• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Penguins sign Curry, Brookbank, SmithFriday, July 31, 2009By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe Penguins have signed three players, including John Curry, who was a restricted free agent and appears to be their backup goaltender of the future.They also signed veteran forwards Wade Brookbank and Wyatt Smith, who have NHL experience but whose primary role is expected to be that of providing depth on the team's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton farm club.Curry, 25, signed a two-year, two-way contract worth $1 million. He played in his first three NHL games last season while starter Marc-Andre Fleury was hurt.Earlier this month, the Penguins signed veteran goaltender Brent Johnson to a one-year, one-way contract. Johnson appears to have the inside track on the backup spot to start the 2009-10 season."We want a little bit more experience in the backup role, and John's getting that," general manager Ray Shero said "He's proven to be a pretty good prospect for us."

Goddamnit that thread is retarded. I hate you for linking it.Does everyone in the world completely forget that the Flyers were last overall in the NHL like 2 or 3 years ago?
For only 1 year though.You cant compare that to the string of years for the Pens, Hawks and Caps. Right?
For only 1 year though.You cant compare that to the string of years for the Pens, Hawks and Caps. Right?
No, but it's a joke for Clarke to say that his team ALWAYS puts out a winner. They were dead last in the NHL.Not to mention the string of 4 or 5 years in the late 80s/early 90s where they missed the playoffs each season.He simply doesn't use facts in his argument.His comments are so ridiculously flawed and ignorant that it's hilarious, and the people on HF siding with him are even more hilarious. These are the same kids who believe the conspiracy theories about Bettman fixing the league so the Pens would get Crosby, so they'd win the Cup this year, etc. But I don't care about random HF retards.The funny shit is Bobby Clarke. Talking about how the Flyers have been icing the best team they can since 1967, every year. Yeah well, congrats on the two Stanley Cups you won... in the 70s! If their ideology is working so well, where's their playoff success?The Penguins, for as bad as they were, they only missed the playoffs 4 years in a row, and that was after making the playoffs for a decade straight, and now I can't imagine them missing the playoffs again for a long time. But they obviously cheated to win, by taking advantage of the rules the NHL had in place, lol.The thing is, the Penguins didn't tank because they wanted Geno (in a lottery they lost, despite being the last place team, btw), or Sid. They tanked because of the economy of the old NHL, and awful owners who wouldn't spend money. Philly had the Pens there, no doubt. Ed Snyder is a fantastic owner, but the philosophies of the GMs and coaches he hires are stuck in the 70s. They still try to be a goon team. They say they put the best product on the ice, but they haven't had a very good number 1 since Ron Hextall's days. Every year they're among the leagues most penalized teams, and every year it gets them one or two rounds into the playoffs.The Pens had awful owners. They don't anymore. They have maybe a top 5 ownership group in the NHL, maybe even top 2 or 3, but I have no idea on other owners all that much. Either way, they now have guys willing to spend to the cap every year in order to win. And best of all, imo, we have the best GM in the NHL.I have no idea anymore. I'm just bored and ranting.Clarke is living in the 70s. If his way is so good, he should show me the rings he won since he's been with the organization in a management capacity.The Penguins have made the playoffs 14 out of the last 18 seasons. They have 4 Stanley Cup finals appearances, 3 Stanley Cups in that time. I don't care how they do it, they succeed. And they're going to be in the playoffs for the foreseeable future, as well.The Flyers, on the other hand, they'll be in the playoffs, so good for them. Although this is largely irrelevant because I picked the last 18 years number based on when the Penguins started their playoff run, in that time, the Flyers have only made 13 playoff appearances, 1 Finals appearance and no Stanley Cups. The 1990-91 season that was 18 years ago was their 2nd in a run of 5 years in a row that they missed the playoffs. Since the 94/95 lockout season, they've made the playoffs 13/14 times.Either way, I don't really have a problem with how the Flyers have built up. I think they did a great job compiling talent since the lockout, including the year they finished last. They had a ton of offensive depth, and Carter and Richards are a great tandem to build around. They hurt that depth a bit this year, but they still have a bunch of prospects stockpiled waiting to break in. If JVR pans out, if Nodl pans out, etc, they'll be a good team for years to come. Their biggest problem right now is a GM that has no idea how to work in a salary cap era (see Pronger deal, not even understanding the CBA rules that people on a poker forum even ****ing understand), and a bunch of executives who still think 70s hockey can win in the new NHL.Anyways, good rant.HOW LONG UNTIL THE SEASON STARTS!???

