Borgata Update Thread

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doinsublime, good job with managing the thread. Very high probability of landing your first TOTD.GL Daniel and have a great weekend to all!

I am not a violent guy but I think I might have rough JG up if he was in my face like that. But what is the guy pushing all of his chips with Ace high. Fold and pick a better spot.
He had the nut flush draw and 2 overs. I think that is a little better than just A high don't you? :club:

Cardplayer has no respect for Daniel.I mean come on, at least make the title something like "Daniel loses over half his stack!"Erik Cajelais Doubles UpErik Cajelais has just doubled up when his pocket kings held up against his opponent's pocket jacks. Cajelais now sits on about $96,000 chips.

Wow bad luck Daniel. Lets hope Ivey can put a show. He got 30k chips at the moment
Note about Ivey. He was playing about 80 % of the hands dealt to him in the 1st 2 levels. Smooth calling small raises,and taking lots of flops. Never got involved in any huge pots. he was hovering just above the starting stacks the last time I saw him. (small ball ???)He then must have gotten moved, once DN arrived I was at his table, then before I left I walked around the room, but Ivey wasnt at his seat from the start.

More NotesFriday, January 26, 2007 02:58 PM PST - Shannon Shorr as just been moved into the already tough table anchored by Bill Chen and Phil Ivey. Of Ivey, Chen joked “he’s not as tough as everyone says he is” referring to Ivey now being absent for over an hour and a half. Presumably, the small stakes in the early rounds were boring the action-driven star.- Shane “Shaniac” Shleger was talking about some tennis he was playing while down at the Aussie Millions. Apparently, he was playing throughout the week with Alex Jacob, Patrick Antonius and others while the best women pros in the world were down there.According the Shane, this biggest difference between our two games is the fact in poker, we want the bad players to play. It seems that while the likes of Maria Sharapova were trying to practice, our pros were donking it up on the adjacent court. Amateurs tend to interrupt games on either side of them when playing tennis, and this was no exception. World is the ladies weren’t entirely impressed.- I asked John D’Agostino about the caliber of play here. He wasn’t shy with his opinions. “These guys can’t play for s***, and you can quote me on that.” Dags’ comments didn’t come from bitterness: He’s sitting on T50,000 chips right now!Fri Jan 26 15:06:00 PST 2007Alan Goehring EliminatedAlan Goehring has been eliminated from the 2007 Borgata Winter Poker Open.Fri Jan 26 14:58:00 PST 2007Early $100K PlayersJoe Pelton, Devin Porter and Jaime Gold have already vaulted over the $100,000 chip mark.

He had the nut flush draw and 2 overs. I think that is a little better than just A high don't you? :D
The suits weren't called out. My bad. :club:

Rousso Bust One With AcesFriday, January 26, 2007 03:19 PM PST In a pot that Gavin Smith and John Juanda limped in, Vanessa Rousso raises to T3,000. Action folds to the small blind who re-raises to T10,000. The big blind and limpers get out of the way and Rousso then re-raises to put her opponent all-in. He puts his last T14,000 in the pot and flips over pocket queens, but Rousso shows AA.The board comes JJ1036and Rousso takes down the nice pot.

The suits weren't called out. My bad. :club:
No worries, just messing with ya bud. I am not as mean as some of the other posters on here.Welcome to the forum.

Bill Chen EliminatedFriday, January 26, 2007 03:23 PM PST Bill Chen was eliminated from the tournament when his pocket jacks failed to improve against his opponents pocket kings.Friday, 26th of January 2007 05:32 PMPlayers to go on dinner break, updates a no-go until they return.

This dinner break announcement is brought to you by:Sexy hot lesbianssexy_pics_5_jpg.jpgBack to our regularly scheduled programming shortly.

This dinner break announcement is brought to you by:Sexy hot lesbianssexy_pics_5_jpg.jpgBack to our regularly scheduled programming shortly.
gotta go to the washroom, RIGHT NOW :club:

Prop BetsFriday, January 26, 2007 03:40 PM PST Things are going slow and steady here, so I just wanted to mentinion a few prop bet-based conversations I've been having with some of the players. Here's a few I've been hearing about:- Brad Booth and Roland de Wolfe had a bet at the Five Diamond where they'd match whatever the other made in the tournament. So, for example, if Roland made $200,000, Brad would have had to pay him as much.- John Phan and Chris Reslock have a last-longer bet going here.- Bill Gazes and Ted Forrest once made a $5,000 bet based on a pregnant woman. She was thre months pregnant, while a friend of theirs, Larry Tedaro, was looking a lot bigger than she was. Bill bet that she's be bigger than Larry before the birth. After the bet, a doctor at their table told Bill he'd made a bad bet because a pregnancy doesn't increase the size of the back, where Larry had some excess baggage. The doctor was right.

It's about time DN Terio'd us with an acurate chip count and told us how he got back to the mid 20K level. What's he thinking, he has now set a new precident!! :club:
Its about time u learned how to spell

Woulda been funny if he got on during dinner break, all excited to update us fans. Gets on, loads it up, a bunch of pictures pop up,"What the hell?"