• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

There's a minor penalty for elbowing for a reason, and that's it. Was it dumb? Sure, but it didn't in any way fit the criteria for a major/game misconduct. He basically just poked him with his elbow. The shameful flop-around-like-I've-been-hit-by-a-bus-but-not-miss-a-shift honestly should have wiped out any PP at all. But we're in full on knee-jerk reaction mode, where even looking at a guy above the shoulders leads to an immediate ejection.edit: Mcdonagh's shot to Letangs head there was more vicious than Cooke's elbow, and it's not really even close.

There's a minor penalty for elbowing for a reason, and that's it. Was it dumb? Sure, but it didn't in any way fit the criteria for a major/game misconduct. He basically just poked him with his elbow. The shameful flop-around-like-I've-been-hit-by-a-bus-but-not-miss-a-shift honestly should have wiped out any PP at all. But we're in full on knee-jerk reaction mode, where even looking at a guy above the shoulders leads to an immediate ejection.edit: Mcdonagh's shot to Letangs head there was more vicious than Cooke's elbow, and it's not really even close.
Sorry, this is ridiculously homer.He flung the elbow up and hit his head for no reason at all.I'm calling 8 games.
Sorry, this is ridiculously homer.He flung the elbow up and hit his head for no reason at all.I'm calling 8 games.
What's Cooke's contract status for next year.If he's a free agent I would have to think that Mario has to tell managment to not sign him and if he is signed try and trade him.
Isn't amazingly stupid the perfect description for Cooke
When an animal at the zoo is allowed to roam outside after numerous attacks, if that animal attacks again you dont blame the animal.Whats stupid is the fact that this guy is allowed to play in the NHL.
Putting aside the general stupidity, in Penguins terms, he pretty much also cost them this game.
Also fans in Toronto,Buffalo and Carolina arent happy either.
Putting aside the general stupidity, in Penguins terms, he pretty much also cost them this game.
Yup, he absolutely did. That's the first time his crap has actually cost the Pens, that I can recall.
it was stupid, but not vicious. Christ, the contact was with his upper arm, not even his elbow. Reputation/history plays into suspensions, and rightly so; but a call on the ice shouldn't be influenced by reputation.
it was stupid, but not vicious. Christ, the contact was with his upper arm, not even his elbow. Reputation/history plays into suspensions, and rightly so; but a call on the ice shouldn't be influenced by reputation.
That hit is EXACTLY what the NHL wants to eliminate. It will probably be used in referee training videos for years to come.
it was dirty, and it was blatant. I dont care if its Jeff Skinner, it deserves a suspension. For Skinner, 1 game. For Cooke, repeat offendor, 5+.A year ago not a huge deal, but right now this is what everyone is trying to get rid of.
it was dirty, and it was blatant. I dont care if its Jeff Skinner, it deserves a suspension. For Skinner, 1 game. For Cooke, repeat offendor, 5+.A year ago not a huge deal, but right now this is what everyone is trying to get rid of.
I think Skinner would get two, like Heatley and Marchand both did recently, for similar hits.

Here is another fastball down the middle for Colin Campbell and the NHL, will they choose to hit one out of the park is the other question..League's poster bad boy with respect to stupid hits at a time when you are trying to make a point...No one including probably the Penguins would object if the NHL did something "drastic"...No matter how bad the hit you could argue the fairness of a penalty if its against a historically clean player..This might be the perfect chance to make a point before the season ends.

What Zach said, as far as Cooke finally costing the Pens a game. I've supported him in the past because while he might cross the line, he helps the team win. Today he helped the team lose, and when the entire NHL is watching him like a hawk, right after the GM's meet up to discuss hits like this, he STILL does something this blatantly stupid in a tie game? I'm not even going to try to defend this. I'd love to know what his teammates said to him after the game.