W.p.t Tunica Final Table - Discussion/update Thread

Here is something for discussion.If you are Young Cho with 2.5 mil in chips seated between DN and Kido what is your strategy for the final table.
Ultra TAG with huge preflop moves. Never let anyone see a cheap flop, esp from the BB. Limp with position with speculative hands like suited connectors and bet/raise hard for value when you hit a flop.Bouncing Pixie FTW!
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cho shouldn't be underestimated. Luckily for me I have position and he makes one play on regular basis that could be his doom if things turn out the way that I'm hoping they will. Again, when I finish my book, I'll be explaining sb vs. bb situations and how to approach playing from the SB. Cho makes the worst possible move in this situation and although he got lucky on me one time, if he keeps making this crucial error it's too big of a mistake for anyone to overcome.

Good Luck DN hopefully u can take it down.If anyone confirms for sure whether he'll be at the Borgata can you please post it. I'm probably going to make the drive up there to rail him but don't want to if he's not going to be there..

Cho shouldn't be underestimated. Luckily for me I have position and he makes one play on regular basis that could be his doom if things turn out the way that I'm hoping they will. Again, when I finish my book, I'll be explaining sb vs. bb situations and how to approach playing from the SB. Cho makes the worst possible move in this situation and although he got lucky on me one time, if he keeps making this crucial error it's too big of a mistake for anyone to overcome.
Take this down!!! Im sure you will come up with a good strategy for the FT which seems to be an interesting one. GL
Good Luck DN hopefully u can take it down.If anyone confirms for sure whether he'll be at the Borgata can you please post it. I'm probably going to make the drive up there to rail him but don't want to if he's not going to be there..
From DN's blog posted today...."The final table starts at 5:00pm today and will likely run till about 11:00pm. That creates a small problem for me, JC, and Kido, since we all plan on attending the Borgata tournament which starts at 11:00am the next morning. Since it would be impossible to catch a commercial flight to AC at that late hour, we’ve decided to charter a plan and all go together along with Nam Le. We’ll likely end up arriving in AC at about 3:00am, giving us time to take a quick nap before the 11:00am start time.If I’m too tired to get there on time, I may end up sleeping through the first level. With 30,000 in chips and 25-50 blinds to start, that wouldn’t hurt me too bad and it’ll be tough to keep my streak alive at five having to play 10 full days of poker with no break. I’ll most likely put my game on auto-pilot on day one of the Borgata, looking to just survive rather than thrive."
he should wear a fcp hat covered in duct tape. or get one done up that says "this is not a poker site cap".
Or...
In fact, when I play in the next WPT tournament my hat will not read "Full Contact Poker." No, instead, it will simply read, "I love Speedz."
Anyone know if DN still plans on playing Borgata main event? I believe it starts tomorrow. I would have to assume the mental/physical grind of playing a final table would effect that, but just curious if he has said either way. Good luck DN.
I will be at the Borgata by 2PM tomorrow and will be there the whole weekend. I am so PSYCHED that he is definately coming now! :)Take this shiiizzz down today DN!!
From DN's blog posted today...."The final table starts at 5:00pm today and will likely run till about 11:00pm. That creates a small problem for me, JC, and Kido, since we all plan on attending the Borgata tournament which starts at 11:00am the next morning. Since it would be impossible to catch a commercial flight to AC at that late hour, we’ve decided to charter a plan and all go together along with Nam Le. We’ll likely end up arriving in AC at about 3:00am, giving us time to take a quick nap before the 11:00am start time.If I’m too tired to get there on time, I may end up sleeping through the first level. With 30,000 in chips and 25-50 blinds to start, that wouldn’t hurt me too bad and it’ll be tough to keep my streak alive at five having to play 10 full days of poker with no break. I’ll most likely put my game on auto-pilot on day one of the Borgata, looking to just survive rather than thrive."
Thanks, I don't normally get to read his blog until later in the evening!!

