List Of 62 National Heads-up Poker Players

List of 62 National Heads-Up Poker Players OutNational Heads-Up Poker Championship Takes Place in MarchThe final list of 62 players invited to compete in the third NBC’s National Heads-Up Championship has been set. The last two players will be determined through freerolls at NBC’s website, and a super satellite that takes place at Caesars Palace Feb. 10. The NHPC takes place there March 1-4. Last year’s defending champ Ted Forrest will be there, as will Phil Hellmuth, who won the first edition in 2005. Chris Ferguson, who made it to the finals both years, will also play. Several celebrities garnered an invite this year. They include Don Cheadle, Elizabeth Shannon, Cheryl Hines, and Jennifer Tilly. Card Player’s Jeff Shulman will also play. The tournament will be shown on NBC starting in April. The broadcast schedule is as follows: April 8 - Noon to 1 p.m. ET (3-4 p.m. PT) April 15 - Noon to 1 p.m. ET (3-4 p.m. PT) April 22 - Noon to 1 p.m. ET (3-4 p.m. PT) April 29 - Noon to 2 p.m. ET (3-5 p.m. PT) May 6 - Noon to 2 p.m. ET (3-5 p.m. PT) May 13 - Noon to 2 p.m. ET (4-6 p.m. PT) May 20 - Noon to 3 p.m. ET (3-6 p.m. PT)And here’s the complete list of players: Rene Angelil, Patrik Antonius, Bobby Baldwin, David Benyamine, Andy Bloch, Brad Booth, Humberto Brenes, Doyle Brunson, Todd Brunson, Chad Brown, Johnny Chan, Don Cheadle, T.J. Cloutier, Allen Cunningham, John D’Agostino, Annie Duke, Eli Elezra, Shannon Elizabeth, Antonio Esfandiari, Sam Farha, Chris Ferguson, Scott Fischman, Ted Forrest, Jamie Gold, Barry Greenstein,Phil Gordon, Clonie Gowen, Antanas Guoga, Joe Hachem, Gus Hansen, Jennifer Harman, Phil Hellmuth, Cheryl Hines, Phil Ivey, Kenna James, John Juanda, Gabe Kaplan, Phil Laak, Howard Lederer, Nam Le, Tuan Le, Erick Lindgren, Jeff Madsen, Mike Matusow, Isabelle Mercier, John Michael, Michael Mizrachi, Chris Moneymaker, Yosh Nakano, Daniel Negreanu, Scotty Nguyen, Greg Raymer, Chip Reese, Huck Seed, Erik Seidel, Mike Sexton, Shawn Sheikhan, Jeff Shulman, Gavin Smith, Jennifer Tilly, JC Tran, and David Williams. The satellite at Caesars costs $230, with $300 rebuys and a $200 add-on. The satellite starts at 3 p.m.

I'd love to play but I bet this is limited to U.S. citizens ain't it?
Last I looked, Hachem wasn't a US citizen, so I guess not. GL if you go for it.
Last I looked, Hachem wasn't a US citizen, so I guess not. GL if you go for it.
I meant for the qualifying seat.If you're a name player it doesn't matter where you're from.

actually it was a canadian who won the wildcard sattelite seat at caesars last year so it doesnt matter where your from if you play that sattelite. I think the seat on NBC is limited to US residents though. Last year they only got about 30 players for the caesars sattelite for 220(no rebuy or add on last year) so there was like a 14000 dollar overlay.

actually it was a canadian who won the wildcard sattelite seat at caesars last year so it doesnt matter where your from if you play that sattelite. I think the seat on NBC is limited to US residents though. Last year they only got about 30 players for the caesars sattelite for 220(no rebuy or add on last year) so there was like a 14000 dollar overlay.
oh man...what i would do for a chance to head up some Shannon.
there was a rebuy and add on in the satellite last year. Joe Sebok talked about it on the circuit. I'm going to be in Vegas the weekend of the satellite, considering playing if I can get a few extra hundred together. Anyone else playing?
Kinda strange to see Don Cheadle in there, I didn't even know he played poker.
i've seen him at the 100NL at commerce. i didn't play with him, but i could tell he had some idea what he was doing. (he was folding)

I continue to question the common sense of whomever is putting this field together. I understand that he has played in the big game before and is somewhat respected by many pros, but Rene Angelil? I also understand the celebrity piece of things, but does anyone watch this tourney for the non-poker pro celebrity aspect of it? Don Cheadle?I guess for me not seeing a player like Joe Cassidy in this tourney drives me nuts. Getting guys like J'Dags and Antonius is a better move this year than when they were left out last year, but I really still feel like they miss the boat here. Eliminating some of the fluff in the this thing would allow a few more top notch players we want to see be able to compete here. I'm not buying what the organizers have said in the past about needing some celebrity presence because again the person watching this isn't that interested in watching that.Could be wrong, but that's my two cents.

Eliminating some of the fluff in the this thing would allow a few more top notch players we want to see be able to compete here. I'm not buying what the organizers have said in the past about needing some celebrity presence because again the person watching this isn't that interested in watching that.
I think you're wrong here, when it comes to the general population at least. Pretty sure the average Joe on the street would rather watch Jennifer Tilly play with Shannon Elizabeth than observe excellent bluffs and laydowns by "top notch" pros. If they want this to be prime-time (and HU with TV editing & hole cams does lend itself well), then they need the recognizable faces.
I understand that he has played in the big game before and is somewhat respected by many pros, but Rene Angelil?
I do belive the man qualified for the WSOP TOC last(?) year. Not a huge fan of the man; he did help spread bad music through out the world but you need some game to make it to the TOC.
there was a rebuy and add on in the satellite last year. Joe Sebok talked about it on the circuit. I'm going to be in Vegas the weekend of the satellite, considering playing if I can get a few extra hundred together. Anyone else playing?
Oh a dealer gave me some wrong information then. I was there a couple of days after the satelite and that is what a caesars dealer told me. I couldnt believe they didnt get more of a turnout for the sattelite. This event is one of a few events that stand out in this day of evry channel having some sort of gimmicky poker show.
I think you're wrong here, when it comes to the general population at least. Pretty sure the average Joe on the street would rather watch Jennifer Tilly play with Shannon Elizabeth than observe excellent bluffs and laydowns by "top notch" pros. If they want this to be prime-time (and HU with TV editing & hole cams does lend itself well), then they need the recognizable faces.
So you think the average Joe who watches poker on tv wants to see Tilly and Elizabeth? I'm not taking a pole of people who walk by I'm talking about the person who would actually turn on NBC and watch the heads up action. You really don't believe that audience wants say Joe Cassidy and Sebok instead of those two ladies? I mean the hot factor goes way up, but again not the audience for this imo.
So you think the average Joe who watches poker on tv wants to see Tilly and Elizabeth? I'm not taking a pole of people who walk by I'm talking about the person who would actually turn on NBC and watch the heads up action. You really don't believe that audience wants say Joe Cassidy and Sebok instead of those two ladies? I mean the hot factor goes way up, but again not the audience for this imo.
He said:
Pretty sure the average Joe on the street would rather watch Jennifer Tilly play with Shannon Elizabeth
You mention people who want to watch for poker content, which is different than the "average Joe on the street."
He said:You mention people who want to watch for poker content, which is different than the "average Joe on the street."
I was responding to the comment about the average joe wanting to see Shannon Elizabeth & Tilly. I don't necessarily disagree on that point. My point is that the average person isn't tuning in to watch this tourney imo. It's more the average poker fan whom I think would rather see someone like Cassidy than someone like Elizabeth playing. Disagree?