• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Penguins organization is getting criticized for their handling of Bylsma. Obviously they didn't want him coaching Washington.

Penguins organization is getting criticized for their handling of Bylsma. Obviously they didn't want him coaching Washington.

I think he goes to Vancouver now

surprised, but not shocked. Rutherford never struck me as the retire early type.....but it seems strange watching him go elsewhere to be GM.

heard the news via text from Zach, my first thought was that he was hired as Pres, not GM.

will be interesting to watch how he does, Ive always thought his best skill was rounding out a roster meant for a Cup run.

I think I would rather have Pierre over Rutherford. Rutherford is a dinosaur

@wyshynski So if reports are true, Rutherford is at least 3rd choice behind Brisson (who said no) and Pierre (who wanted too much term)

@wyshynski So if reports are true, Rutherford is at least 3rd choice behind Brisson (who said no) and Pierre (who wanted too much term)

None of that is confirmed.

This seems impossible. Brisson, I get. Probably a pay cut for him anyway. But unless Pierre wanted "a term" and the Pens counter offer was "no term" then I have a hard time believing that McGuire would really turn down such a huge opportunity for him, under basically any terms. How confident would you have to be about future offers to turn down the Pens GM job, a promotion from...'guy who sits between benches and shouts about player's hometowns while using their first names' over a year or two of contract?

I don't think Pierre turned him down (and it sounds like he thought he had the job)... I think he wanted 5 and was digging in his heels a bit so the Penguins said up yours we have this other guy on the back burner and let's bring him in.

I was iffy on the hire at first but Rutherford really killed it in that press conference. He didn't cliche it up and without specifically naming names he talked about a lot of the problems with the team. Now I don't see how he could really know this but at least someone in the organization does imo. Bill Guerin being the liason between the GM and locker room I hope will be a fruitful partnership.

Rutherford has the major pieces in place and I'm interested to see how he rounds out the team.

Fwds - Sid, Geno, Neal, Kunitz, Bennett, Dupius, Adams, (Sutter - RFA, bring him back)

I don't know that any of the UFA's are guys to bring back and Adams (@ 37) with one year left on his deal isn't helping.

D - Letang, Martin, Maata, Bortuzzo, Scuderi, (Despres RFA, bring him back)

Scuderi had a pretty rough year and I'll be interested to see how they handle a guy that will be 36 in Dec. with 3 years left on his deal (3.375 mil per). What can they really do though?

Letang's new deal kicks in July 1 and with it comes a Limited NTC. There's talk about moving him but I think even at his high cap number that if he plays like he can he'll be a bargain sooner rather than later.

Niskanen is the only guy I could see them wanting to bring back UFA wise but I don't know if they can afford him. They also have a few NHL ready guys on the farm that sound like they are going to get a shot.

Zach, your GM is an idiot.

2009/03/04 In a three-way trade: Los Angeles Kings traded Patrick O'Sullivan and a 2nd round selection in 2009 to the Carolina Hurricanes for Justin Williams. Then Carolina traded Patrick O'Sullivan and a 2nd round selection in 2009 to the Edmonton Oilers for Erik Cole and a 5th round selection in 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

Only real logic I can think of:

Pens were sick of Neal's lack of composure, terrible penalties, and being prone to delivering dangerous, suspension-worthy hits.

It will be interesting to see how Hornqvist performs with other legit scorers. He scored 30 in Nashville once, and 27 another time. It wouldn't surprise me all that much if he has better stats than Neal next season, to be honest.

Nick Spaling is, at best, a 4th liner, after looking into him more. I thought maybe a decent 3rd, but his Corsi has been horrendous his entire career, and has had a high PDO and SH% in each of the last three years, so I suspect his 30-something points from 2013-14 is his absolute peak, but I doubt he ever touches it again.

Only real logic I can think of:

Pens were sick of Neal's lack of composure, terrible penalties, and being prone to delivering dangerous, suspension-worthy hits.

It will be interesting to see how Hornqvist performs with other legit scorers. He scored 30 in Nashville once, and 27 another time. It wouldn't surprise me all that much if he has better stats than Neal next season, to be honest.

Nick Spaling is, at best, a 4th liner, after looking into him more. I thought maybe a decent 3rd, but his Corsi has been horrendous his entire career, and has had a high PDO and SH% in each of the last three years, so I suspect his 30-something points from 2013-14 is his absolute peak, but I doubt he ever touches it again.

I never really get trades like that...just seems impossible they couldn't have gotten more. I mean, they basically got Kulemin and (insert Leafs 3rd-liner)...would the Leafs have not given up more for a wonderful compliment for Kessel and some oh so important TRUCULENCE? I know its dumb since they obviously did plenty of negotiating with anyone who wanted to talk, it just seems weird.

I don't see the Hornqvist/Kulemin comparison. Hornqvist probably a lot more valuable right now than Kulemin.

I'm sure he is, though he seems to be involved in trade rumours a lot. I was just superficially referring to younger (but not 'young') guys with similarish stat lines. If I'm remembering right, hornqvist is a good deal younger and cheaper.

This is really weird one. Forget the fact that he is a 40 goal scorer, he has one of the best cap hits for the production he provides.