Definition Of A Professional Poker Player

What is the definition of a Pro Poker Player?someone who sole(majority) income is from playing poker for a living....right?Do players that made it that dont have to play another hand of poker to live and live like a king still consider themselves as Pro poker players?DN, Dolye, Lederer, Hellmuth, and all other Pros that make money in books, console games, internet site endorsements, dont need to play anymore and will have millions from other businesses...are they still a pro for playing tourneys and side games?I see Rene Angelil playing in any and all tourneys..i know he doesnt need the money but he plays enough in the big game and other tourneys them most pros. These big stars, I think they are no more Pro Poker players and they are businessmen that play Poker for fun like Rene does.

You might want to do a little research on doyle and see where he first made his money first cause I think you have it mixed around. Cash games as with most the pros.

What is the definition of a Pro Poker Player?someone who sole(majority) income is from playing poker for a living....right?Do players that made it that dont have to play another hand of poker to live and live like a king still consider themselves as Pro poker players?DN, Dolye, Lederer, Hellmuth, and all other Pros that make money in books, console games, internet site endorsements, dont need to play anymore and will have millions from other businesses...are they still a pro for playing tourneys and side games?I see Rene Angelil playing in any and all tourneys..i know he doesnt need the money but he plays enough in the big game and other tourneys them most pros. These big stars, I think they are no more Pro Poker players and they are businessmen that play Poker for fun like Rene does.
you're a moron! :club:
i meant right now...
yeah, theyre making a shi t ton of money from the poker boom, but the majority of the pros have some sort of endorsement deal
Peyton Manning gets tons of money from his DirecTV Deal, and he still plays football and is considered a pro. These guys have these endorsements because they are pros.
QFTdidnt LeBron James get like a $90 million endrosement with Nike.is he not a pro basketball player because of thatas already said..... :club::D:D youre an idiot!!!! :D:D:)
i just got my computer reformatted and then i downloaded fulltilt, but i can only see play money games, and the cashier isn't letting me see my money or deposit. anyone have any ideas?
download from fulltiltpoker.com instead of .net and try again.

So if some one goes to years of college and becomes a doctor with a PHD and is a successful doctor for 20 years and then decides to also start his own subway franchise in addition to being a doctor, is he no longer considered a doctor?

So if some one goes to years of college and becomes a doctor with a PHD and is a successful doctor for 20 years and then decides to also start his own subway franchise in addition to being a doctor, is he no longer considered a doctor?
I could use a good sandwich right now...

I'm not sure about Dolye, but I'm pretty sure that Doyle would be considered a pro. I think he's earned that title. Poker players having other income from endorsements, books, etc. is no different from a pro athlete getting money from the same things.

Well i dont know if Dolye qualifies but I know that Doyle certainly does. Just because you get an endorsement by a sponsor doesn't mean you arn't a pro, look at football players and singers. Just because they are on a T.V advert doesn't mean you stop being a pro.

Shaq has said many times that he has never touched his NBA salary and lives only on his endorsements. I would still consider Shaq a professional basketball player...

I don't think they make millions from books, games, and site endorsments. Most people would never buy a poker book, and of the few who would most won't even make it through the first chapter let alone read it and have the desire to buy another book. Poker video games sell for dirt cheap (usually half the price of a normal game) and still don't do well. I assume the site endorsments aren't that much, but i could be wrong. Ethier way I am happy these people still call themselves poker pro's otherwise the world would still view poker pros as the greasy creep hustling 5/10 or the internet wierdo with no social skills.

I don't think they make millions from books, games, and site endorsments. Most people would never buy a poker book, and of the few who would most won't even make it through the first chapter let alone read it and have the desire to buy another book. Poker video games sell for dirt cheap (usually half the price of a normal game) and still don't do well. I assume the site endorsments aren't that much, but i could be wrong. Ethier way I am happy these people still call themselves poker pro's otherwise the world would still view poker pros as the greasy creep hustling 5/10 or the internet wierdo with no social skills.
WowI think we found somebody stupider than OP
QFTdidnt LeBron James get like a $90 million endrosement with Nike.is he not a pro basketball player because of thatas already said..... :club::D:D youre an idiot!!!! :D:D:)
you all are missing something...If all these athletes dont make one penny in endorsements..they still make money playing their sport in salary. yeah lebron got a fat contract from nike..but he does make his money playing his sport..pro poker players do not always make money..they even sometimes lose money...