Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Don't forget Curry.How would you rank the impact of the injuries to Zigomanis, Fluery, Kennedy, Whitney, Gonchar, Gill, and Boucher. Meaning which ones will give the team the biggest boost upon their return.Here's my list.FlueryGoncharZigomanisGillWhitneyKennedyBoucher
The importance of Gonchar's loss was much more evident earlier in the season. I haven't watched Penguins games close enough over the last few weeks to see if the defense have improved at getting the puck to Crosby down low or if Crosby has adapted. I suspect it's a case of both but earlier in the season it was painfully obvious that Crosby was missing Gonchar and his ability to hit him with a pass in the faceoff circle.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

The importance of Gonchar's loss was much more evident earlier in the season. I haven't watched Penguins games close enough over the last few weeks to see if the defense have improved at getting the puck to Crosby down low or if Crosby has adapted. I suspect it's a case of both but earlier in the season it was painfully obvious that Crosby was missing Gonchar and his ability to hit him with a pass in the faceoff circle.
My take is that Gonchar is sorely missed on the point for the PP. Malkin is ok up there but Gonchar is better. Also Gonchar is very good at getting carrying the puck into the zone on the PP. A PP with Malkin and Crosby should not be 17th in the league. Gonchar is still a few months away but I'm interested to see how Whitney helps. Letang and Gogo also have potential but haven't had extended success yet.Random Stat - On the PP the Pens are 9th at home and 26th on the road. On the PK they are 1st at home and 21st on the road. Quite a difference and weird since they have similar home and away records at 7-4-2 at home and 8-4-2 on the road.

When did NJ become such a dirty team?Letang with an flying elbow/forearm/hand/stick to the teeth.Punches to the face after every single whistle.Madden shoots the puck on net like 5 full seconds after the period ends.Also, blatant ****ing offside on the goal.Pens gotta start scoring though. Sabu has been good, but returned to his swimming self on the goal.

When did NJ become such a dirty team?Letang with an flying elbow/forearm/hand/stick to the teeth.Punches to the face after every single whistle.Madden shoots the puck on net like 5 full seconds after the period ends.Also, blatant ****ing offside on the goal.Pens gotta start scoring though. Sabu has been good, but returned to his swimming self on the goal.
1992 or so, I think.The Holik shot on Letang was brutal... the butt-end to the mouth may get reviewed by the league.
ridiculous play by Malkin, but how the fuck is there no hooking call?
The refs have been completely useless tonight. A couple bad calls (both ways), and a plethora of terrible non-calls.They're just getting in the way out there.

I first remember hearing the news by seeing the moving ticker on the bottom of the ESPN broadcast. As much as I enjoy watching these guys now (maybe not last night as much), there was just NOTHING like watching Lemieux glide around the ice in his prime. Oh, Boucher is back in the line-up, and Lovejoy got sent back down. I hope Boucher is healthy enough that this is a significant upgrade.

+1.5 for me in the FCHL 2 as the Sykora scores from Gogo.Is tonight the night Sykora gets his first hatty?BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITSykora robbed of a hatty as the puck should not have been frozen.