Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Thing is, Crosby, for all his skill, is really a grinder too. He plays well with other grinders, cycling, using the boards, etc, and so many of his goals, and his line's goals come from like a foot or two outside the crease.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Thing is, Crosby, for all his skill, is really a grinder too. He plays well with other grinders, cycling, using the boards, etc, and so many of his goals, and his line's goals come from like a foot or two outside the crease.

Agreed, a grinder with amazing puck control and pursuit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well done. Very impressive, and if nothing else, I'm glad I dont have to hear anymore about how superstars like Crosby+Malkin haven't won enough rings.

Also, re:Jim Rutherford.....

surprised, but not shocked. Rutherford never struck me as the retire early type.....but it seems strange watching him go elsewhere to be GM.

heard the news via text from Zach, my first thought was that he was hired as Pres, not GM.

will be interesting to watch how he does, Ive always thought his best skill was rounding out a roster meant for a Cup run.

YOU'RE WELCOME PENS FANS!

(though I will admit, I thought he screwed up the JStaal trade)

• 3 months later...

OMG the Penguins are at the White House! They are huuuuuge racists and pussy grabbers. I'm going to kneel during every Pittsburgh game. It might get awkward if I'm watching at the bar, but I don't care.

I keep looking at this from a PR standpoint - I hate that they were forced into responding to this "controversy." I'm not sure that there was a way to come out of this looking good. If they go to the WH, they're enabling Trump. If they refuse to go, they're breaking tradition and making a radical political stance that will likewise earn them hatred. Maybe they shouldn't have stepped in and said, "Yeah, we're still gonna go" during all the anthem stuff, but their wish to stay out of the political debates and not take a stand was sabotaged by both sides. Pro-Trump people point to them and say that they're providing a great example, and people like Lebron, Curry, and Kaepernick are in the wrong. Anti-Trump people vilify the Pens for going, and demand that they abstain so that they can politically strike a blow for the left. I just wish they could play hockey and go for #3 in a row. This is beyond stupid.

• Like 1

That's not my spin, that's what the anti-trump people spin it as. Sorry for the confusion - I'm attempting to put this in words as others see it, without allowing my personal leanings come into play. I figure it'd be hypocritical to bemoan people using this as political fuel while also putting my personal leanings out there.

• Like 1

For the record, I'm in favor of them going, as per tradition. I'd rather not have politics invade hockey like it has in the NBA and NFL, and I think sticking to tradition is best in this case. Unfortunately, it seems like this is a no-win situation as far as not making a political stance.

What a D BAG Trump is. He really could not be more offensive, what a piece of sh-t!!!

Trump called the Penguins "true, true champions and incredible patriots," asked Penguins co-owner Ron Burkle to help him renegotiate NAFTA

Give credit where its due Trump, no one does deals better than JR, this was all him!!!!!

Cue Brass Bonanza

I don't really care about the Penguins going. The timing of their announcement was incredibly tone deaf though, and the statements about keeping politics out of sports were naïve at best, blatantly ignorant at worst.

I know it's easy for me to say this, and harder for the guys actually in that situation, but I personally would not have gone. I just would have zero interest in being in the same room as the guy or shaking his hand. And I would not have been personally comfortable standing behind him while he talked, as he is liable to say something incredibly stupid and I wouldn't have been comfortable being used as a political ploy like he did with the NHL in the midst of the other controversies. Not to mention there is zero chance I would have been able to keep a straight face while he was talking and I wouldn't want to become a meme.

I don't really care about the Penguins going. The timing of their announcement was incredibly tone deaf though, and the statements about keeping politics out of sports were naïve at best, blatantly ignorant at worst.

I know it's easy for me to say this, and harder for the guys actually in that situation, but I personally would not have gone. I just would have zero interest in being in the same room as the guy or shaking his hand. And I would not have been personally comfortable standing behind him while he talked, as he is liable to say something incredibly stupid and I wouldn't have been comfortable being used as a political ploy like he did with the NHL in the midst of the other controversies. Not to mention there is zero chance I would have been able to keep a straight face while he was talking and I wouldn't want to become a meme.

So you avoid all situations where you dont deal with people that you dont agree with politically or otherwise? Thats a really tough way to go thru life in my opinion..

No matter what your political affiliation is I think its a good idea to keep sports and politics separated..The NFL has seen a lot of backlash from both sides and now Goodell is trying to backtrack to gain the people back.

The NFL had its problems way before the stupidity( in my opinion) that started last year..I get enough political bullshit through out the day. I want to sit down and watch a sporting event for 3 hours and not deal with that.

So you avoid all situations where you dont deal with people that you dont agree with politically or otherwise? Thats a really tough way to go thru life in my opinion..

Lol says the guy who took his ball and went home because he had disagreements with people here on politics and otherwise. Well I guess you speak from experience.

• Like 1

Lol says the guy who took his ball and went home because he had disagreements with people here on politics and otherwise. Well I guess you speak from experience.

How is it going Steve , hope the family is well...

So you avoid all situations where you dont deal with people that you dont agree with politically or otherwise? Thats a really tough way to go thru life in my opinion

Yeah that's obviously not what I said and you know that. Didn't read the rest of your post and honestly I have zero interest in getting into this subject with you.

Yeah that's obviously not what I said and you know that. Didn't read the rest of your post and honestly I have zero interest in getting into this subject with you.

me neither..

I wont discuss Politics..

Go leafs go

• Like 1

No matter what your political affiliation is I think its a good idea to keep sports and politics separated..The NFL has seen a lot of backlash from both sides and now Goodell is trying to backtrack to gain the people back.

The NFL had its problems way before the stupidity( in my opinion) that started last year..I get enough political bullshit through out the day. I want to sit down and watch a sporting event for 3 hours and not deal with that.

So does it bug you when sports teams play the national anthem or honour the military? Do you think Trump is wrong for repeatedly getting involved with the NFL?

33 years ago today. Mario Lemieux scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game on his first NHL shot.

Remember that goal so vividly.