Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

sorry but the first part of your post is one of the stupiest things I've ever seen you writeshowing emotion? playing with emotion is what's needed. In the game not breaking a stick or throwing something. those are retarded ways to "show you care"
It's all the same. I don't mean just randomly got break your stick, I mean after you make a mistake that leads to a goal, smash your stick or something. I have no problem with people showing their frustration. It's not something you can plan. I'm sure you aren't retarded enough to misinterpret what I'm talking about.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I don't see how it makes a difference whether someone shows their frustration by smashing their stick. saying "you have no problem with people showing their frustration" and "All I want to see by the end of this game is someone notable breaking their stick over the crossbar" are two different things entirely. I'll assume you mean you want your team to play better and like they care and not the thing you originally said.

That's what I want to see. I don't give a shit if Lucic won the fight, something needs to be done. Someone needs to show something on this team.Tim Wallace: 6'1", 207Milan Lucic: 6'4", 220
That was a pretty sweet fight to watch.
I don't see how it makes a difference whether someone shows their frustration by smashing their stick. saying "you have no problem with people showing their frustration" and "All I want to see by the end of this game is someone notable breaking their stick over the crossbar" are two different things entirely. I'll assume you mean you want your team to play better and like they care and not the thing you originally said.
I'm pretty sure Zach was just looking for something that shows they care.

no duh. I was just saying he picked the most retarded way possible for a player to "show he cares". it's totally meaningless. I'm real glad he smashed that stick. I think he's ready for the next gameyou want real actions not shallow ones.

it wasn't really nit picking. you said something stupid. I pointed it out because well it was quite dumb. you were frustrated and mad and have continued to post without a sound mind. it's not a big deal to say something silly in the heat of the moment. you can take solace in beating me this week in Adam's league.

I think you take his statement too literally.I was listening to the postgame show on the way home from the game and they were saying the players held a closed door meeting right after the game. I hope that will help.I was always pro Therrien but I'm now wondering if a coaching change is in order. I don't even know who you'd get but I'm just wondering.

it wasn't really nit picking. you said something stupid. I pointed it out because well it was quite dumb. you were frustrated and mad and have continued to post without a sound mind. it's not a big deal to say something silly in the heat of the moment.
you almost remind me of MDG with this whole exchange.

Since you brought it up, I'd use a different word but the feeling is mutual, sperm. some people take things too personally. oh well. I'm not going to take the time to choose my words carefully to "make nice". say something dumb and I'll call you out. I don't see it as a big deal but other people do. problem is people think someone is being especially antagonistic when there's quite a bit of back and forth. I call that discussion/conversation.I don't know enough 'bout dannyboy to know what that means exactly.the idea of a coaching change doesn't make sense to me. no Gonchar or Whitney and they lost quite a bit in the summer. I know they went a long stretch without Crosby last year but I think losing two guys who would play like 20+ minutes each on D is huge. especially when they're your two guys who are responsible for that first pass out of the zone which is the foundation of your offense. everything else gets thrown off.

Since you brought it up, I'd use a different word but the feeling is mutual, sperm. some people take things too personally. oh well. I'm not going to take the time to choose my words carefully to "make nice". say something dumb and I'll call you out. I don't see it as a big deal but other people do. problem is people think someone is being especially antagonistic when there's quite a bit of back and forth. I call that discussion/conversation.I don't know enough 'bout dannyboy to know what that means exactly.the idea of a coaching change doesn't make sense to me. no Gonchar or Whitney and they lost quite a bit in the summer. I know they went a long stretch without Crosby last year but I think losing two guys who would play like 20+ minutes each on D is huge. especially when they're your two guys who are responsible for that first pass out of the zone which is the foundation of your offense. everything else gets thrown off.
a simple ok would sufice.

I actually watched a little of the game yesterday noticed a lack of emotion and came here to find thats the topic of discussion. I think it probably has something to do with them getting so close last year and realizing this year they dont have what it takes. Obviously they've had some key injuries on defence but they still should be better than 7th, im starting to think its time for a coaching change in Pittsburgh.

I actually watched a little of the game yesterday noticed a lack of emotion and came here to find thats the topic of discussion. I think it probably has something to do with them getting so close last year and realizing this year they dont have what it takes. Obviously they've had some key injuries on defence but they still should be better than 7th, im starting to think its time for a coaching change in Pittsburgh.
I disagree with your claiming they may be realizing they don't have what it takes. I think there are a few different problems with the Penguins...1. Malkin tries to do too much by himself too often2. Some of the other players are standing around watching Malkin too much3. Fleury was off a long time and is not in a groove yet4. The team as a whole seems to be waiting for something...perhaps for Gonchar5. Crosby needs to be a little meaner6. I don't believe Crosby is 100% healthyThe team is currently in a playoff spot despite their injuries and lackadaisical play. I don't think the current Penguins lineup has the forward depth to challenge teams like Detroit and San Jose but that can change with a quick trade or one of the current players finding another gear.

