Wpt World Poker Open In Tunica

Jeremy Tinsley raises to $27,000 preflop and is called by both Daniel Negreanu and Brian Gabrielle. The flop comes K96 and both Gabrielle and Tinsley checks. Negreanu bets $36,000 and is called by Gabrielle. Tinsley folds and the turn is the 4. Gabrielle checks again, Negreanu bets $50,000 and Gabrielle again makes the call. The river comes the Q and Gabrielle checks. Negreanu bets $100,000 and Gabrielle makes the call. Negreanu turns over 87 for the flush and Gabrielle shows KJ as he mucks. Negreanu rakes a huge pot and Gabrielle is left with only around $70,000. chip dump! :club:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Negreanu Rakes a Big PotJeremy Tinsley raises to $27,000 preflop and is called by both Daniel Negreanu and Brian Gabrielle. The flop comes Kdiamond9spade6spade and both Gabrielle and Tinsley checks. Negreanu bets $36,000 and is called by Gabrielle. Tinsley folds and the turn is the 4diamond. Gabrielle checks again, Negreanu bets $50,000 and Gabrielle again makes the call. The river comes the Qspade and Gabrielle checks. Negreanu bets $100,000 and Gabrielle makes the call. Negreanu turns over 8spade7spade for the flush and Gabrielle shows KheartJclub as he mucks. Negreanu rakes a huge pot and Gabrielle is left with only around $70,000.

Latest Update from Bluff:"After the 11th place finisher, Brian Gabrielle, busted out, we spoke with Daniel Negreanu about some of the comments we made yesterday. Daniel was worried that we really thought he hated Tunica and he explained that he actually loves the people down here. He uses humor as a way of venting a bit of frustration, something that's entirely understandable given that it's difficult for him to get food he can eat down here. We, in turn, explained to Daniel that we try to be as humorous and edgy as possible in an effort to entertain our readers, and that sometimes we're not as successful as we'd like to be - as was the case with the jokes we made about him yesterday. Sometimes it's hard to get a joke across the way we want, especially given how little time we have to come up with this material, and we always strive to do a better job of being clear with our humor. We actually think that the fact that he came to talk to us first before taking any other action shows that Daniel's a stand-up guy, and we're glad that everything between us is out in the open now."Good for them - I respect that.

SeatYoung Cho 1,455,000 9Bobby Thompson 867,000 5James 'Catfish' Bullard 750,000 6Daniel Negreanu 679,000 10Kido Pham 653,000 7JC Tran 428,000 3Brian Sumner 363,000 4Jeremy Tinsley 258,000 8Gary Kainer 216,000 2Matt Russell 123,000 1Total chips in play 5,880,000 Players remaining 10 Average Stack 588,000

Final Table TimeWe've wound our way down to 10 players with the elimination of Brian Gabrielle. His J-J fell to Matt Russell's K-K, sending him home in 11th place with $34,274. Here's a look at our new lineup by seat:1 Matt Russell 123K2 Gary Kainer 216K3 JC Tran 428K4 Brian Sumner 363K5 Bobby Thompson 867K6 James "Catfish" Bullard 750K7 Kido Pham 653K8 Jeremy Tinsley 258K9 Young Cho 1.455M10 Daniel Negreanu 679Ksick position

Well that Luongo jersey is going to look gooood tomorrow!I think he must be freinds with the Tourney Director as I think his table draw for this mornig was the best possible seat and now he has the best seat for the final table. Take this one down DN! :club::D

I didn't see an apology in that anywhere.
That is because it is a clarification, not an apology. Daniel didn't seem to be demanding any sort of an apology or to be bent out of shape over their Humor.

Wow. Turnys are DN's B&B when he puts his mind to it. He should just stick to them. Only a win is worth less than $1M on this one so its probably no big deal.SWReally though I wonder what kind of effect say a $500,000 win has on him. And by effect I mean, "Holy **** I just won five hundred thou!!!", like I would have.

J.C. Tran Takes A Big PotFive players see a flop of KJ2 and Daniel Negreanu bets $25,000. J.C. Tran makes the call and everyone else folds. The turn is the 2 and Negreanu bets $40,000. Tran again makes the call and the river comes the 6. Negreanu fires $120,000 and Tran thinks for a few moments before making the call. Negreanu announces ace high and Tran turns over AJ for a pair of jacks. Tran rakes the pot.DOH!!!!

J.C. Tran Takes A Big PotFive players see a flop of K :D J :club: 2 :) and Daniel Negreanu bets $25,000. J.C. Tran makes the call and everyone else folds. The turn is the 2 :D and Negreanu bets $40,000. Tran again makes the call and the river comes the 6 :D . Negreanu fires $120,000 and Tran thinks for a few moments before making the call. Negreanu announces ace high and Tran turns over A :) J :D for a pair of jacks. Tran rakes the pot.
AQ? if he said Ace High he couldnt have had the nut flush draw because tran had the A :) , I cant think of many hands besides AT/AQ with the missed gutter that play this way.