Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

For Serge:Penguins Q&A with Dave MoliinariTuesday, April 28, 2009Pittsburgh Post-GazetteClick here to submit your question Q: Since the Pens wear black jerseys at home, shouldn't the teampromote a "blackout?" Thousands of black jerseys filling the seatswould look pretty cool.Jerry, Culpeper, Va.MOLINARI: There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction among Penguinsfans -- the ones who aren't able to actually attend games at MellonArena, anyway -- that the team hands out white T-shirts, not black orgold ones, to the crowds at certain home games during the playoffs.Based on the number of fans who voluntarily put on those shirts, thepeople in the seats don't seem to object much to their color nearly as much, if at all.Some Q&A readers have suggested that because visiting teams wearwhite, the white T-shirts could be construed as a show of support forthe wrong club. If a team comes into Mellon Arena and can't figure out who the crowd is backing, the Penguins have a bigger problem than color selection for a T-shirt giveaway.Finally, while an arena filled with people wearing black shirts may or may not look good on television, it certainly wouldn't do the players -- especially the goaltenders -- any favors. Trying to pick out the puck against a solid black background would be quite a challenge. It also could be dangerous for the goalies, who would have totry to keep track of what would amount to a camouflaged puck.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Gold tees would be 4tehwin but obviously the cost to the Penguins would be >>>> white tees
I think the 90s gold would be great, but the new 'vegas gold' would be meh. Everyone might as well just wear khakis. Same effect.
We've found our new permanent head coach:http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=420443
kiss of death IMO.4 straight out of the playoffs FWIWBye bye penguins FTW
Serge is once again filling up our thread with his pointless drivel (I'm pretty sure he has a thread dedicated to this) but I can't help but wonder about the timing? I'm not against the move but what do the penguins gain from doing it now. Was there really that much pressure on Bylsma to know what he'd be up to next season?Did they fear losing him to another team?
Serge is once again filling up our thread with his pointless drivel (I'm pretty sure he has a thread dedicated to this) but I can't help but wonder about the timing? I'm not against the move but what do the penguins gain from doing it now. Was there really that much pressure on Bylsma to know what he'd be up to next season?Did they fear losing him to another team?
so its pointless drivel..BUT you agree with me.ok...Its TERRIBLE timing.thanks

I don't get how it's terrible timing.It all seems pretty irrelevant to me.Just seems like Serge is so depressed that his Leafs are utter failures while the Penguins move into the 2nd round again and he's looking for anything he can cling to and turn around into a negative.Pretty standard for you, yet still terribly pathetic.

Bylsma's been awesome for this team, you can't argue with his record. I just don't see how the Pens benefit by doing this now...that's all.My views semi-align with Serge but the reasons behind it are completely different. Serge's existence is based on grasping at straws.

I see this move as purely a confidence move.The players love Disco Dan. They have the confidence in what he preaches. And if the players are happy and performing, then management has no choice but to extend him.

I know we're supposed to take it 1 game at a time but I have a lot of shit going on in the next few weeks so I need to plan this out.Game 1 Saturday, May 2 1pm (at a 3pm wedding in Pittsburgh)Monday, May 4 (hoping to attend it in DC but it's gonna be tough with working 2 1/2 hours away)Wednesday, May 6 (hoping to watch it from a primani's in fort lauderdale)Friday, May 8 (will be en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexico listening to bourque-lange)*Saturday, May 9 (if necessary would be en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexico listening to bourque-lange)*Monday, May 11 (if necessary would be en route from Cozumel, Mexico to Belize City, Belize listening to bourque-lange)*Wednesday, May 13 (if necessary would be en route from San Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala to Roaton, Honduras listening to bourque-lange)*if necessaryhttp://enrichmentvoyages.com/panama/index.cfmIt's possible that Cozumel will to something like Jamaica due to the pig flu crap.

