• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

kinda feel bad for Arco.

I dont know, I look at his year this year, and think....man, how cool would it be to say he played for 4 NHL teams in 1 year!!!

(if hes married/kids, its brutal. If he's single, its all just living the dream to me)

yeah I guess, and Arizona is actually a really great "final destination" if he sticks there. It would pretty much be my #1 place to live if money/job were not an issue.

I dont know, I look at his year this year, and think....man, how cool would it be to say he played for 4 NHL teams in 1 year!!!

(if hes married/kids, its brutal. If he's single, its all just living the dream to me)

tumblr_mvybiqK9Vo1sznyklo1_1280.jpg

I'm just glad Bennett is back in the line-up. Not sure what was going on there...if you need to send a message, sit a guy. Maybe sit him 2 games. But to sit as often as he did, especially during a back to back away game situation? I don't get that decision at all. I wanted Sill to take his place in the box seats 2 games ago.

He's gotta show up on the score sheet somehow. This team has some major problems are it's all starting with 87 and 71 at this point. Without MAF they would be on the outside looking in at a playoff spot.

This was the best thing I read today... http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2015-02-20/phil-bourque-rant-penguins-slump-sidney-crosby-evgeni-malkin

You can hear Bourque's "rant" at the 25 minute mark of 2/19/15 Penguins hotline. http://penguins.nhl.com/club/podcastbrowser.htm#

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Rutherford finally made a trade that I hate during his tenure in Pittsburgh. Not sure why Depres got traded for Lovejoy. If the knock against Depres is that he takes stupid penalties, well, you can coach that out of him. You can't coach talent into Lovejoy.

Well, Rutherford finally made a trade that I hate during his tenure in Pittsburgh. Not sure why Depres got traded for Lovejoy. If the knock against Depres is that he takes stupid penalties, well, you can coach that out of him. You can't coach talent into Lovejoy.

A lot of people feel the way you do..But maybe can the injury risk be a factor?

Yeah, not sure I follow, Serge. Depres was not getting time under Bylsma for whatever reason - he always had his veteran journeymen he liked, and let players like Depres have their growth stunted a bit. I thought Depres made big strides this year under new coaching, but then to toss him aside for a retread? Don't get it.

I read that neither the previous coaching staff nor the current one trusted Despres. I haven't watched him.play to know exactly what that means.

I read that Lovejoy did improve during his time in Anaheim. However, I also read that he seems to have maxed out. I guess it's just a matter of whether his max is good enough and how long he can stay near it.

I figure Pittsburgh prefers the safety of Lovejoy. They know what they're getting. While Despres may have a higher upside he also comes with some unpredictability which probably contributes to the lack of trust. I guess the Penguins decided they'd rather go the safe route considering the makeup of the team.

Now I'm wondering what MAF's stats are with and without Lovejoy lol

It's classic JR. Bring back a guy who is loved and trusted in the organization and the room.

I don't know if thats the case here with Lovejoy but that's what JR always did in Carolina.

• 1 month later...

This is more for the non penguino fans, but does anyone else thing that people are underestimating this team?

Everyone has written them off , like its inevitable they will get swept... I am not convinced..

Sure they are the only team in the playoffs that literally backed in..They have issues mainly injuries and lack of top quality dmen..

But they have Crosby , Malkin..They have experience...

Fleury has had issues in playoffs, but what if he doesnt this year..What if he Dubnyk, Hammond's his way to the cup finals..

Dont give up fans...This is not over by ANY means.