• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I didnt want the thread of the EIGHT place penguins to fall to the second page...8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8

I didnt want the thread of the EIGHT place penguins to fall to the second page...8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
I think they are thinking about Tavares. :club:
can someone please update what he did???It shows he got a 2 , 5 and a 10....
I know there's a 5 for fighting, and a 2 for instigating...but...was unaware of the 10 for the misconduct.
Now THAT is what Pittsburgh needs!
QFT.He deserves the penalties he got, though. Although I don't understand the 2-min instigator and the 2-min unsportsmanlike. Seems redundant to me. If the 10-min is automatic, fine, but if it isn't, again, it's redundant.
This is fun, for me obv.But I'm getting tired of the announcers harping on the "should be" calls.Horton's wrister is sickening.
Do you have the Pittsburgh feed? I have the Florida feed.There have been a lot of blown tripping calls in this game.I think all of the Penguins penalties have been pretty legit, though.This is just typical Pens getting no breaks. They've been playing 'ok', but anytime they get anything going, they get called for a semi-soft penalty, or they give up a weak goal. Goaltending has been a big problem in this game. Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't know if I liked pulling Fleury. A few defensive lapses haven't helped either.
QFT.He deserves the penalties he got, though. Although I don't understand the 2-min instigator and the 2-min unsportsmanlike. Seems redundant to me. If the 10-min is automatic, fine, but if it isn't, again, it's redundant.Do you have the Pittsburgh feed? I have the Florida feed.There have been a lot of blown tripping calls in this game.I think all of the Penguins penalties have been pretty legit, though.This is just typical Pens getting no breaks. They've been playing 'ok', but anytime they get anything going, they get called for a semi-soft penalty, or they give up a weak goal. Goaltending has been a big problem in this game. Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't know if I liked pulling Fleury. A few defensive lapses haven't helped either.
HAHA that's funny, I have the Pittsburgh feed, we should switch. I probably wouldn't have yanked Fleury so quickly as well, but I'm sure I can understand the message. Therrien is hoping the team will get the message and wake up with some more pressure and capitalizing on their chances, plus with all the rumors about his job safety going around he might be looking to do anything/everything that can help.

from the NHL rulebook:A major penalty shall be imposed on any player who fights. A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor pen-alty, a major for fighting and a ten minute misconduct.EDIT:Explaining the extra two:If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield, he shall be assessed an additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty

from the NHL rulebook:A major penalty shall be imposed on any player who fights. A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor pen-alty, a major for fighting and a ten minute misconduct.EDIT:Explaining the extra two:If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield, he shall be assessed an additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty
TY.

From what I saw, Crosby has something going on with Campbell but doesnt fight him. Instead, Talbot fights the experienced Campbell. Then in more of a mugging than a fight, tough guy Sidney Crosby grabs an unexpecting MacLean and starts throwing punches before MacLean even knows whats going on. I have no problem with Crosby fighting but its not like MacLean did something to piss him off, if Crosby had balls he would of atleast said something to him off the faceoff...MacLean didnt even know what was going on.

From what I saw, Crosby has something going on with Campbell but doesnt fight him. Instead, Talbot fights the experienced Campbell. Then in more of a mugging than a fight, tough guy Sidney Crosby grabs an unexpecting MacLean and starts throwing punches before MacLean even knows whats going on. I have no problem with Crosby fighting but its not like MacLean did something to piss him off, if Crosby had balls he would of atleast said something to him off the faceoff...MacLean didnt even know what was going on.
How do you know if anything was said or not?

Mike Milbury on the Penguins problems and Crosby....From HNIC:"He needs to grow up and get out of the owners house"

Mike Milbury on the Penguins problems and Crosby....From HNIC:"He needs to grow up and get out of the owners house"
I'm pretty sure he's been moved out for a while now.
I didnt see him say anything on the video and im sure if he did say something MacLean would of reacted.
Crosby said after the game, "I asked him if he wanted to go, he said yes. Usually yes means yes. I guess he didn't take me seriously."I have no reason to not believe him.
On the day Sidney Crosby was named a starter for the NHL All-Star Game, he had his second fight in the league.Or at least a one-sided version of a fight.Crosby, the Penguins' captain, and Florida center Brett McLean exchanged words in the first period yesterday at Mellon Arena and, with frustration mounting for the home team, Crosby decided he wanted to engage McLean.So, with his team trailing by three goals at 17:01 of the second period -- two seconds after the Penguins' Max Talbot fought the Panthers' Gregory Campbell -- Crosby asked McLean to fight."He said 'yes,' " Crosby said. "Usually, yes means yes."In this case, Crosby punched, but McLean didn't punch back, so, while both players got five-minute fighting penalties, Crosby also got minor penalties for instigating (the first of his career) and unsportsmanlike conduct and a 10-minute misconduct penalty. He didn't get a chance to play again until the final two minutes of regulation."I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes in the box for that," Crosby said. "I guess he didn't take me seriously."It was just one of the things that backfired during the Penguins' 6-1 loss.Crosby, who had no shots or points and played just 12:01, spent more than the first 18 minutes of the third period sitting in the penalty box.Panthers coach Peter DeBoer, who coached Crosby during Team Canada's gold-medal run at the 2005 junior world championships, didn't fault Crosby, but he also didn't mind having him out of the game for so long."He's a competitive guy," DeBoer said. "If I'm coaching Pittsburgh, I'd like to see that kind of play out of your best players when things aren't going well. ... I can tell you I'm glad he wasn't on the ice for 19 minutes. It made our jobs a little easier."Crosby's first NHL fight came Dec. 7, 2007, against Boston's Andrew Ference, a fairly even go-round with several punches landed.