Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Terrible calls on the first two. Stupid penalty on the third.

The good news is NYR's PP is awful and NHL refs are idiots who will now gift the Penguins a bunch of PPs to make up for it because the code or something.

I will give you one not two

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Even though its good for us, it's sad that you can expect to be on the powerplay soon because the other team had a few chances at it already. Both teams shouldn't have equal chances every game.

Even though its good for us, it's sad that you can expect to be on the powerplay soon because the other team had a few chances at it already. Both teams shouldn't have equal chances every game.

Obviously, the whole referee mentality is stupid.

Sometimes games have uneven powerplays and coaches whine about it. Like it's somehow impossible for one team to commit more fouls than the other.

Gotta admit, I'm not getting a great feeling about this game...

Rangers need a stupid goal or something to give them some confidence and swagger

Oh, sweet, power play. I can go use the restroom for the next 2 minutes

Maybe not, Pens may get a short handed goal

Maybe not, Pens may get a short handed goal

lol, the CBC commentator said "Pens giving the momentum right back to NYR by taking a penalty"... I'm like, uh, did you see the first period?

Pens have been pretty dominant in this game. Lucky goal there but maybe Kunitz puts it in if it gets to him. Just need to avoid the defensive breakdowns that cost them in game 1.

63.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty shall be imposed on any player, including the goalkeeper, who holds, freezes or plays the puck with his stick, skates or body in such a manner as to deliberately cause a stoppage of play. With regard to a goalkeeper, this rule applies outside of his goal crease area.

Hold on, are you saying that during this playoff game, they didn't make a call by the exact definition of a rule? I just don't get it, how could they do that?

:)

• Like 1

This is a bad call against Girardi.

Well, sorta. Neal definitely grabbed him first. Girardi certainly leaned into him after that. Both should probably be called.

This game is going the way I hoped/expected this series to go. Expected the Pens to have a possession edge, but NYR has the better goalie, so they should be close games. X-factor is the Pens defensive breakdowns. Hoping they can avoid them for 10 more minutes.

What a performance by the Penguins.

Fleury shutout, although I don't recall the Rangers having all that many grade A scoring chances.

Crosby played like a beast, Malkin too. Everyone else just played their game at their highest levels. Excellent work. No major defensive breakdowns!

The Pens did an awesome job of insulating Fleury. Aside from a few spots, they seemed to limit any quality chances. Gotta love the crowd supporting him with the "Fleury!" chants, too.

Heard on the radio last night the rangers got their last sog with 8:22 left in the 3rd.

Hopefully the pens can continue to take advantage of the rags with them playing their 5th game in 7 nights tonight and 6th in 9 for game 4.

Also welcome to the playoffs last night Sid. He's showed sporatic flashes of what we've grown to expect from him in these playoffs but last night he consistently awesome. Against most goalies I think he easily would have scored 1-2 goals.

Rangers winning the EV Corsis 32-30 through 2.

Penguins aren't playing as suffocating defensively as last night, plus it seems like the Rangers have come out a little harder tonight.

I hate it so much when the Penguins just sit back with a lead. That's something that they didn't do last night, but excelled in today... excelled in that they let the Rangers control the puck for the entire period, and managed only one shot.

EV Corsis were 15-2 for the Rangers in the 3rd. That's not score effects. That's a tactical decision. I think it's awful. Keep your foot on the gas. And all that.