Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the allstar break come and gone it's time to focus on the post season push.I invite all my fellow Canuckleheads to show their support here.Canuck - Slang for Canadianhttp://www.canucks.com/

Heh... the Sesito pick "The 228-pound forward was originally selected by Columbus in the third round, 85th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft." was covered in that Gare Joyce classic "Future Greats

Maybe, hard to tell. By the way, your organisation has some work to do as well If I remember correctly your last 8 games was somewhat of a record in your sweet city.. Atlanta Thrashers- thats the

Rumour: 25th overall pick and Ryan Kessler to Philly for #2 pick.What you guys think about that move. I am very conlficted as I feel the Canucks are a now team not a rebuilding team but top 2 players in the draft are very hard to come by. Turris is at least 2 years away but if the Yzerman, Sakic comparisons are close its something we would regret not doing for the next 15 years +. I love Kesslers game but a potetional top 10 forward in the game is hard to pass on.

Rumour: 25th overall pick and Ryan Kessler to Philly for #2 pick.What you guys think about that move. I am very conlficted as I feel the Canucks are a now team not a rebuilding team but top 2 players in the draft are very hard to come by. Turris is at least 2 years away but if the Yzerman, Sakic comparisons are close its something we would regret not doing for the next 15 years +. I love Kesslers game but a potetional top 10 forward in the game is hard to pass on.
This rumour (or a similar trade) is picking up steam. I am a big fan of Kesler, I think he could develope into a Mike Fisher type of player very quickly. That being said, I think you have to make this trade. The Canucks have needed legitimate #1 center pretty much forever.
I think Philly will get better offers.
I say do it for sure. I just realized it's time for a new thread now that the playoffs are over.
Think the Habs move up to secure Esposito?
I dont think they will. They may investigate the cost to do so, but I think it may be beyond their wishes. Gainey doesnt strike me as a get a player cause of the name/hometown kind of GM.am I wrong DM?
I dont think they will. They may investigate the cost to do so, but I think it may be beyond their wishes. Gainey doesnt strike me as a get a player cause of the name/hometown kind of GM.am I wrong DM?
I think Gainey would like to move up but I don't think it's specifically for Esposito. Obviously he would like to move into the top 3 but I don't think he's willing to pay the asking price (Good IMO). If he can move ahead of Carolina (they've interviewed Esposito 3 times) cheaply then he will do it but I think he will get a good prospect at 12th so he doesn't need to sell the farm to move up.It wouldn't surprise me to see Gainey trade one or even two of the first round picks if he can get a quality player in a big deal. If Esposito is available at 12th Gainey must take him.
If he can move ahead of Carolina (they've interviewed Esposito 3 times) cheaply then he will do it but I think he will get a good prospect at 12th so he doesn't need to sell the farm to move up.
wow, been out of the loop recently, didnt know that about the Canes/Espo. interesting.i agree with your insight on Gainey/Habs/Espo. makes sense based on what i had heard before, and you would know best anyway.
  • 5 years later...

With the allstar break come and gone it's time to focus on the post season push.I invite all my fellow Canuckleheads to show their support here.26_7_23.gifCanuck - Slang for Canadianhttp://<span style="...cks.com</span>/canucks_sm.gifVancouver%20Canucks%20logo.jpg

Since this thread seem to be a little down for the moment, I thought it proper to show some support.

He does have a lot of serge-like qualities:

Making fun of Buins/Habs logos - check

bumping 6 year old threads - check

He does have a lot of serge-like qualities:

Making fun of Buins/Habs logos - check

bumping 6 year old threads - check

I am starting to like this Serge dude.

Apparently he does not support the toilet-seats either :icon_smile:

Heh... the Sesito pick "The 228-pound forward was originally selected by Columbus in the third round, 85th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft." was covered in that Gare Joyce classic "Future Greats and Hearbreaks: A Year Undercover in the Secret World of NHL Scouts" ( http://www.amazon.ca.../dp/0385664419/ ).

It's no wonder that Columbus is the gong show that it is -- basically after the two round they basically had no clue who to pick and were guessing at names they had seen around. Though the fact Sesito has actually made it to the NHL for a couple of cups of coffee and this 2-year deal (as a 3rd round pick isn't terrible).

Best quote in the announcement comments: Gills, have you been handing out with Rob Ford and the crack pipe?

• Like 1

Fenxis, I am just another guy on other side of the atlantic and got no clue,

but instinctively this appear as a brainfart sign to me.

Coach V was needed as a scapegoat, now this?

What kind of whiskey does this Gillis dude drink, for sure it cant be Bushmill's..

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Several more seasons of misery?

Maybe, hard to tell.

By the way, your organisation has some work to do as well ;)

If I remember correctly your last 8 games was somewhat of a record in your sweet city.. :8d Atlanta Thrashers- thats the name of the team, yes?

• Like 1

Am I the only one that was a fan of Jim Benning the dman for the Toronto Maple Leafs?

Loved that guy as a player...

Leaf dman from Carlyle to Benning dominate the scene..

Borje Salming for coach of the Wings?

Fred Boimistruck for towel boy of the Capitals?

Al Iafrate for GM Of the Penguins?

Ian Turnbull for advisor of the LA Kings?