I won free passes to see a preview of it tonight in Boston, I think it looks like a decent movie. Nothing too creative, but it should be fun.Hopefully Ari Gold is in it, and not Piven.Review when I get back, if I remember.

I won free passes to see a preview of it tonight in Boston, I think it looks like a decent movie. Nothing too creative, but it should be fun.Hopefully Ari Gold is in it, and not Piven.Review when I get back, if I remember.
Piven is great, he always cracks me up. There are quite a few other good cast memebers and it just looks like a fun type of movie. I plan on checking it out this weekend.

The movie I compare it most to (and someone else did on the way out as well) would be Sin City, minus (most of) the comic book-ness. The story as a whole is very good, but I definately would have told it a different way. The violence is overwhelming to the point of funny, which is obviously what they were trying for. At first it seems really graphic, but then it just keeps rising on the violence scale until there's no regard for any of the characters. Van Wilder (whatever his name is) is hard to take as a serious actor, but he does an alright job. He's much better at playing the funny guy though. I thought Piven should have had about 3x as many lines, and he kind of stumbles through a few, although it was kind of on purpose. But after seeing Ari Gold toss out insults like candy on Halloween, watching him think through his lines just didn't do it for me.It's a pretty ridiculous movie with a good twist at the end, one that I would have liked to have seen develop more, and the actual ending could definately have been better.I liked it, it was fun, and it's not for the faint of heart. I just think it could have been a Sin-City quality movie if they changed some things around and focused on some of the story more. B

They showed it before it came out at my shcool, I didn't like it all.D-
yea my B rating is too high, but B is what i wanted the movie to be. It's definately a C for me. Not a D- though.Anyone ever listen to the band F-minus? They were pretty terrible. I saw them open for AFI once. yuck.

that's frightening. You made it through 4 (probably closer to 5) years of college spelling that word wrong? I guess Stern was right, BU is just silly. Go Terriers.

that's frightening. You made it through 4 (probably closer to 5) years of college spelling that word wrong? I guess Stern was right, BU is just silly. Go Terriers.
Nah dude i made it thru in an e-z 4 years. it's just one of those things that auto-corrects itself in word these days. i miss the old spell check. BU is what you make it. great teachers, but in COM grades don't really mean that much, so its not overly hard to graduate. i just have the personality of a cat with down's syndrome so i didn't get out of it what i should have. It's a very expensive good school though.Wamp Wamp.

Absolutely hated it. It was uninspired, trite, and tried to be too many things at once. It tried to be cool, and you can't try to be cool - you just are or you aren't. It wasn't cool.

Absolutely hated it. It was uninspired, trite, and tried to be too many things at once. It tried to be cool, and you can't try to be cool - you just are or you aren't. It wasn't cool.
Generally agree.First time i've ever liked ryan reynolds in a movie though...maybe. Alicia Keys is hot.goodbye.
First time i've ever liked ryan reynolds in a movie though...maybe.
I really enjoyed him in Van Wilder. And yeah, this movie sucked. They made it too much about the plot. No one who saw this movie went for some complicated plot that ended in a very expected twist, they came to see cool action, crazy characters, Ari Gold, and a bunch of other stuff. It was very lacking in those departments.

I was really looking forward to this movie and part of me still wants to like it, but it really wasn't very good. I like ensemble, fast-paced movies, but it was too convoluted and overrun for its runtime. There were a lot of subplots that could have been expanded (and several that could have been cut). I also didn't really come away feeling as though there was a point.

After reading a lot of negative and disappointed reviews for this movie, I decided that I wasn't going to see it in theaters, and rather wait until it came out on DVD. Fortunately, the little Chinese DVD bootleg salesman came into my job tonight, and I found a copy for $5. Quality sucked, but what do you expect for $5... aaaaaanyway, since I went into it with low expectations, and two vicodins coursing through my system, I found it very enjoyable. Yeah, it definately wasn't the new Ocean's 11, or whatever people were hyping it up to be, and it wasn't a masterpiece, but it was enjoyable. The ending did seem a bit stretched to me, and it's really the only point where I thought that they were trying too hard. The characters were cartoony, but I assume that was intentional. Ryan Renolds was surprisingly good, and both Piven and Ray Liotta are man-crushes of mine who can do no wrong. This movie and their performances were enough to continue that, and I really can't complain. I actually might go see it in theaters, since I feel like the quality of the bootleg negatively effected my perception of some parts. Overall though, not nearly as bad as I expected. I'd see it again.

I was really looking forward to this movie and part of me still wants to like it, but it really wasn't very good. I like ensemble, fast-paced movies, but it was too convoluted and overrun for its runtime. There were a lot of subplots that could have been expanded (and several that could have been cut). I also didn't really come away feeling as though there was a point.
That is a really good description of it. I have nothing to add. I am still trying to convince myself that I liked it.Even though I thought it was bad, I would still see a sequal just because I think it was close to being a really good movie.
That is a really good description of it. I have nothing to add. I am still trying to convince myself that I liked it.Even though I thought it was bad, I would still see a sequal just because I think it was close to being a really good movie.
This makes so little sense it almost hurts.