Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

please include stops at multiple hot dog carts

if any of you folks with time on their hands can track down Steve Simmons home address for me, I have a treat for him.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Apparently the Flames have contacted the Penguins re Fleury.

What's the minimum it takes to move him now?

I don't want to see him go, so I suspect my ask is way higher than reality.

Reality is we'll lose him for nothing, almost certainly, at the expansion draft, so a trade will have to happen at some point in the next 12 months, sadly.

I like the idea of going into next year at with both Murray and Fleury, though, unless you can get a good return for him, I guess.

I was thinking about whether Fleury goes in the expansion draft. Seems obvious that he would, and I can see an expansion team wanting an experienced goalie with 3 years left. And while the Knights won't have any $9M superstars, they won't have a few ELC-type guys either to bring down the average, so they may want a cheaper goalie. And in general, they'll probably want to go with more prospecty-type guys, and while I won't pretend to know the league's backup goalies well enough to make a suggestion, there has to be a few 'prospect' types available.

I think Dubey is right that they'd need a real return, as there is no certainty the Knights take him. Given goalies historically get no value in trades though, I'd guess they get closer to just a 2nd and a 5th.

• 4 weeks later...

This place is walking distance from my house, so if Zach or anyone needs a place to stay or park, give me a shout :icon_surprised:

http://www.coleharbourplace.com/about-chp-fees/events/welcome-home-sidney

The parade starts on my actual street! Which is kind of cool that they're having it in the suburb where he grew up, rather than the downtown area.

https://apps.halifax.ca/hfxnews/3981

Sorry if I m a bit late, but congratulations to the Penguins on an epic run...Back in December things were a bit bleak but great run and well deserved championship...Congrats to PK to winning his first cup.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reading the pens boards couple of theories:

Crosby got hurt at the WC and the NHL doesnt want to have bad press buy losing its marquee star due to the World Cup.

OR

Chris Kunitz caused it...This seems to be an inside joke or something..Is there some history with Kunitz injuring his teammates?

Sid is on the ice this morning skating w a couple of other guys and looks just fine. I think he's in lineup for Thursday. It was a Kunitz high stick at practice. And apparently not that hard a hit. Should be fine.

Sid is on the ice this morning skating w a couple of other guys and looks just fine. I think he's in lineup for Thursday. It was a Kunitz high stick at practice. And apparently not that hard a hit. Should be fine.

let's hope he has a healthy season from here on in when it comes to his head

Separate a shoulder or break a bone in his foot and it won't jeapordize his career but anything to do with concussions has to be really concerning

Seems rather soon, but man would I love to see that.

"Thanks for that on the spot report, Les."

Looks like the pens rings were made by an Armenian jeweller. Coincidence?

https://www.nhl.com/...7428/c-45190303

I was tempted to write back to you on Twitter when you wrote #nevergonnagetone and say that I can copy that for you, but thought better of it. :)

Its a really nice ring from what I can tell, looks cleaner+sharper than some others I have seen. I was a little ticked that after all that, they went with only 14K gold. Come on, go for 18K.

Jostens really has a monopoly on this stuff, huge money maker.

(we looked like we may have the contract for the Oilers ring back in 1989. Then Steve Smith happened and it was a moot point)

If you can, tune into the pens ceremony tonight. They got permission from the league to do something that's never been done before at a banner ceremony. I won't spoil it, but your hint is that the pens have never won the cup on home ice.

The best part of this ceremony is the only player on the roster who wasn't in the team last year is the backup goalie they picked up off waivers. Everyone else was a winner.

Also Sid skating the Cup out was dope.

The best part of this ceremony is the only player on the roster who wasn't in the team last year is the backup goalie they picked up off waivers. Everyone else was a winner.

Also Sid skating the Cup out was dope.

wow, thats pretty rare, Cup winner or not. Makes the ceremony that much more valid IMO.

wow, thats pretty rare, Cup winner or not. Makes the ceremony that much more valid IMO.

We're only missing Ben Lovejoy, Beau Bennett, and Jeff Zatkoff. The latter two only played in 3 playoff games combined.