• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I still have a cup (3) in my lifetime.

Thats very positive thing that hopefully we can experience..I just think the anti McGuire stuff is unwarranted...

Age you need to be to experience a Leafs cup today is : 47

The Canadiens age is getting up there to now...They are now legal to drink in the States at 21...

Wait... are we on the same page? I'm not anti-McGuire... simply because I don't have the room in my brain for that negativity. I thought you were making fun of us Pens fans for his impending hire. =/

Wait... are we on the same page? I'm not anti-McGuire... simply because I don't have the room in my brain for that negativity. I thought you were making fun of us Pens fans for his impending hire. =/

No not really..There seems to be a lot of negativity ...Its not warranted..I guess you agree...

Please one time dealer

I'm with Wayne on this one. My brain has no idea whether this is a good hire or a bad one. But my gut says it will be very entertaining

History tends to repeat itself and how many have successfully transitioned back to a front office after being in the media? Especially since he hasn't been on the hockey side since 1997 with the ECHL

To be fair most of the criticism of McGuire around Hartford is his smarmy attitude and how it lost the players in the room as a coach (and only being in Ottawa for only 2 months because it was an expansion team gong show). However, if I was a player fighting in the trenches I would have no problem hating is guts as well.

But he won't be coach, it's a GM position. Seems like you are balancing his absolute dedication to the game, his contacts around the league, and encyclopedic knowledge versus his pita shit grinning, his love affair with certain players (which means he will probably be taken advantage like a newb joining his first keeper league), and loss of 'insider' info.

He makes for a great interview every morning on TSN1200 but seems like the local guys do most of the heavy lifting and he just adds his 2 cents. While Pierre brings good into it's hard to get a great feel on how he would do without the support structure. ie: I think if he was serious about being a GM he would be better off being groomed for it, as an ass-gm or something.

History tends to repeat itself and how many have successfully transitioned back to a front office after being in the media? Especially since he hasn't been on the hockey side since 1997 with the ECHL

Davidson?

Davidson?

I don't know much about him but it seems like he was more respected around the league. Being a 5th overall pick doesn't hurt. All due respect to other President's of Hockey Operations but that's a bit different than a GM position.

No, he was a respected colour guy... his 5th overall pick (oh really?) didn't have a thing to do with it... he was respected because super smart stuff came from his mouth.

"

Will that someone be Pierre McGuire?

If it is, I'll be certain of only this: He (and the Penguins) either would rocket to the top or crash."

Very true.

He isn't a penny stock or Alex Ovechkin, a significant up or down is the most unlikely events, even for an uncertain hire like McGuire. The much more likely scenario would be for some learning curve, where results are neither hugely positive or negative, with any signfiicant up or downswings being felt over the long-term.

He isn't a penny stock or Alex Ovechkin, a significant up or down is the most unlikely events, even for an uncertain hire like McGuire. The much more likely scenario would be for some learning curve, where results are neither hugely positive or negative, with any signfiicant up or downswings being felt over the long-term.

He could make a string of terrible trades -- eg Malkin for Double Dion -- and burn and crash. Or he could draft decently and make necessary tweaks.

He could make a string of terrible trades -- eg Malkin for Double Dion -- and burn and crash. Or he could draft decently and make necessary tweaks.

He will trade for Subban because of the kiss.

"All those rumors last week about everyone's favorite NHL-player's-midget-team-coach-knower being in the running for the Penguins GM job seem to have been pretty well-founded, given the amount of discussion about it early this week. And because McGuire himself seemingly won't stop talking about it.

Darren Dreger talked about it on a few shows, but that's to be expected. In three separate media appearances — two radio hits and an NBC conference call — on Tuesday, though, McGuire confirmed that he was a candidate and that he'd interviewed twice and that he wasn't sure if he was in the running but he's not-NOT in the running you know?

Now, leaving aside that this would be a really great development for the NBC national television, we have to keep in mind that when a normal general manager candidate is up for a job, he does not tell everyone who will listen how far along in the process he is, like a 7-year-old who just saw "X-Men" and wants to tell you about in great detail for 20 minutes no matter how many times you say, “Uh huh.”

Which tells you that he either can't help himself and is hurting his chances of getting the job, or he knows he's not going to get it because oh my god can you imagine Pierre McGuire running your NHL team?"

buahahha

Pierre McGuire has 2 things that a lot of hockey people wish they had...

TWO STANLEY CUP RINGS