• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Once more, Matt Cullen turned out to be an amazing pick up. Guy has just been good in all facets of the game, and scored a few goals to boot.

I think I was kind of indifferent to the signing at the time, but boy has he been good.

Once more, Matt Cullen turned out to be an amazing pick up. Guy has just been good in all facets of the game, and scored a few goals to boot.

I think I was kind of indifferent to the signing at the time, but boy has he been good.

I have a man crush on that guy from his days as a Cane. It might have been 10yrs ago, but he was huge in the playofffs, he is a big game guy for sure who can do so many different things.

Give JR credit, he goes to the same well often, but this was the right guy to get for this team. Its probably the 3rd time he acquired Cullen, think he got him twice in Carolina.

Hi folks, it's been awhile.

So I can't seem to escape this Letang play and thought I might find some meaningful discussion here.

Any chance that Letang's stick was a pinned against the boards from the Moore hit and the slash was caused by that? It's still a penalty (need to be in control of your stick) but I don't think it's suspension worthy.

Anyway I'm actually kinda optimistic about this team. I've been watching all year and this is certainly a team that's vastly different since Sullivan took over. Rutherford deserves some credit for getting Hagelin and Daley. (what was Chicago thinking?!?)

MAF being out is less than ideal but I certainly feel better with Murray out there. Beyond that I think if they stick to their speed game and can avoid bogged down playoff hockey they are going to be a tough team to beat.

My thoughts on the play are biased.

Outrage seems to be universal on Twitter.

My theory is that slow motion replays produce vastly different reactions and assumptions than you would see if you only had a full speed reply.

It looks pretty awful at all speeds to be honest. I doubt he intended to slash him in the face, but I think he should probably be suspended a few games.

I may even change my view on it. To blame the Moore hit causing the slash I would have liked to see Letang use his right arm to try to pull away from the slash and it look like he did the opposite. I don't know if I could be upset with 1 game suspension. Anything more would be pushing it though. (FYI I'm using Bellemare as the barometer)

I haven't found video but in real time the Nash hit on Daley looked like a charge. I read somewhere saying Nash left hit feet who knows.

Show a random unbiased person that slash and the Duncan Keith one that landed him 6 games, and most people would probably say that Letang's was worse.

The difference being that Keith's was intentional beyond the shadow of a doubt, and Letang's there is at least some doubt. Also Keith has a history of using his stick as a weapon and being suspended for it.

As an impartial observer, I think 4 games is probably fair.

oh I see they didn't suspend him.

They are giving Letang a giant benefit of a doubt that I guarantee a less marquee player would not receive in that situation.

Letang can be a fiery guy, and Stalberg is an agitator verging on dirty at times. Can I see Letang seeing Stalberg there and letting him have a face full? 100%. But I understand his defense was that he was trying to get his stick back on the ice because he thought the puck was there. Possible? I guess. Suspension worthy? absolutely, IF YOU CAN PROVE INTENT. Otherwise, it's an accidental high ustick

PS. Is anyon else irritated by Pierre Mcguire's insistence on saying 'kristopher' lets go EVERY SINGLE TIME?

Yes...why does he do that but still says Chris Kunitz?

I think Letang got lucky but can't say I was surprised...I applaud the NHL department of player safety for trying to be transparent but god they are far from respectable.

Yes. Pierre is the absolute worst. Avoid at all costs.

Letang def should have been a penalty in game, where intent doesn't matter. Don't know if it's 5+game or 4 mins. Think 5+ needs intent. Either way, Pens got really lucky there and it probably saved the game.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't see guys doing that on purpose. At that speed looked like he was trying to get his stick back in position and it was tangled up, and it just happened to smoke Stalberg. Penalty in game for sure, don't see a suspension. Again, biased.

That Nash hit on Daley was definitely a charge too. Looked worse than it was though because Daley was kind of falling backwards and it probably helped Nash look like he jumped at him even more than he did.

Letang can be a fiery guy, and Stalberg is an agitator verging on dirty at times. Can I see Letang seeing Stalberg there and letting him have a face full? 100%. But I understand his defense was that he was trying to get his stick back on the ice because he thought the puck was there. Possible? I guess. Suspension worthy? absolutely, IF YOU CAN PROVE INTENT. Otherwise, it's an accidental high ustick

since when has the NHL or any pro league had to "prove intent"?. That seems patently ridiculous. At the VERY BEST it is reckless use of stick resulting in a really dangerous situation. That is giving Letang every possible benefit of a doubt. At the worst, it's Donald Brashear level and worthy of 10+ games.

since when has the NHL or any pro league had to "prove intent"?. That seems patently ridiculous. At the VERY BEST it is reckless use of stick resulting in a really dangerous situation. That is giving Letang every possible benefit of a doubt. At the worst, it's Donald Brashear level and worthy of 10+ games.

since always. Hence the phrase 'a hockey play'. That's why Keith's is worse. Look, I don't disagree its you, and I personaly believe letang was aware of what he was doing. I'm just saying I get why they didn't suspend him.

I just think that proving intent is nearly impossible in most situations. I think 1-game should be the absolute minimum here, if we are giving Letang credit for having zero intent whatsoever.

If this was Steve Ott, this conversation would be completely different I think.