I don't know about you, but Fleury can only do so much. I thought he played a phenomenal game last night til the third. I think the Pens are struggling because they have no direction in the offensive zone. Anytime they come down the wings they get sucked into the boards and have to cycle. They are not winning the battles along the boards to cycle, which leads to 3 on 2 breaks for the opposing teams.Everyone says that the Pens need a scoring winger, I believe that the only two playmakers on this team are Crosby and Malkin. No one can make the passes that need to be made. I was saying to my g/fs brother last night when was the last time you remember someone scoring on a rebound. I believe it was Jeffery who threw it to the net and Sykora banged in the rebound. It is something we should do more often on the 3 on 2s we have, where the wing throws a hard low shot on net and have the other two crash and bang.Our PP has been a MAJOR struggle for us as well. Listening to the post game show they said Crosby and Malkin have gone 20 PLUS games without a PP tally. The two best players in the world cant pot one and no one else is. It is time for Mike Yeo to go.

a simple ok would sufice.
more fun my wayyou know they're only about 8 points behind last years pace 82/37 * 42 points is 93.something and they had 102 last yeartake any team's top 2 defencemen away and you'll see a drop of at least that. you might say some of the replacement guys are performing well but they'd be that much better with 80% of their current ice time. there's been quite a few setbacks for this team so you'd expect a drop. like someone said, the powerplay isn't doing well. last year they were top 5. this year middle of the pack. they miss Gonchar and Whitney. simple as that.
more fun my wayyou know they're only about 8 points behind last years pace 82/37 * 42 points is 93.something and they had 102 last yeartake any team's top 2 defencemen away and you'll see a drop of at least that. you might say some of the replacement guys are performing well but they'd be that much better with 80% of their current ice time. there's been quite a few setbacks for this team so you'd expect a drop. like someone said, the powerplay isn't doing well. last year they were top 5. this year middle of the pack. they miss Gonchar and Whitney. simple as that.
Too bad Conklin can't save them this year.
I don't know about you, but Fleury can only do so much. I thought he played a phenomenal game last night til the third. I think the Pens are struggling because they have no direction in the offensive zone. Anytime they come down the wings they get sucked into the boards and have to cycle. They are not winning the battles along the boards to cycle, which leads to 3 on 2 breaks for the opposing teams.Everyone says that the Pens need a scoring winger, I believe that the only two playmakers on this team are Crosby and Malkin. No one can make the passes that need to be made. I was saying to my g/fs brother last night when was the last time you remember someone scoring on a rebound. I believe it was Jeffery who threw it to the net and Sykora banged in the rebound. It is something we should do more often on the 3 on 2s we have, where the wing throws a hard low shot on net and have the other two crash and bang.Our PP has been a MAJOR struggle for us as well. Listening to the post game show they said Crosby and Malkin have gone 20 PLUS games without a PP tally. The two best players in the world cant pot one and no one else is. It is time for Mike Yeo to go.
Fleury looks great one game and mediocre, at best, the next. I've never been a big Fleury fan...I just don't think he's a top-tier #1 goalie but he has looked like one at times. His problem seems to be in finding consistency.
lol at the hysteria...Now the Penguin fans are saying what I have been saying since August..Good luck ...
It's called discussion, Serge. Something you seem to be more and more incapable of with each passing day.

but seriously, who didn't think they'd struggle considering the injuries?only REALLY deep teams like Detroit can sustain that like they did somewhat last year but there was a noticeable drop in their play.I stilll don't see the pens as good enough to win without more help (even after they get their guys back). But, it might just be a grinder/energy guy who can play on the second line ala Claude Lemieux in his hayday. Sean Avery? maybe Keith Tkachuk if the price isn't too high (but it will be). Possibly Peca if the Jackets are far enough out of it.

but seriously, who didn't think they'd struggle considering the injuries?only REALLY deep teams like Detroit can sustain that like they did somewhat last year but there was a noticeable drop in their play.I stilll don't see the pens as good enough to win without more help (even after they get their guys back). But, it might just be a grinder/energy guy who can play on the second line ala Claude Lemieux in his hayday. Sean Avery? maybe Keith Tkachuk if the price isn't too high (but it will be). Possibly Peca if the Jackets are far enough out of it.
I think getting TK back will help that quite a bit.with TK - 14-6-3without TK - 5-8-1

Who woulda though missing Kennedy from the lineup would effect them so much, but it seems to be the case. No one has been able to step into his role. Staal Cooke and Kennedy on the 3rd line was pretty potent.As for Therrein I think he's been making some questionable moves. Last night they were killing a 4 on 3 with Scuderi, Staal, and Dupius. Savard quickly scored the eventual game winner NHL 09 one timer style.Also I've never been a fan of playing Malkin and Crosby together 5on5. They are great players obviously but thing the scares teams is playing against them on separate lines. Last night everytime you saw Crosby and Malkin on the ice Chara wasn't far behind. Same thing happend in the Finals with Datsyuk. I just hate putting our eggs in one basket like that. Against crappy teams like the Isles it'll usually work but not against the Bruins too often.Finally on the PP. Please take Malkin off the point. He's just too much of a liability up there. He likes to play with the puck too much and they just can't afford his giveaways. Last night Malkin very nicely stopped Phil Kessel 1 vs. 1 but later failed after he was left out to dry by Crosby with a crap slap pass to Whitney who was pinching in. Put Whitney/Gogo and Letang(when he's back, Orpik in the meantime)/Boucher out there. Malkin can man the half wall, Crosby behind the net (or visa versa) and Sykora in the slot.