Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

I think Pierre McGuire gets a bad rap from people.

He is extremely knowledgeable and has experience. Sure he is annoying but he is a legit candidate.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

He is extremely knowledgeable and has experience. Sure he is annoying but he is a legit candidate.

what makes you say that he is knowledgeable ? Nothing that I've seen from him makes me think that he's smart plus he has no experience. I really can't understand him being a serious candidate.

That being said I hope he gets the job

I remember about 15 years ago when Matt Millen got the job as the Detroit Lions GM.

I was so excited that I would not have to listen to him anymore doing commentary on football games. He was an AWFUL broadcaster. A John Madden wannabe that knew nothing about football. He was even a worse GM

Yes I would love to see Pierre get the job

Experience? Like as coach of the Whalers? You should read up on that one, an unmitigated disaster, and many will tell you it was all his fault. He pissed off a lot of people and was generally a huge d*ck.

That said, I used to like him on radio, and I thought he was fairly knowledgeable. I don't know who this "TV" guy is though, once he got on screen, he totally changed and became a caricature of himself.

He's certainly knowledgeable but does knowing where Brian Gibbons played when he was 14 really help? If he really was any good I don't think he's be out of that side of the game for so long.

I have yet to hear one Penguins fan claim that Pierre as GM would be a good idea. Surely the organization is smart enough to know how much negative feedback there will be, right? Right?!?

I have yet to hear one Penguins fan claim that Pierre as GM would be a good idea. Surely the organization is smart enough to know how much negative feedback there will be, right? Right?!?

I'm pretty confident that the opinions of fans should be among the last things any organization would consider when hiring a GM.

Pretty sure all these McGuire as a GM rumours are just started by his PR/agent.

Detroit radio the last week have been talking about a trade involving Bancock for Malkin and picks. Lol

Sometimes I seriously wonder how people can have these conversations, and if 95% of people involved aren't just trolling and re-trolling each other.

The Babcock stuff is a media creation but we've heard it here too. Obviously you can't trade coaches. For all we know it could just be coming from Babcock to put the heat on Detroit to extend him.

The Mcguire stuff unfortunately seems pretty real to me. Hopefully it ends at an interview. Yes at the end of the day the fans shouldn't factor much into the decision but they shouldn't need the fans perspective to know that it would be a horrible decision.

And the hits just keep on coming. Derrick Pouliot, Olli Maata, and Beau Bennett are out 4-6 months after shoulder, shoulder, and wrist surgeries respectively.

@jneal_18 All of these rumors couldn't be further from the truth. I love being a Pittsburgh Penguin. I hope to remain a Penguin and win as a Penguin.

‏@BeauBennett19 5m @jneal_18 they're confused, you asked to trade to a different stall because my gear smells so bad

Coach trades have happened in the past but I don't believe that's allowed anymore under this CBA.

This McGuire stuff is just getting out of hand.

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-searching-for-any-reason-mcguire-would-be-good-pick/article_939ead8b-37a7-5f25-afc8-40907bd33a26.html

Madden isn't making this stuff up either. I know that's likely the first response. His information has been widely reported around town by multiple sources.

Anyway I just don't see how this can end up as anything but disaster? When could Mario/Burkle/Morehouse be thinking with this? Is McGuire just going to be a puppet and if it goes bad he'll take the blame? They have to realize we'd see through that, right?

Nothing is a disaster until it actually happens.... or until it goes poorly, I guess. I dunno. I'd hate it, but I'd probably find a way to put a positive spin on it... to get through life.

I think all the times you guys have made fun of JFJ, Burke, Carlyle this would be fitting..

Even if you didnt make fun, its still fitting