How do you deal with donkeys? Honestly, what can you do to stop them? I played a live $1/$2nl game last night and UTG I look down to see AcAd. I raise $25 preflop. Two players call (one which is a donkey). Flop comes Q 2 5 offsuit. I bet $85, one guy folds and the donkey calls. Turn comes 7c and I push all in for my last $120. Donkey thinks for 5 seconds and calls. We flip them over and he has A 2 offsuit. He calls a big flop bet and an all in with a pair of deuces. The entire table is looking at him crazy including myself. This is close to a $500 pot and he calls with a pair of twos. Well, you guessed it. The river comes another 2. He hits a 2 outer on the river and the dealer shoves all the chips his way.Honestly, what else could I have done?

How do you deal with donkeys? Honestly, what can you do to stop them? I played a live $1/$2nl game last night and UTG I look down to see AcAd. I raise $25 preflop. Two players call (one which is a donkey). Flop comes Q 2 5 offsuit. I bet $85, one guy folds and the donkey calls. Turn comes 7c and I push all in for my last $120. Donkey thinks for 5 seconds and calls. We flip them over and he has A 2 offsuit. He calls a big flop bet and an all in with a pair of deuces. The entire table is looking at him crazy including myself. This is close to a $500 pot and he calls with a pair of twos. Well, you guessed it. The river comes another 2. He hits a 2 outer on the river and the dealer shoves all the chips his way.Honestly, what else could I have done?
Nothing. Lock er up!
Honestly, what else could I have done?
Nothing, he just got lucky that one time and you were the one that took the bad beat. That guy would have called no matter what you've done I think... Take it a like a man and keep in mind that he probably has lost 10 times the amount he won on that hand if that's the way he plays.

You can only hope to play him more in the long term. Last night, I was in a Montreal Open tourney on Full Tilt, I get AJ Diamonds in UTG, so I limp in, couple of other limpers, including the BB. Flop comes AJ7 rainbow, so I lead out with a bet of slightly less than half the pot. Only caller is BB. Pot is now almost equal to my stack, so I shove, BB calls and has me covered by 1K or so. His cards? 87o for bottom pair. Naturally, he hits a 7 on the river and I'm out.As long as they keep making plays like this and consider themselves a genius, you'll make money from them. Now, suck it up and move along, soldier!

Not a serious question is it? You're just stinging from the result of that hand right? That guy is WHY YOU PLAY POKER, without "him" you wouldn't make as much as you do. I hope you immediately reloaded and tried to get it back.

I can't fold trips with top kicker, I'm not that good.

Step 1: Smile and say, "nice hand"Step 2: Rebuy in for the maximum, or enough to cover the donkey if there is no maximumStep 3: Tag the donkey with a GPS tracking device so that you will know whenever he is at a poker table.Step 4: Kick over old ladies and paralyzed veterans in order to sit down at a table with the donkey in the future.Step 5: Buy lots of stuff with all the money you make off of him by getting the chips in the middle as a 21:1 favorite as often as possible.

PLEASE HONESTLY WOW OMGI just came on here to vent and start a post allmsot exactly the same.. like hoenstly WTF I CANT TAKE IT ANY MORE..... every says ull get all the money in the long run. well **** TAHT THE MOTHER ****IGN DONKEYS OUTNUMBERS not ppl who are good... but more or else know what the **** THEY ARE DOING!.... i dont know what to do...... its outrageous......i keep saying the same thing 2.... but u know what the ****ing suckouts dont add up to the wins/ my suck outs/ BECUASE THESE IDIOTS PUT THERE MONEY IN WITH **** AND HIT EVERY ****IGN TIEM. U CANT STOP THEM

What I wouldn't do is complain. Would you rather he called with a better hand?
Honestly, I would have wished he called with a better hand. At least that would have justified a call. If he would have called with top pair on the board (Queen) that would have been better. How do you justify putting all your money in on the turn with bottom pair (Deuce)??? That is just insane to me, maybe it makes sense to some of you are reading this, but thats just me. There is no way in hell that I am going to go all in with a pair of deuces. I don't mean to sound like a sore loser or a complainer, but it's calls like that by donkeys that just irritate me.
Honestly, I would have wished he called with a better hand. At least that would have justified a call. If he would have called with top pair on the board (Queen) that would have been better. How do you justify putting all your money in on the turn with bottom pair (Deuce)??? That is just insane to me, maybe it makes sense to some of you are reading this, but thats just me. There is no way in hell that I am going to go all in with a pair of deuces. I don't mean to sound like a sore loser or a complainer, but it's calls like that by donkeys that just irritate me.
You obviously do not understand this game if you believe the statement you made above. Why would you possibly want him calling with a better hand? I've never understood this about beginning players. I'm willing to bet you made it obvious that it got to you didn't you? You may have even made a remark about how bad of a call it was too? It's hard for people to tell what side of the glass they're on sometimes isn't it?

It's hard for people to tell what side of the glass they're on sometimes isn't it?LOL!!!Seriously man, if you don't want that call then you don't want to play poker. That's one of the worst calls possible, therefore you likey no matter what the result is. PERIOD

but it's calls like that by donkeys that just build my bankroll over the long-term, even though these short-term loses feel pretty bad.
FYP
I really hate to be the logical one in situations like these, so far be it from me to point out that you were more than happy to stick in all your money with just one pair. I'd never say that, but someone else might.
Who the hell raises $25 preflop in a 1/2 game?I think you need to take a long look in the mirror before you start calling others donkeys.
fold preflop
That's because you suck at poker.Not as bad as the guy who called you with A2. ... but im guessing it's close.