Seat 1: Gary Kainer 514,000- Despite having a decent sized stack, Gary shows little interest in making standard sized raises, instead making large over-sized all in bets pre-flop when he decides to play. If he does happen to get to a flop, he is a bettor and not a caller.Seat 2: JC Tran 181,000 - A great player. Has started re-raising before the flop more than I once remembered, but is also more than willing to see flops. With his chip count, though, he is left with no choice but to play for it all when he decides to play. If he is able to double up even once, he all of a sudden becomes a dangerous threat. At the moment, he is left defenseless and will have to hope for a hand.Seat 3: Bryan Sumner 596,000- I don't like his approach. A total pre-flop player that plays a pretty ABC game for the most part. Looks to gamble pre-flop by coming over the top of raises. The WPT final table structure will help him out in a big way since the focus becomes pre-flop play at these crapshoot like final tables.Seat 4: Kido Phan 781,000- All kinds of gear shifting, creative play, and determination make this guy a tough, tough, opponent. Has a lot of gamble in him, but showed, specifically at this final table that he knows how to slow down and wait to pick his spots. He is probably the most creative player on the tour right now and he fights for every pot he enters.Seat 5: Young Cho 2,570,000- I wasn't sure what to make of this player until finally getting a chance to play with him at the final table. He isn't to be underestimated. Another crafty player that is conscious about protecting his stack, while at the same time will make moves at pots when he senses weakness. I was expecting him to be a little sloppy, but he hasn't shown any signs of over playing his hands yet. He makes one mistake from the small blind that I'm going to look to exploit since I have position on him.Seat 6: Me! 1,296,000- Looking for my opponents to make the mistakes. Will do my best to play my game up until the structure takes over and forces the action. At that point, I'll be forced to focus on plan B which is... lol, like I'm going to post that, lol.

Seat 1: Gary Kainer 514,000- Despite having a decent sized stack, Gary shows little interest in making standard sized raises, instead making large over-sized all in bets pre-flop when he decides to play. If he does happen to get to a flop, he is a bettor and not a caller.Seat 2: JC Tran 181,000 - A great player. Has started re-raising before the flop more than I once remembered, but is also more than willing to see flops. With his chip count, though, he is left with no choice but to play for it all when he decides to play. If he is able to double up even once, he all of a sudden becomes a dangerous threat. At the moment, he is left defenseless and will have to hope for a hand.Seat 3: Bryan Sumner 596,000- I don't like his approach. A total pre-flop player that plays a pretty ABC game for the most part. Looks to gamble pre-flop by coming over the top of raises. The WPT final table structure will help him out in a big way since the focus becomes pre-flop play at these crapshoot like final tables.Seat 4: Kido Phan 781,000- All kinds of gear shifting, creative play, and determination make this guy a tough, tough, opponent. Has a lot of gamble in him, but showed, specifically at this final table that he knows how to slow down and wait to pick his spots. He is probably the most creative player on the tour right now and he fights for every pot he enters.Seat 5: Young Cho 2,570,000- I wasn't sure what to make of this player until finally getting a chance to play with him at the final table. He isn't to be underestimated. Another crafty player that is conscious about protecting his stack, while at the same time will make moves at pots when he senses weakness. I was expecting him to be a little sloppy, but he hasn't shown any signs of over playing his hands yet. He makes one mistake from the small blind that I'm going to look to exploit since I have position on him.Seat 6: Me! 1,296,000- Looking for my opponents to make the mistakes. Will do my best to play my game up until the structure takes over and forces the action. At that point, I'll be forced to focus on plan B which is... lol, like I'm going to post that, lol.
The following couild be a new topic, but I don't feel like starting a new topic and having to put on my flame retardant suit: If you made a final table with DN, what would DN write in his blog about your poker abilities?Mine: Total donkey. Has 5 or 6 explotable flaws in his game. I don't know how he made it to the final table. Dude, please shower.

How long does usually take before these WPT final table are aired (all the editing is finished, etc.)? I was never really clear on this as I typically don't follow the live tournament and the televised tournament in sequence, if you get what I mean. Thanks.

How long does usually take before these WPT final table are aired (all the editing is finished, etc.)? I was never really clear on this as I typically don't follow the live tournament and the televised tournament in sequence, if you get what I mean. Thanks.
Don't quote me but it's usually a few months in the U.S. and almost 2 years in Canada (I don't think I'm that far off).
This is from Cardplayer.com:
Seat Player Chip Count1 Gary Kainer $514,0002 J.C. Tran $181,0003 Brian Sumner $596,0004 Kido Pham $731,0005 Daniel Negreanu $1,296,0006 Young Cho $2,571,000
I assume Daniel, you have better info, but, maybe check this and make sure before it all starts? If you are working on positional strategy now, you don't want to be surprised when you walk up to the table.
Take it down, luckbox!Ray(If anyone is wondering why I suddenly started calling Daniel a luckbox its because a)well, just read the coverage of his suckouts this event and B) I'm a jealous bitter man)
Careful Ray, touchy crowd around these here parts.