 10heart.gif 4heart.gif. sb bets out pot at $28, bb calls, and ep limper calls. action is to hero. (there are three players behind to act.) after hero's call (this site does not have a fold button, the only options are call and raise =D), pot will be $140, so a pot raise will be to $168. flat-call or raise? I thought this would be an excellent place for a semi-bluff squeeze, do you guys disagree? thanks, Aseem

PLO8 newb, so be gentle:my thoughts are this is an excellent place for several reasons, that I probably wouldn't have seen while playing the hand. With the callers, you'll be able to squeeze out most better flush draws, unless they have a strong piece with it. Given your Jh, Qh, its unlikely someone with the higher flush draw has other strong draws, so they'll be gone. Your pot raise is going to be large enough that anyone calling will be committing themselves, so they'll likely have KT or a set. you're a favourite against most hands like that even if they do make a stand.

400 plo8, ring all stacks between $300 and $500 hero limps in MP with Aclub.gif Qheart.gif Jheart.gif 2heart.gif after one other limper. three other players limp behind, sb completes and bb checks. pot is $28, seven players. flop is Kspade.gif 10heart.gif 4heart.gif. sb bets out pot at $28, bb calls, and ep limper calls. action is to hero. (there are three players behind to act.) after hero's call (this site does not have a fold button, the only options are call and raise =D), pot will be $140, so a pot raise will be to $168. flat-call or raise? I thought this would be an excellent place for a semi-bluff squeeze, do you guys disagree? thanks, Aseem
i'd put in a big raise looking to isolate the SB in position which hopefully will get us a free card on the turn or let us control pot size.

I flat call here.You make money with this hand by freerolling other broadway hands, or by making nut low with a flush on the river.......not by letting the set get all-in oop on the flop.Lets say a non-heart low comes on the turn......would you rather call 140 or put your stack in on a draw? With the button you can control the pot size....and this is a great place to do that.

after hero's call (this site does not have a fold button, the only options are call and raise =D)
Only an idiot would fold here...I think a call is best here. We don't mind any more callers really and with only 11 outs to the nuts, we can avoid unneccessarily drawing dead on the turn(Paired board/nut flush). Also, there's the fact that if we don't dead-brick, then it's likely we'll have hit nuts, or picked up the low draw(90% in the event of a non-dead-brick), and can make a much better decision on the turn depending on the bets, players in etc.We may even pick up extra scoop outs depending on what happens. Chamonyx's post explains why we can play a much better game on the turn, having committed little on the flop.

wow. i did the calculations and i thought our hand would have way more equity against a somewhat naked set.if we can discount some of our outs in the other players hands, it looks like smooth calling may be best.