W.p.t Tunica Final Table - Discussion/update Thread

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Kainer 2,020,000 Bryan Sumner 1,150,000 Young Cho 800,000 Daniel Negreanu 735,000 Kido Pham 730,000 JC Tran 540,000Daniel Negreanu bets T120,000 and Gary Kainer raises to T350,00 total. Negreanu re-raises all-in for T385,000 more. Kainer calls.Kainer: AKNegreanu: AQBoard: AQ683Negreanu doubles up to T1,600,000 and he is now the chip leader.
Where's the Short-Stacked Gary Kainer When You Need Him?Thursday, January 25, 2007 06:24 PM PSTGary Kainer was willing to risk it all time and again when he was short-stacked. Now, no one seems interested in seeing a turn, let alone a showdown.We're sixty hands in wihout an elimination, which might he getting into an unchartered stratosphere. We haven't seen a turn in the last ten hands. Something's going to have to give soon.
Daniel Negreanu bets T120,000 and Gary Kainer raises to T350,00 total. Negreanu re-raises all-in for T385,000 more. Kainer calls.Kainer: AKNegreanu: AQBoard: AQ683Negreanu doubles up to T1,600,000 and he is now the chip leader.
Hand 63Thursday, January 25, 2007 06:28 PM PSTDaniel Negreanu bets T120,000 and Gary Kainer raises to T350,00 total. Negreanu re-raises all-in for T385,000 more. Kainer calls.Kainer: AKNegreanu: AQBoard: AQ683Negreanu doubles up to T1,600,000 and he is now the chip leader.
lol I figured this would be widely publicized :)what could he do though, fold? itsch dont sink so.

Wow the latest chip counts are crazy close if either of the short stacks doubles up they are right back in the action. Gotta love the WPT final table all-in fests. JC Tran is sitting with $340,000 or a little under 7 Big Blinds! DN is the chip leader and has only 32 Big Blinds.

That would be a little difficult....as he said.I have five jerseys with me for this leg of my trip:Vancouver Canucks: Roberto LuongoLos Angeles Kings: Anze KopitarAnahiem Ducks: Corey PerryChicago Black Hawks: Brent SeabrookFlorida Panthers: Olli Jokinen.So I'm going with Vancouver Canucks: Roberto Luongo
All those players are on his fantasy team FYI.
It's been long enough, the wpt seriously has to get their s*** together. milliondollarflipaments are not cool.
QFMFT, they are always concerned with running out of tapehere's an idea, BRING MORE, your the WPT, you can afford it
QFMFT, they are always concerned with running out of tapehere's an idea, BRING MORE, your the WPT, you can afford it
Anyone who says it's about the tape is lying through their teeth. It's not about the tape.
It's been long enough, the wpt seriously has to get their s*** together. milliondollarflipaments are not cool.
QFTThey can edit out the hundreds of hands the casual TV audience doesn't want to see, and only show the occasional big bluff and called all-in but they need to slow this structure way down for it to be close to "normal" poker.
Anyone who says it's about the tape is lying through their teeth. It's not about the tape.
Whenever someone says: "It's not about the tape".It's about the tape :club:
Yea exactly, by forcing players to constantly go "all in" the average joe is able to understand what is going on. When plays get tricky with bluffs, I imagine the WPT feels it could affect ratings as those who don't fully appreciate or understand the game will lose interest.

From Daniels Blog:The final table starts at 5:00pm today and will likely run till about 11:00pm. That creates a small problem for me, JC, and Kido, since we all plan on attending the Borgata tournament which starts at 11:00am the next morning. Since it would be impossible to catch a commercial flight to AC at that late hour, we’ve decided to charter a plan and all go together along with Nam Le. We’ll likely end up arriving in AC at about 3:00am, giving us time to take a quick nap before the 11:00am start timeThe way this going I think he was a little off. Hope the jet is not sitting there running or they will have to refuel. :club:

Yea exactly, by forcing players to constantly go "all in" the average joe is able to understand what is going on. When plays get tricky with bluffs, I imagine the WPT feels it could affect ratings as those who don't fully appreciate or understand the game will lose interest.
Absolutely. Not that they've ever tested this theory.Another advantage for them is less footage means less time to edit (aka lower post-production costs). Both are poor excuses in my book. They should be a poker tournament first, television show second.