Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I'm in the pick up Ponikarovsky camp.If we need to trade a defenseman, I hope it's Goligoski. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Pony, though.I know the Leafs were asking for a 2nd, but I'd give up a 3rd and Fedo, or something like that, I dunno.With regards to the defensem, there doesn't need to be another trade. Leopold is a UFA, and simply upgrades our defense for the balance of the season. Gonchar, Orpik, Letang, Eaton, Goligoski, Leopold, McKee. Waive Skoula to clear a tiny bit more cap room.
why would we want to pick up Fedotenko?He is a UFA, doesnt do anytihng for us..
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

why would we want to pick up Fedotenko?He is a UFA, doesnt do anytihng for us..
No shit?He'd merely be a small salary dump to allow us to fit Pony in. He isn't expected to have any actual value to you.

i think the problem arises that only two of our d are under contract next yr. no chance in hell to sign all 3 thus get some value. if we waive skoula how much do we save like even if it's 5 bucks it's worth it.if we trade winger we gotta get winger no?edit: nm i'm dumb bout winger comment

No shit?He'd merely be a small salary dump to allow us to fit Pony in. He isn't expected to have any actual value to you.
I would do Goligoski for Pony and we have a trade...
I'm really looking forward to this expo on Puck Daddy.
Yep...should be good.Here's my take on the trade just in case anyone cares. The Pens have been looking to get more out of their wingers all year and Caputi had plenty of chances to step in as take a role. He was called up a few times because of injuries and didn't make a ton of an impact. He may blossom with more room to grow up north though. Skoula was a stain...good riddens. One good game as a pen.Don't know much about Poni though. I guess they're hoping for him to be a Malonish player?
Don't know much about Poni though. I guess they're hoping for him to be a Malonish player?
I would say more of a better Fedotenko.He won't be as gritty as Malone, not by a long shot. Probably about as gritty as Fedo, but with better stats.

Depth city.Kunitz - Crosby - GuerinFedotenko - Malkin - PonikarovskyCooke - Staal - KennedyDupuis - Talbot - RuppAdams, GodardGonchar - OrpikLetang - EatonLeopold - GoligoskiMcKeeFleuryJohnson

Ponikarovsky is about as gritty as marshmallows. Maybe week-old marshmallows, but still not that gritty. He will go into corners when he needs to, and his reach gets him a reasonable amount of pucks. I think he'll do well with the Pens because he plays well positionally and he's above-average in a lot of areas, if not spectular in any.Eh, other Leafs guys will be able to give a better write-up.Looks like Caputi only got in a few games, so I'm (in a Leaf-like fashion) optimistic. Hopefully he'll be another Bozak that can actually produce when he's given top-9 minutes, even if he wouldn't deserve those minutes on any other team.

Ponikarovsky is about as gritty as marshmallows. Maybe week-old marshmallows, but still not that gritty. He will go into corners when he needs to, and his reach gets him a reasonable amount of pucks. I think he'll do well with the Pens because he plays well positionally and he's above-average in a lot of areas, if not spectular in any.Eh, other Leafs guys will be able to give a better write-up.Looks like Caputi only got in a few games, so I'm (in a Leaf-like fashion) optimistic. Hopefully he'll be another Bozak that can actually produce when he's given top-9 minutes, even if he wouldn't deserve those minutes on any other team.
He's been given a couple chances on Geno's wing, did only ok, and then got sent back down when a player returned from injury, usually. He did get bumped down to the 4th line minutes pretty quickly, though.I think this trade speaks to what they think about his development in WBS, which is a bad sign for my FCHL team.I'm interested in seeing what happens if he were to get 20 straight games of top 6 minutes, though.

So the Penguins have added Jordan Leopold and Alex Ponikorovsky without giving up a roster player....nice....I think they are ready for a run at a repeat.

So the Penguins have added Jordan Leopold and Alex Ponikorovsky without giving up a roster player....nice....I think they are ready for a run at a repeat.
its what Detroit used to do, and now its what Pittsburgh has done the past 3/4 yrs. If they have to give up a roster player, its usually depth they can replace fairly easily. (Armstrong)hey, rest of NHL.....see a pattern?
its what Detroit used to do, and now its what Pittsburgh has done the past 3/4 yrs. If they have to give up a roster player, its usually depth they can replace fairly easily. (Armstrong)hey, rest of NHL.....see a pattern?
yes pattern is finish in the bottom 5 for 5 years in a row to build core...
The leafs have got the 'finish in bottom 5' right. They just don't understand that you need to keep your draft picks to make it work.
there are lots of teams that finish that low....not all of them now how to get the good players through drafting (COUGH COUGH) and more to my point, those that do have good teams, dont know how to compliment them come deadline time. oh, and that was like 20 years ago for the Wings.
And guess what? It worked! But then again we didn't trade a top five pick for a former wanna be top 5 pick.
And guess what? It worked! But then again we didn't trade a top five pick for a former wanna be top 5 pick.
no but you cheated....TWICE..Been discussed, been there done that..Good luck
there are lots of teams that finish that low....not all of them now how to get the good players through drafting (COUGH COUGH) and more to my point, those that do have good teams, dont know how to compliment them come deadline time. oh, and that was like 20 years ago for the Wings.
Serge, Id like to point out I said this before Damien Cox did. :club: I think he's reading our forum, stealing our stuff.
Serge, Id like to point out I said this before Damien Cox did. :club: I think he's reading our forum, stealing our stuff.
Dude you should be on that TSN panel, ahead of those stiffs..Most of them are clueless... :ts