Pancake is dealt Q :club: 5 :) in the SB (Heads up)Pre-flop:Pancake raises, BB 3-bets, Pancake calls. Flop: 6 :) T :D Q :DBB bets, Pancake raises, BB callsTurn: 6 :) T :D Q :D K :icon_dance: BB checks, Pancake bets, BB check-raises, Pancake...First hand played on the night...Thoughts?

What's check-raising that I beat here, besides a bluff though?
Are you seriously considering a fold here? You'd better have a stupid-strong read to muck this. Impossible. First hand. Plus it's worth the two bets to see a showdown and figure out what he's doing.

You gotta call this. 1, it's HU!2, besides being HU, it's the first hand, call for info.3, it's HU!Whats C/R'ing? flush draw, A high gutshot draw (or A-6/T) but more likely just A high, J-T/x open draw... The thing is it's first hand HU, you're either going to have the best hand a decent amount of time, or you'll get info on villian (what did he 3bet with pf, whats he raising turn with, flop action with...)Call, and you might see him check the river, if not, i still call down.

What's check-raising that I beat here, besides a bluff though?
Not much.But in heads-up, it is a bluff a lot of the time.That's just the nature of the game.2nd pair is showdown worthy.--CM