people who don't bet

So i am playing omaha at pp i pick k,k,9,ten with suited hearts. The flop came k,q,4 the turn is a q and the river is a 7. I am betting the whole way with two callers, no one ever raised me. I expect to bick up a decent sized pot when sb turns over quad queens. I don't know what i am more mad at the loss or that this guy is such a clown he either didn't know he had quad queens or thought that somehow he was beat. Its great he didn't reraise but really who are these people playing read a book or something before you go play. Anybody helse have stories where people had mosters hands and they never reraised just called ?

Be glad he did. Nut boat versus quads is a good way to lose your whole stack.I do this occasionally when the board comes unfriendly to my hand and I set to fold to any bet. Sometimes I'll back into a boat and not get any profit for it. Or, worse yet, I'll switch to to the river right after the betting has passed me. Then, I'll start yelling at the monitor for some to bet. Somehow they always end being the hands where I see a free showdown. Although I did end checkraising someone for a big pot the other day.

Just make a note of it the next timeI've had hands where I've made lesser then quads, but clearly the best, but I've clicked the check/fold buttonObvoiusly that didn't happen here as he kept calling, so it's definitely odd..

in another thread people were posting different stories of annoying poker lines. I think it was swift psycho who had a story where this guy had some kind of nut hand and checked it on the river last to act...when asked why he didn't bet his response was simply: "i do a lot of drugs"LOL classic

If the SB turned over quad queens then he checked to you every time. Since you were betting the whole way I would say he played it nice. If he comes over the top of you once you probably call, if he does it twice who knows. Yes he could have gotten more money off of you than he did but did he really play it that bad? He should have raised on the river since you were pot committed at that point. But I would'nt call someone a clown just because he checked to you every time and beat you. Herbwww.focusonpoker.com

But I would'nt call someone a clown just because he checked to you every time and beat you.
I would. He had the best possible scenario - top boat under his quads. He had the best hand possible on the board, yet he didn't even put in a raise on the end. That's bad. A call station and a losing player.
But I would'nt call someone a clown just because he checked to you every time and beat you.
I would. He had the best possible scenario - top boat under his quads. He had the best hand possible on the board, yet he didn't even put in a raise on the end. That's bad. A call station and a losing player.
I do the same thing at times. There are different variables to be considered. How big is his stack? How much is being bet to him each time? How much is he willing to lose? How greedy is he? And I can tell you that I am not a losing player. I'm also not a greedy player. If the bets coming to me are big enough I'll be happy to call them all night long. I might've raised a bit with the last card out, but the player in question didn't and he won. Bottom line, he played the game his way. If everyone played the game the same way, it would get boring rather quickly.
I do the same thing at times. There are different variables to be considered. How big is his stack? How much is being bet to him each time? How much is he willing to lose? How greedy is he? And I can tell you that I am not a losing player. I'm also not a greedy player. If the bets coming to me are big enough I'll be happy to call them all night long. I might've raised a bit with the last card out, but the player in question didn't and he won. Bottom line, he played the game his way. If everyone played the game the same way, it would get boring rather quickly.
so you check the nuts on the end? good plan.
so you check the nuts on the end? good plan.
Exactly. What the eff is this idiot talking about? Everyone has their own way of playing? He checked on the end and won the pot? No matter what your style of play is, if you have the absolute mortal nuts on the river and you don't raise when you're last to act, you're a clown. Bottom line. Give me a rationale for a style of play that would choose to just call. I'd love to hear it.
If the SB turned over quad queens then he checked to you every time. Since you were betting the whole way I would say he played it nice. If he comes over the top of you once you probably call, if he does it twice who knows. Yes he could have gotten more money off of you than he did but did he really play it that bad? He should have raised on the river since you were pot committed at that point. But I would'nt call someone a clown just because he checked to you every time and beat you. Herbwww.focusonpoker.com
hmmm not putting in a single raise with the stone cold nutsawww ok he played it right :roll:

Maybe he was so clever that he wanted everyone to put down a "retard" note by his name, so that they would play him differently and let him get away with cheaper draws in future hands, since everyone would be scared over the fact that he checks with the nuts. Hey... it's possible.

Maybe he was so clever that he wanted everyone to put down a "retard" note by his name, so that they would play him differently and let him get away with cheaper draws in future hands, since everyone would be scared over the fact that he checks with the nuts. Hey... it's possible.
maybe aliens were secretly conducting probes inside his mind at the very moment the action was on him, and he therefore was unable to formulate the thought to bet. hey, its just as logical as checking the mortal nuts to get action later. if anything, it will scare the crap out of opponents EVERY TIME he bets from then on. if he doesnt bet the nuts, he must have a damn good hand when he bets.
in another thread people were posting different stories of annoying poker lines. I think it was swift psycho who had a story where this guy had some kind of nut hand and checked it on the river last to act...when asked why he didn't bet his response was simply: "i do a lot of drugs"LOL classic
Yeah that was me who posted that story. The guy checked his nut quads behind me on the river. I dunno what in the world he was thinking.To answer the OP, don't worry about this situation at all. This is an ideal opponent. The guy has the nuts and he didn't raise you. According to Sklansky, you actually made money on this hand. Be very happy. Go buy a drink with the money you saved on this hand.

I could be wrong, but I've done it before against aggressive players. Even though I have the monster nuts I will sometimes just call against an aggressive player because more than likely if I raise he will fold and I will never see what he was betting with. By just calling his bet, I'll gather, and so will the rest of the table, more info by seeing what he was betting with. Alot of times I think it's better to have that kind of info, rather than having more chips. But that's just my opinion.

I could be wrong, but I've done it before against aggressive players. Even though I have the monster nuts I will sometimes just call against an aggressive player because more than likely if I raise he will fold and I will never see what he was betting with. By just calling his bet, I'll gather, and so will the rest of the table, more info by seeing what he was betting with. Alot of times I think it's better to have that kind of info, rather than having more chips. But that's just my opinion.
Excellent point :clap:
I think it's a good check. He put you on 3 kings in your hand, which would have obviously beaten his quad queens. He was close.
I hope you're joking.Also... That thing about calling down to see his cards... that was not a good point. Since when is seeing his cards more important than making money in poker?
I think it's a good check. He put you on 3 kings in your hand, which would have obviously beaten his quad queens. He was close.
:shock: come again :shock:
it was almost an incredible read...the quad queens put the guy on trip kings in the hole, which would have rocked him. or he put him on quad aces underneath....man, that would be a horrid beat. blindsided by quad aces. BAM.