Im about to read your rant, but before I do:1) It took you much longer to respond to my comment then I thought it would (1hour and 10min? wow, slowww)2) The response appears to be much shorter than I thought it would (8/9 paragraphs? thats it?)

now that I actually read your well thought out response.......

I have no idea anymore. I'm just bored and ranting.
this is your best argument. I cannot disagree!I just loved the Flyer turnaround personally. I realize they made mistakes with gtd and havent won a Cup in a long time, but you gotta love the way they drafted some very nice talent, have always kept a strong team, and that it took them only 1 year of being crap to bounce right back to competitiveness. Everyone said the Flyers would crumble in the cap-era....they couldnt have been more wrong. And Clarke is right about 1 thing. At least the Flyers can say that they have had one of the most competitive teams over the last 30years. Hard to argue anyone can fight that battle with them, a very strong team for a very long time.

"Also, Clarke must be forgetting the seasons between 1989 and 1994 when the Flyers missed the playoffs for five straight years.It would have been "somewhat embarrassing" for a Flyers team to go through a playoff drought like that."For the record, the Pens missed 4 in a row.

Tanguay to Pitt (e3)...............uh huh.
I heard this rumour a few days ago. Apparently Tanguay's agent is trying to sell him to Pittsburgh's management.Like, he's going to have to take a HUGE pay cut to play here for one year. We have about 1.8 million, including only 6 defenseman, 2 goalies and 13 forwards. We'd need to move Dupuis 100% for sure, and his 1.4 million, and Tanguay would have to play for no more than 2 million or 2.5.

Penguins hire Tony Granato as assistant coachWednesday, August 05, 2009Pittsburgh Post-GazetteThe Penguins today named Tony Granato as assistant coach, according to a release sent out by the team.Granato spent the last six seasons behind the bench for the Colorado Avalanche and served two stints as Avalanche head coach from 2002-04 and 2008-09. Granato compiled a 215-104-17-16 record and led Colorado to a Northwest Division title in 2003.Granato, 45, joined the Avalanche organization in June 2002 as an assistant coach. He was elevated to head coach on Dec. 18, 2002 and led the club to a 32-11-4-4 mark en route to its ninth consecutive division title. The following season Granato steered the Avalanche to a 40-22-13-7 finish and an appearance in the conference semifinals.Granato native served as an assistant coach for the Avalanche from 2005-08. Last season, Granato was promoted to his second tenure as the club's head coach and oversaw the development of a young Colorado team.Granato played 13 seasons in the NHL with the New York Rangers (1988-90), Los Angeles Kings (1990-96) and San Jose Sharks (1996-2001). In 773 career games, the forward posted 248 goals, 244 assists, 492 points and 1,425 penalty minutes. Granato tallied 16 goals, 43 points and 141 penalty minutes in 79 career postseason games and helped lead Los Angeles to a Stanley Cup Final berth in 1993.Granato also played for the United States National Team in 1987-88 and represented his country in the 1988 Olympic Games in Calgary.

okay, so full disclosure, I had never heard of this eklund guy until draft day when i was using twitter to follow FA, and someone mentioned him and at that point I followed him because I knew nothing about him. Then I noticed a lot of anger on the intergoogle towards him so I started looking into it. How is this guy popular? He's a liar and a hack... He steals from people. I'm pretty sure he's touched someone (maybe only himself) in the no-no spot), shouldn't he be in jail?I only bring this up because of the tanguay stuff, now he's going to detroit, e(something) just kind of sad. Feel bad for the people that give him money (but only marginally since they are clearly braindead)