I know we're supposed to take it 1 game at a time but I have a lot of shit going on in the next few weeks so I need to plan this out.Game 1 Saturday, May 2 1pm (at a 3pm wedding in Pittsburgh)Monday, May 4 (hoping to attend it in DC but it's gonna be tough with working 2 1/2 hours away)Wednesday, May 6 (hoping to watch it from a primani's in fort lauderdale)Friday, May 8 (will be en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexico listening to bourque-lange)*Saturday, May 9 (if necessary would be en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexico listening to bourque-lange)*Monday, May 11 (if necessary would be en route from Cozumel, Mexico to Belize City, Belize listening to bourque-lange)*Wednesday, May 13 (if necessary would be en route from San Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala to Roaton, Honduras listening to bourque-lange)*if necessaryhttp://enrichmentvoyages.com/panama/index.cfmIt's possible that Cozumel will to something like Jamaica due to the pig flu crap.
BBFIDTSBut, in reality, I'll be working most of these games.
I know we're supposed to take it 1 game at a time but I have a lot of shit going on in the next few weeks so I need to plan this out.(Game 1) Saturday, May 2 - 1pm (at a 3pm wedding in Pittsburgh)(Game 2) Monday, May 4 - 7pm (hoping to attend it in DC but it's gonna be tough with working 2 1/2 hours away)(Game 3) Wednesday, May 6 - 7pm (hoping to watch it from a primani's in fort lauderdale)(Game 4) Friday, May 8 - 7pm (will be en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexico listening to bourque-lange)*(Game 5) Saturday, May 9 - 7pm (if necessary would be en route from Nassau, Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexico listening to bourque-lange)*(Game 6) Monday, May 11 TBD (if necessary would be en route from Cozumel, Mexico to Belize City, Belize listening to bourque-lange)*(Game 7) Wednesday, May 13 - 7pm (if necessary would be en route from San Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala to Roaton, Honduras listening to bourque-lange)*if necessaryhttp://enrichmentvoyages.com/panama/index.cfm.
BBFIDTSBut, in reality, I'll be working most of these games.
Ya sucks to be me huh. If the pens were to move onto Round 3 I'd be at sea for the first few games in that series at least. As of now I'll be gone from 5-6 to 5-23 but that may be extended to 6-5.Working the games = being at them? Or did you mean working during the games?Added times and some formatting for my benefit.

Bah, wedding during game 1. Maybe it starts later in the day, dunno.Why do we have to wait until Saturday? TSN reported that we'd start Thurday. I'm a little pissed off about this. The team that went 7 games shouldn't get bonus rest from the NHL.Also, game 4 is during the HHOF poker tourney, hope they have a TV in there!

Bah, wedding during game 1. Maybe it starts later in the day, dunno.Why do we have to wait until Saturday? TSN reported that we'd start Thurday. I'm a little pissed off about this. The team that went 7 games shouldn't get bonus rest from the NHL.Also, game 4 is during the HHOF poker tourney, hope they have a TV in there!
They'll have it on the Bruins/Canes game sorry :club:
You don't think the HHOF would be able to get feed to whatever game it wants?
Doesn't really matter at this point in the season. Pit/Was is on CBC, so everyone in Canada gets it. Bos/Car is on TSN, so like 98% of Canada gets it (as long as you have cable). Van/Chi is on CBC so everyone gets it. Det/Ana is on TSN2, which just means that TSN and Rogers can suck my dick.Why the **** would TSN pick up both series that are scheduled to be on the same day and time for almost every game? Such a waste. CBC and TSN should each have one game per night like it was back in the old days, when East and West alternated days. (although, did TSN even exist back then, lol?)Who knows if the HHOF will even have live coverage (gruven?). They damn well should, though, and should obviously have both games.The good news, though, is the Pens and Caps play the next night, so I'm pretty sure that'll be the game we drink to on Saturday. :club:

Actually, ****, this scheduling is ****ed. The NHL sucks so many balls. Have a layoff until Saturday so the Caps can rest, and then we play BACK TO ****ING BACK on the next Friday/Saturday. WTF IS THAT? This is the playoffs!!!!! Has that ever happened before? That's ludicrous!