Building Your Bankrolls

from what i can tell there are a lot of talented young kids on here who have had some success whetehr online or live. my question for you guys is where did the money come from? how did you build your initial bankroll. when i was that age i was washing cars and waiting tables just to have neough money to get by.. couldnt even begin to put a roll together until i had a "real job". how did you guys do it?

Well if you have a part time job and go to school or college etc in England (probably the same in America) You can earn enough in like 2 8hour shifts to play micro stakes. For example if i got paid £5 per hour (5.25 is minimum wage here for 18yr olds) then working 8 hours would make me £40. Now once I have worked 2 shifts thats like 80 which equals about $140 U.S which is enough to play micro stakes. Then you build it up from there.

5-10 omaha hi-lo and limit holdem, 1-2 100 max nL. then from there I moved up to 2-5nl, any thing horse online and online tournies. First ever poker bankroll though started playing 25maxnl on party then eventually moved up to 100maxnl went from like 50$ to 650$ cashed out and then started live with 5-10

from what i can tell there are a lot of talented young kids on here who have had some success whetehr online or live. my question for you guys is where did the money come from? how did you build your initial bankroll. when i was that age i was washing cars and waiting tables just to have neough money to get by.. couldnt even begin to put a roll together until i had a "real job". how did you guys do it?
I started playing in grade 11 (2 years ago) with 5 bucks. I didn't have a job at all, so all I had is about 10 dollars from chores. I put 5$ of the 10 aside as my 'poker bankroll' if you can call it that. And I never had a job since. Got my bankroll up to 100 and deposited 50 online. Lost the online money. Grinded it out at school and deposited again. Lost it. And then I got used to online poker and my bankroll grew. Been playing 100< sit and gos for about 1/2 a year now we careful bankroll management. Lately started 4-tabling the 9 turbos on stars.

$1 in an Absolute Poker freeroll when I was in 11th grade. BR is now 5 figures in the 2nd semester of college. Started at .02/.04 LHE, then built enough to play 50 cent sngs. BR took big climbs after some big MTT finishes though.

I don't have six figures from freerolls yet...but wen I do let me know what kind of proof you want. :)I won 52 cents in a freeroll and than built my bankroll mainly playing one cent rebuys and 4 cent buyin sitngo's (with 4 cents added to the prize pool...what a value!)I moved up through the ranks of sitngos until i got to the 50's at which point a bad run/ bad play/ burnout hit me and i switched to MTT's. I've happily been a tourney donk ever since, as I now play exclusively multi's...Bankroll is a little over 10k now (thanks to a 2400 dollar score on sunday) and hopefully it's in five figures to stay this time.As soon as I can figure out a way to get some money on Stars or Full Tilt or one of the big sites (Anybody wanna help?) I'm sure to have six figures shortly after.......hopefully.StakAnyone wanna give me money on stars for money on Golden Palace??? Or some other way for me to give u money in exchange for money on the big sites...Please please please. It's time for the next step in my poker journey lol. Pm me or post here if you're kind enough to help out...We'll work out a good deal (for you).

I don't have six figures from freerolls yet...but wen I do let me know what kind of proof you want. :)I won 52 cents in a freeroll and than built my bankroll mainly playing one cent rebuys and 4 cent buyin sitngo's (with 4 cents added to the prize pool...what a value!)I moved up through the ranks of sitngos until i got to the 50's at which point a bad run/ bad play/ burnout hit me and i switched to MTT's. I've happily been a tourney donk ever since, as I now play exclusively multi's...Bankroll is a little over 10k now (thanks to a 2400 dollar score on sunday) and hopefully it's in five figures to stay this time.As soon as I can figure out a way to get some money on Stars or Full Tilt or one of the big sites (Anybody wanna help?) I'm sure to have six figures shortly after.......hopefully.StakAnyone wanna give me money on stars for money on Golden Palace??? Or some other way for me to give u money in exchange for money on the big sites...Please please please. It's time for the next step in my poker journey lol. Pm me or post here if you're kind enough to help out...We'll work out a good deal (for you).
Yeah, I am sure someone will get right on that.
lol so there are one cent rebuys on golden palace? thats sweet

Yea Golden Palace's 1 cent rebuys are actually great fun although I obviously haven't played one in a while.The funny thing is I used to play them like a nit because I was playing on like a 30 cent bankroll for awhile there (when I'd run bad in the 4 cent sitngos lol.)If you think 1 cent rebuys in general are funny, trying to play them without (or with only one or two) rebuys and foregoing the add-on is even funnier/ really really sad.As for no one wanting Golden Palace money for Stars or Tilt money, I kinda figured that would happen but I could at least hope and try right?Not to be too shameless but for people who like small field MTT's (around 70 players for a 50 freezeout, 125 players for a 20r, numbers like that) you really should look into Golden Palace as the MTT's are real soft. Plus, small fields = lots of final tables...and we all need final table practice.Also, they're having a big 200 K Guaranteed next saturday (215 dollar buy in freezeout) that's gonna b super soft as they've run sats for it like constantly for months. Surely you all want to get in on that action right? Wait, still nobody wants to play at Golden Palace?Damn.