• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I never really considered buying a Jersey that was never actually worn by a player to be a "jersey foul". At the very least, it has to be pretty far down the list of Jersey fouls.

Huh? Not sure where you're getting that.

http://www.nhlunifor.../Islanders.html

And agree on the jersey fouls that get pardoned by this but can think of plenty of other things higher on my list of annoyances about other fans.

The Orange is what I was referring to.

Anything that shade of Orange makes me think of that Islander Jersey not in a good way.

I don't remember that pen's jersey from the '90's since i am not a Pens fan

??

"He returned to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins, after doctors assured him hockey did not cause the stroke and would not increase his chances of another."

I know doctors assured him that it is fine for him to come back, but people always get 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc opinions.

There is always a chance for another stroke and the 2nd one will be worst than the first one.

I remember when I worked at the hospital and was in charge of doing the inventory. While in Pharmacy I went through the highend drugs. One of them was the one that stops strokes. My question was how many times did you use it on a patient. Their response was never but it is always too late.

DoctorS. How do you know he didn't get second, third, fourth opinions.

And regardless, if the chance of having a second stroke always exists, he SHOULD be playing hockey.

"You know, good chance I get a stroke no matter what I do. Might as well give up this thing I love and go sit in a corner until it strikes because some amateur doctor on a message board doesn't beleive doctors. Well, see ya."

some amateur doctor on a message board doesn't beleive doctors. Well, see ya."

Hey just my opinion. Never called myself a doctor and to me strokes are serious things. Never said to sit in a corner and waste my life away.

Better than sitting in a bar and drinking your life away.

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.

BzW3pkeCIAAnxaP.jpg

I was down at the arena to get my security badge. I'm going to be doing some part time work running the LED boards during some games and other events. Basically we control everything that's shown with the exception of the game feed. We provide the graphics for the scoreboard but obviously the NHL controls the game clock, score, penalties, etc.

We'll see how it goes. It's basically just sitting at a computer and waiting for whistles. Then we can change which advertisement is being displayed. Not really edge of my seat stuff but potentially getting paid a bit to watch a game seems like a decent gig.

• Like 3

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.

Awesome.

Now Im going to need insider info on Malkin. Whats the injury? How did he look? Any news on when he'll be playing, I heard the 50-50 for Thurs thing. Thanks!

Those pads seem very bright

He started out of course wearing similar pads. I vaguely remember the story of an Ottawa eye doctor contacting and suggesting that the yellow were too visible for wanna be goal scorers. He's almost always have had white pads since.

Here's what we wore back in the day... (he wore white for the 09 stanley cup year)

nhl_a_fleury_sq_300.jpg

Awesome.

Now Im going to need insider info on Malkin. Whats the injury? How did he look? Any news on when he'll be playing, I heard the 50-50 for Thurs thing. Thanks!

Wish I had some. Fleury was working with the goalie coach on retrieving pucks on one end and the rest of the team was at the other end. Malkin was next to the net. I didn't watch for long and it appeared they were in between drills.

Personally I feel like, barring a a setback, he's gonna play.